Is this a Deal?

Discuss your favorite brand and how to fix it.
artesianspringsfarm
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Is this a Deal?

Postby artesianspringsfarm » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:11 pm

Seems like a great price for the hours but I'm not familiar with the model. Thoughts?

https://syracuse.craigslist.org/hvo/6047296243.html

shaz
GURU
GURU

Re: Is this a Deal?

Postby shaz » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:36 pm

Paid 20k for a JD about that size and hours.
Grab the bull by the horns.....then what are you supposed to do?

Black and Good
GURU
GURU

Postby Black and Good » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:56 pm

I'm pretty sure it's from over seas as I don't believe those boom swivels are legal here. Everyone one I've ever seen that has that has been from over seas. But, Hitachi builds a great machine. Hitachi makes all excavators for JD mini to big. B&G
WARNING! These Cattle get in your blood. Hope you have credit or a thick checkbook! LOL

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:03 pm

I'm pretty sure it's from over seas as I don't believe those boom swivels are legal here.

Something like this would be un-nerving as blazes to me. Bad enough working with a backhoe, but swivel and tilt too with no stabilizers??

https://www.coppard.co.uk/imagesshadow/ ... 3-7962.jpg
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke
"The hottest places in Hades are for those who in time of great moral crises remain neutral" Dante

drivesprocket
Beginner
Beginner

Postby drivesprocket » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:16 am

If it checks out mechanically, it's a deal. Don't be afraid of the "swivels". That option allows the boom to be offset. For example, it can be offset so that you can travel close to a structure, and dig right next to it also.

SteppedInIt
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby SteppedInIt » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:40 pm

drivesprocket wrote:If it checks out mechanically, it's a deal. Don't be afraid of the "swivels". That option allows the boom to be offset. For example, it can be offset so that you can travel close to a structure, and dig right next to it also.

+1 the only thing I would worry about is making sure there is a dealer close by for parts
"When the People fear their government there is tyranny, when government fears the people there is liberty" - Thomas Jefferson

SteppedInIt
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby SteppedInIt » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:46 pm

drivesprocket wrote:If it checks out mechanically, it's a deal. Don't be afraid of the "swivels". That option allows the boom to be offset. For example, it can be offset so that you can travel close to a structure, and dig right next to it also.

+1 the only thing I would worry about is making sure there is a dealer close by for parts
"When the People fear their government there is tyranny, when government fears the people there is liberty" - Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Trucks, Tractors and Machinery”