Garden 2017

Help Support CattleToday:

MRRherefords":3v285kp8 said:
We are finally able to get into ours to plant. It has been so wet around here, it was tough to get the tractor in!

My garden has suffered a set back as cows got out and ate the corn.

Garden coming on...

IMG_20170530_073544125_zpshxartil9.jpg

I planted sweet potatoes Saturday

IMG_20170530_073515322_zpsiiaja5rd.jpg

with all this rain potato bugs are eating up my potato plants what few came up lol can I use ORTHENE 97 on them ? seems as though seven dust is making them fatter or more hungry.

Still can't get into mine as it has rained the last six days in a row! Bought all the plants and potatoes and they look like they might not make it by the time I actually get them in the ground.

MRRherefords":inejicls said:
Still can't get into mine as it has rained the last six days in a row! Bought all the plants and potatoes and they look like they might not make it by the time I actually get them in the ground.

Not good... its been rainy here as well. When will the rain be done? per the weather liars

skyhightree1":2v16kqta said:
MRRherefords":2v16kqta said:

Not good... its been rainy here as well. When will the rain be done? per the weather liars
Don't really know what they are talking about do they.

Armadillos have about wiped me out
An electric fence doesn't slow them down

Better late than never. I finally got my salsa garden started. Added 2 yr old composted manure to my old beds and filled a new bed with 100% manure (that one will be an experiment) I put soaker hose under breathable black fabric on 2 beds and am trying straw on the new bed. 4 varieties of tomatoes a bunch of peppers. Im trying some potatoes in the new bed, I still need to plant onions. Chickens got through the electric last night and uprooted most of the straw covered bed. I tried to catch them and kill them but they are simply too fast.

Cross-7":2xem17zx said:
Armadillos have about wiped me out
An electric fence doesn't slow them down

That really sucks I sprayed some bug killer on my beans cause something was eating them up and sure as s... its killing them :mad:

ohiosteve":2xem17zx said:
Better late than never. I finally got my salsa garden started. Added 2 yr old composted manure to my old beds and filled a new bed with 100% manure (that one will be an experiment) I put soaker hose under breathable black fabric on 2 beds and am trying straw on the new bed. 4 varieties of tomatoes a bunch of peppers. Im trying some potatoes in the new bed, I still need to plant onions. Chickens got through the electric last night and uprooted most of the straw covered bed. I tried to catch them and kill them but they are simply too fast.

Looking good... I have always wanted to try something like that keep us posted with pics . I was thinking of using the dirt from the chicken coop or pig pen and doing a small garden just like those you have.

IMG_20170606_064756244_zpsnzauofv7.jpg

okra had to plant the plants seeds won't come up

IMG_20170606_064921822_zpsghnspg57.jpg

cucumbers

IMG_20170606_065018655_zpsue7f1jcu.jpg

I cant wait to get this cabbage and some corned beef or fat meat

IMG_20170606_065217402_TOP_zpsqejtx6k2.jpg

i cut way back on my gardening efforts this year. With the wife battling these leg infections she is unable to help me put it up and it was just going to waste ....

So I just planted a few tomatoes and peppers and cucumbers for the table. but they are doing pretty well.

I just got through planting the garden. Hopefully I wont be here for the harvest as the place is up for sale. But the garden gate is only about 30 feet from the backdoor. I figured having something growing will help to make the place more attractive to someone.

had to replant some of mine.. used some older seeds and they didn't do anything.. oh well.

ddd75":32bg3b2s said:
had to replant some of mine.. used some older seeds and they didn't do anything.. oh well.

I trash my old seeds every year ... been there done that... gardening is too much work not to start off on the right foot. That stinks hope it works out well.

Latest posts