Obamacare

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Re: Obamacare

Postby True Grit Farms » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:09 am

ddd75 wrote:even though we pay around 1000/month for insurance.. we just had a child at home with a midwife since its now 8500 to have a child in the hospital (with insurance). But it was 1000x better experience at home then at the hospital anyway.

its just another poor people tax.. now we have to pay for them to eat, sleep, go to the ER.. get all their pills..etc..

I've often wondered why more folks don't have their kids at home. We enjoyed having our kids at home. My daughter was a little tricky because her umbilical cord was wrapped around her neck. I told my wife to push and she said she wasn't having a contraction, I told her what was up and Andrea almost hit the floor coming out she pushed so hard.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

Farm Fence Solutions
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Farm Fence Solutions » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:36 pm

Obamacare. It only works if you don't. We have a policy, but it's worthless unless something serious happens. My wife is a vet tech, sooooo we're covered. lol
0 x
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

farmerjan
GURU
GURU

Postby farmerjan » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:04 pm

@boondocks don't know about the morbidly obese and no I don't think it covers smokers but I don't remember. Try the dreaded google for Liberty health share and see what you think.
The prolotherapy has definitely helped the pain in the left knee but it was not so bad as the other. It is not doing much for the ankle but it is really bad. We are now thinking stem cell which is in the neighborhood of 5,000 but is a one time deal. At present I am doing the right knee and the left shoulder and it's only been a couple of weeks. The shoulders are just starting to hurt quite a bit so not as damaged as the knees or the ankle. I want to do any/every thing I can before I go the serious surgery route, and since the ankle will most likely be a fusion, I am doing anything there is to stave that off. Knee replacement is not as "serious" as the ankle replacement and since they only do the "top joint" in the ankle and you have 3 joints, replacement would be only partially beneficial anyway. My biggest problem is being on concrete for work, I think I would see more improvement if I could just off the concrete.
0 x

Workinonit Farm
GURU
GURU

Postby Workinonit Farm » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:57 pm

farmerjan wrote: My biggest problem is being on concrete for work, I think I would see more improvement if I could just off the concrete.

You would/will be amazed at the difference, in how you feel, if/when you can get off that concrete! It takes a little bit of time, but what a difference.

Good luck with all your joint issues, not fun.
0 x
Live each day as if it were your last.

danl
Rancher
Rancher

Postby danl » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:21 pm

:idea:I just met with the insurance agents for the renewal at work. My job includes taking care of the insurance. Yay. Not.
We had a good plan that is ending oct. 31 due to not enough enrollees.
The only people left are 50 plus years old. The young ones are invincible or on Obama care. The remainder are on their spouses plan. For a 2500.00 deductible with 5000.00 maximum out of pocket it is going to be 651.00 a month. 30.00 office visit and 15/25/50 drug copay.
I'm actually pretty happy with, just hope the owner goes along with it. He thinks we should have a 10000.00 deductible. Only thing is, he has it we don't.
One of the plans offered was Anthem was over 1400.00 per person, the owners wife asked what was so good about that plan. They said it isn't better but it's Obama Care compliant. We are exempt, but they have to offer.
0 x

farmerjan
GURU
GURU

Postby farmerjan » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:02 pm

Our company switched from Anthem BCBS to Aetna for that very reason of way out of the world cost. For me it is one of those 6 of one half a dozen of the other, because neither would cover the prolotherapy or other types of holistic care, and I am fortunate to not have any other health problems that I need medications for. So, the benefit to me for the health care is negligible but if there is a catastrophic event like an accident, then it will be of benefit to me. Still with 6,000 deductible, unless I am hospitalized, it takes a bit to even reach the deductible. I am thinking seriously of adding the Liberty health share and pay out of pocket in case I lose any more farms, and to establish myself as I honestly don't believe that Medicare at 65 will be the answer; as we get to where it is bankrupt like medicaid and social security and all are headed.
0 x

ddd75
Rancher
Rancher

Postby ddd75 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:06 am

social security would be fine if they stopped giving it to all the 'disabled' people and their children.
0 x

Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jogeephus » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:20 pm

ddd75 wrote:social security would be fine if they stopped giving it to all the 'disabled' people and their children.

Don't forget the disabled children who qualify because they are unruly and need a belt. They get a check to. At times I think I live in the disabled capital of the world. Sure are a bunch of healthy folks with those blue handicapped signs hanging from their mirrors. Or do they sell air fresheners that look like that? They really must.
0 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:51 pm

ddd75 wrote:social security would be fine if they stopped giving it to all the 'disabled' people and their children.

Sure hope that was sarcasm. If not, it would be the most asinine statement I've ever read on this board. I have a mentality disabled son that would basically starve if he didn't get help from me and the gubmint. It's the freeloaders I object to.
0 x
"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

Calhoun103
Beginner
Beginner

Postby Calhoun103 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:50 am

Slick, I don't think you should take offense at that last post, it obviously wasn't directed at legitimate claims. I made decisions on those claims for years. The fraud rate is astronomical and is virtually never pursued.
0 x

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:30 pm

Calhoun103 wrote:Slick, I don't think you should take offense at that last post, it obviously wasn't directed at legitimate claims. I made decisions on those claims for years. The fraud rate is astronomical and is virtually never pursued.

I certainly couldn't tell that by reading the statement, which is the reason I hoped it was sarcasm. It was a nightmare to get benefits for the boy so he could live on his own.
0 x
"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

Return to “Coffee Shop”