What do you feed your dogs

Help Support CattleToday:

M-5":j1thpvim said:
MoCrackerCowboy":j1thpvim said:
What the he77 would a Florida hillbilly know about these southern gators
Go back to your mountain top and stay outta the swamps

sounds like a guy a know that's all hat and no cattle, moved down south sold his boots and jeans and truck , bought flip flops shorts and jeep and goes 4 wheeling at the mall , shows people how much the jeep will flex on the parking spot concrete stops.

At least he doesn't have to wash it. That way he can spend more time at the pool drinking rum.

True Grit Farms":3ic8ewcq said:
M-5":3ic8ewcq said:
MoCrackerCowboy":3ic8ewcq said:
What the he77 would a Florida hillbilly know about these southern gators
Go back to your mountain top and stay outta the swamps

sounds like a guy a know that's all hat and no cattle, moved down south sold his boots and jeans and truck , bought flip flops shorts and jeep and goes 4 wheeling at the mall , shows people how much the jeep will flex on the parking spot concrete stops.

At least he doesn't have to wash it. That way he can spend more time at the pool drinking rum.
and wearing high heels.

My Pyrenees/Blue Heeler cross eats the retriever brand from TSC mixed with a moist pack. My wife's Boston Terrier eats 4health with a lil bit of moist pack. The BT has a sensitive stomach and skin and has been on pro plan and science diet and she does best on 4health.

wacocowboy":2bhqfj4d said:
My Pyrenees/Blue Heeler cross eats the retriever brand from TSC mixed with a moist pack. My wife's Boston Terrier eats 4health with a lil bit of moist pack. The BT has a sensitive stomach and skin and has been on pro plan and science diet and she does best on 4health.
YOu mean all that corn in that science diet is good for a sensitive stomach?? ;-)

HDRider":1yifl2hq said:
I'd like to see a pic of that GP/BH cross. That is a new one for me.

I thought some of you might like this info - 200 Foods Dogs Can and Can't Eat - Onions one the one thing that shocked me at how bad it is.
http://doginfomaniac.com/200-foods-dogs ... -cant-eat/

I think it has more to do with the dog than the actual ingredients. My daughters Chihuahua got a whole bag of Hershey kisses one time . when we got home there was foil every where and she had un wrapped and ate the whole bag. Didn't hurt that PIA one bit .

TexasBred":26re0wsa said:
wacocowboy":26re0wsa said:
YOu mean all that corn in that science diet is good for a sensitive stomach?? ;-)

Heck no!!! Feed her that and the smell will chase you from the room. Believe it or not the breeder and vet both recommend Science Diet.

wacocowboy":36c7nz3o said:
TexasBred":36c7nz3o said:
wacocowboy":36c7nz3o said:

Heck no!!! Feed her that and the smell will chase you from the room. Believe it or not the breeder and vet both recommend Science Diet.
All vets recommend Science Diet (They also sell it). That way SD can advertise "Vet Recommended". Doesn't mean it's that good. I honestly haven't looked at a bag lately but last time I did look corn was the first ingredient listed then a bunch of by-products. Not near the quality they would want you to think it is.

TexasBred":3uebi7lc said:
wacocowboy":3uebi7lc said:
TexasBred":3uebi7lc said:

All vets recommend Science Diet (They also sell it). That way SD can advertise "Vet Recommended". Doesn't mean it's that good. I honestly haven't looked at a bag lately but last time I did look corn was the first ingredient listed then a bunch of by-products. Not near the quality they would want you to think it is.

I was in a vets office the other day picking up a friends dog and they had a special bag of SD all natural no grain whatever else bs. Hate to know what that cost.

wacocowboy":3as12sk8 said:
TexasBred":3as12sk8 said:
wacocowboy":3as12sk8 said:

I was in a vets office the other day picking up a friends dog and they had a special bag of SD all natural no grain whatever else bs. Hate to know what that cost.
If it was a full size bag probably in the $50 range +/- a few dollars.

TexasBred":fzfssxk8 said:
wacocowboy":fzfssxk8 said:
TexasBred":fzfssxk8 said:

Might as well just buy the dog rib eyes

wacocowboy":2a3gpgar said:
TexasBred":2a3gpgar said:
wacocowboy":2a3gpgar said:

Might as well just buy the dog rib eyes
That too would work.

My dog eats what my husband does.Now don't take that the wrong way, they both say I'm a good cook :mrgreen:

reeler":16byrad5 said:
My dog eats what my husband does.Now don't take that the wrong way, they both say I'm a good cook :mrgreen:
My dog would be so fat he would be pretty worthless (like me) :lol:

TexasBred":29a0u0bj said:
reeler":29a0u0bj said:
My dog would be so fat he would be pretty worthless (like me) :lol:
You ain't seen a fat dog till you seen mine. Vet said quit feeding table food, but it didn't do any good. I'm actually not the culprit here, most of the time anyway

I have fed the Science Diet. It's a lot better than most but not as good as they want you to think.

Right now I have 5 grown dogs and 1 pup. I fed Diamond or or Sportsmix the majority of the time bc they have it locally. My pup was not doing good on the Diamond puppy so I went searching online. TSC carries one of the top ranked foods, Blue Buffalo. Since switching my pup over it has made a world of difference. I recently switched my mature dogs over too.

It's $61 a bag so it's not some thing you want to put in a self feeder for you muts around the house but if you have a kennel of working dogs and you measure out the feed, it's worth it.

We talk about the quality of feeds on here all the time for cattle and it's the same for dogs. Some times spending more for better quality it actually saving you money. As an example I have a big male Catahoula that is a hard keeper. He needs 2 cans of Sportsmix daily to look decent. He looks great on 1 can of Blue Buffalo a day. You can look at all the dogs coats and poop and tell it's having better results... for the same cost.

We feed dog food but they have always helped themselves to calf, turkey, squirrel and occasionally cat crap

I always feed my dog with Chicken for small breed adults by Eukanuba. Its actually my pet's favorite.

Latest posts