fence tips and tricks

Help Support CattleToday:

callmefence":g5bjcs75 said:
Farm Fence Solutions":g5bjcs75 said:
dieselbeef":g5bjcs75 said:
a wood post every hundred? metal in between then? like ya say..never work here..a metal post on our sand will fall over from the wind blowing..just not enough surface area

Stretch yer wire tighter, and it'll hold them posts up. :lol2: Do you have bedrock of any kind under the sand? I figured there'd be ancient coral down there somewhere that'd be a bear to get through.

There's actually a little truth in that first 2 sentence. With a good hightensil fixed knot wire. It's hard to describe the difference until you've seen 2000' stand itself up with just a little bit of help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9LQNgsUQG4

Not 2,000', but you get the general idea.

FFS, in watching your gut stretch video (Tips and Tricks Episode 2: Woven Wire Fence Gut Strain) I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that gets a comealong or stretcher handle hung in my shirt when I start working the handle.... :lol: :lol:

Farm Fence Solutions":1zb1frb7 said:
For the record, I said a vibratory driver on a mast would be the dogs bollicks for pipe and t posts. That garbage on a loader just looks like a pain in the azz. And, yes, my driver is badazz.....and it works on pipe. Lol

In all honesty you right. I remembered that conversation wrong.. I dam near bought one until I watched their videos.
The guy was having to keep the skidsteer skidding to stay plum. No way with a tractor.
I still still think you dropped that big azz weight on your head sometime in the last couple weeks. ;-)

You keep using that pipe you'll be able to work when the grounds hard. :lol2:

Farm Fence Solutions":3ekqmfn0 said:
callmefence":3ekqmfn0 said:
Farm Fence Solutions":3ekqmfn0 said:
Stretch yer wire tighter, and it'll hold them posts up. :lol2: Do you have bedrock of any kind under the sand? I figured there'd be ancient coral down there somewhere that'd be a bear to get through.

There's actually a little truth in that first 2 sentence. With a good hightensil fixed knot wire. It's hard to describe the difference until you've seen 2000' stand itself up with just a little bit of help.

I can drive a48 metal post til its gone..no btm where im at..we get to hardpan about 10 ft down...after a few ft of that its back to sand...we don't get anything but water much after 6 ft or so...

dieselbeef":373r87az said:
Farm Fence Solutions":373r87az said:
callmefence":373r87az said:

I can drive a48 metal post til its gone..no btm where im at..we get to hardpan about 10 ft down...after a few ft of that its back to sand...we don't get anything but water much after 6 ft or so...
we can jet a well 25 ft no problem

dieselbeef":1218iqd9 said:
dieselbeef":1218iqd9 said:
Farm Fence Solutions":1218iqd9 said:

That's good to know. My wife want's to move to N FL, and I like the idea of easy fencing. :lol2:

Farm Fence Solutions":2eofngop said:
dieselbeef":2eofngop said:
dieselbeef":2eofngop said:

That's good to know. My wife want's to move to N FL, and I like the idea of easy fencing. :lol2:

we are full . try Mississippi

Farm Fence Solutions":20c8p839 said:
For the record, I said a vibratory driver on a mast would be the dogs bollicks for pipe and t posts. That garbage on a loader just looks like a pain in the azz. And, yes, my driver is badazz.....and it works on pipe. Lol

Now that's cute. I didn't show these earlier.. well.... because they weren't in earlier... :cowboy:

fence_it":14cklg6c said:
This looks like the cats meow for pipe. Think they make a self propelled version
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qHxJyEq0ZQ4

I agree. Something like that on a stable base would be the bees meow for an all pipe/t post outfit. That trailer rig just looks like it wants to roll off a hill or get stuck in the woods. :lol: On a mast like that makes way more sense to me than free handing it with a loader.

callmefence":1n5di7kv said:
Farm Fence Solutions":1n5di7kv said:

Now that's cute. I didn't show these earlier.. well.... because they weren't in earlier... :cowboy:

Cute? This is cute.

Farm Fence Solutions":vvbqn90v said:
callmefence":vvbqn90v said:
Farm Fence Solutions":vvbqn90v said:

Cute? This is cute.

Like your new driver...that's badazz. :clap:

Farm Fence Solutions":39zfu5v3 said:
dieselbeef":39zfu5v3 said:
dieselbeef":39zfu5v3 said:

Central Texas

Latest posts