I'm going to a sale next month where they are selling quite a few bulls. Just last summer I was talking about wanting to collect him because I was VERY pleased with his calves. I probably should not have opened my mouth about that one
I am having the vet out next week to possibly see exactly what the problem was. Only one out of the 12 open had some issues that could have caused her not to breed; she had small ovaries. Vet was really surprised when I told him that she was 18 months old. So, she is down the road too.
I guess the worst thing is just if I would try to breed them now, I will be out of calving season. So, I need to call the association and see how much this is going to mess me up if I wait to put in the spring season. I know my calving intervals will be WAY off. It just really sucks because he bred 16 cows to calve this spring, and then all of a sudden went bad.
Thanks for the wishes. I'm pretty confident that I can find a bull as good or better to go on our cows.