GURU
GURU

Re: Yeast cultures and the benefits

Post by Ebenezer » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:50 pm

Brookhill Angus wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:23 pm
Ebenezer wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:36 pm
So, is there a difference in fed in fertility and bred in fertility? I think so. Which do you want and which do you sell? I know which one is cheapest to keep on the farm and which one real commercial cattlemen want. What is the purpose of the #2 option?
The word “cheap” is never used on my operation, it’s forbidden. Cheap denotes lack of quality.

The fact that you are focused on the “cheapest” route is quite telling.
My, what a large hyperbole you have, Grandma.

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Post by TexasBred » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:24 am

Brookhill Angus wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:27 pm
TexasBred wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:30 pm

I can put you in touch with some buyers that don’t do anything we do, and they have had plenty of success with our bulls. It would be safe to say they run them pretty hard. Just saying....
Wow this just blows me away. It just does not register with you at all. You are the vendors delight. :clap: :clap:
You should see my cattle, that’s what would really blow you away.
I saw the pics and that was enough. You can have them.
“Tell me what you brag about and I'll tell you what you lack”

Spanish Proverb

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Post by TexasBred » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:27 am

Brookhill Angus wrote:
Ebenezer wrote:
So, is there a difference in fed in fertility and bred in fertility? I think so. Which do you want and which do you sell? I know which one is cheapest to keep on the farm and which one real commercial cattlemen want. What is the purpose of the #2 option?
The word “cheap” is never used on my operation, it’s forbidden. Cheap denotes lack of quality.

Cheap is relative much like "stupid".

Spanish Proverb

Brookhill Angus
GURU
GURU

Post by Brookhill Angus » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:07 am

TexasBred wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:24 am
Brookhill Angus wrote:
TexasBred wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:30 pm

Wow this just blows me away. It just does not register with you at all. You are the vendors delight. :clap: :clap:

I hope we all can see photos of your herd sometime, detailed ones at that, I’m always interested in seeing how the “real pros” of the industry do things, and what genetics are being used.

I’ve heard you quite the cattleman.
"When someone tells you it can't be done, it's more a reflection of their limitations, not yours"

Brookhill Angus
GURU
GURU

Post by Brookhill Angus » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:10 am

TexasBred wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:27 am
Brookhill Angus wrote:
Ebenezer wrote:

Cheap is relative much like "stupid".
Don’t forget “antiquated”
"When someone tells you it can't be done, it's more a reflection of their limitations, not yours"

sim.-ang.king
GURU
GURU

Post by sim.-ang.king » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:15 pm

Brookhill Angus wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:07 am
TexasBred wrote:
Brookhill Angus wrote:

I hope we all can see photos of your herd sometime, detailed ones at that, I’m always interested in seeing how the “real pros” of the industry do things, and what genetics are being used.

Bet'cha he can tell ya how many Mcal/cwt, and how much CP your 1800# cows should be getting.
"We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst." - C. S. Lewis

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Post by TexasBred » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:39 pm

Brookhill Angus wrote:
TexasBred wrote:
Brookhill Angus wrote:

No not as all. As I had on my sig. line once "I'm just a beggar trying to show other beggars where I found bread". But it's still a fact that even when you show them the bread you can't make them eat it.

Spanish Proverb

Brookhill Angus
GURU
GURU

Post by Brookhill Angus » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:43 pm

TexasBred wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:39 pm
Brookhill Angus wrote:
TexasBred wrote:

No not as all. As I had on my sig. line once "I'm just a beggar trying to show other beggars where I found bread". But it's still a fact that even when you show them the bread you can't make them eat it.
I'm just a country boy looking to breed a decent animal, Angus that is....

CreekAngus
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Post by CreekAngus » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:41 pm

Brookhill Angus wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:16 am
Lucky_P wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:12 am
Some years ago, a prominent animal scientist opined in one of the trade magazines, that "If you're getting a 95+% calf crop...you're probably spending too much money on feed."
I think there's more than a nugget of truth in that.
Penny wise, pound foolish.

Feed is cheap when you consider what I’m producing.

25-30 SAV America 8018 sons pay for a LOT of feed.
That might be the dumbest and most arrogant comment I’ve seen of CT to this point. I always wonder James what it is that you’re trying to accomplish as a breeder. It sounds like your Dad has left you quite a legacy, some really nice cows. But where are you going from here, other than shoving a bunch of yeast in to them. In five years what do you want Brookhill to be known for? I sure hope it isn’t cattle that needs to have the feed poured to them to make them perform. That isn’t going to be a profitable endeavor unless of course your genetics can outrun poor management. And I wonder what is your market? Is it folks who actually care if they get an America son? Do they even care about the pre-fix much less the actual name? Boasting about pouring on feed and supplements is really foolish bragging, for some of us, cattle is just a hobby, my real career can support many foolish decisions I may want to make with my cattle. But for many on here, where their paycheck comes from the cattle they sell your bravado is petty. Many on here have great insight and experience that we have the fortune to glean without cost. And likewise we are able to get information from you we can use in our own operations. But I do ask with all sincerity, where do you want to be in five years?
A brand ins’t something you earn, it’s something you live up to - John Dutton

Brookhill Angus
GURU
GURU

Post by Brookhill Angus » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:08 am

CreekAngus wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:41 pm
Brookhill Angus wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:16 am
Lucky_P wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:12 am
Some years ago, a prominent animal scientist opined in one of the trade magazines, that "If you're getting a 95+% calf crop...you're probably spending too much money on feed."
I think there's more than a nugget of truth in that.
Penny wise, pound foolish.

Feed is cheap when you consider what I’m producing.

25-30 SAV America 8018 sons pay for a LOT of feed.
That might be the dumbest and most arrogant comment I’ve seen of CT to this point. I always wonder James what it is that you’re trying to accomplish as a breeder. It sounds like your Dad has left you quite a legacy, some really nice cows. But where are you going from here, other than shoving a bunch of yeast in to them. In five years what do you want Brookhill to be known for? I sure hope it isn’t cattle that needs to have the feed poured to them to make them perform. That isn’t going to be a profitable endeavor unless of course your genetics can outrun poor management. And I wonder what is your market? Is it folks who actually care if they get an America son? Do they even care about the pre-fix much less the actual name? Boasting about pouring on feed and supplements is really foolish bragging, for some of us, cattle is just a hobby, my real career can support many foolish decisions I may want to make with my cattle. But for many on here, where their paycheck comes from the cattle they sell your bravado is petty. Many on here have great insight and experience that we have the fortune to glean without cost. And likewise we are able to get information from you we can use in our own operations. But I do ask with all sincerity, where do you want to be in five years?
In a place where my future self thanks me.