what bit to easily drill 3/8 or 1/2" holes in about 80 tires?

Share knowledge or ideas about doing anything and everything.
D2Cat
Rancher
Rancher

Re: what bit to easily drill 3/8 or 1/2" holes in about 80 tires?

Postby D2Cat » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:41 pm

Thought you said you were going to cover them with dirt. If you use hair pins made out of rebar, going from the outside one one tire to the next, then fill the tires with dirt or gravel you will have a good base.
0 x

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:03 pm

D2Cat wrote:Thought you said you were going to cover them with dirt. If you use hair pins made out of rebar, going from the outside one one tire to the next, then fill the tires with dirt or gravel you will have a good base.

Well, I didn't 'exactly' say that..I said "(Texas Environmental Quality Board allows this use as long as the tires are covered with soil)".

But yeah, sure...that's what I'm gonna do, just as soon as find a place on this low lying piece of property (that's already one big hole), to dig a deeper hole and get some dirt.
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

1982vett
GURU
GURU

Postby 1982vett » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:15 am

greybeard wrote:
D2Cat wrote:Thought you said you were going to cover them with dirt. If you use hair pins made out of rebar, going from the outside one one tire to the next, then fill the tires with dirt or gravel you will have a good base.

Well, I didn't 'exactly' say that..I said "(Texas Environmental Quality Board allows this use as long as the tires are covered with soil)".

But yeah, sure...that's what I'm gonna do, just as soon as find a place on this low lying piece of property (that's already one big hole), to dig a deeper hole and get some dirt.

Maybe I’d cable them and pin them down in that case. Could take pressure off your anchors.
0 x
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. ~Albert Einstein
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day. ~Harry S. Truman

Return to “Tips 'n Tricks”