Border Wall Prototypes

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
slick4591
GURU
GURU

Border Wall Prototypes

Postby slick4591 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:40 am

0 x
"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Re: Border Wall Prototypes

Postby Bestoutwest » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:58 pm

Mark my words: The border wall will be a bigger failure than Vietnam and the war on drugs. This will make Trump the most reviled president we've ever had. If you can't keep prisoners in a prison (minus Florence, CO), this fence won't work. Desperate people will find a way. I'd love to see the flow of people coming in staunched, but this will not be that cure.
0 x
How many a man has dated a new era in his life from the reading of a book. ~Henry David Thoreau

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:06 pm

Bestoutwest wrote:Mark my words: The border wall will be a bigger failure than Vietnam and the war on drugs. This will make Trump the most reviled president we've ever had. If you can't keep prisoners in a prison (minus Florence, CO), this fence won't work. Desperate people will find a way. I'd love to see the flow of people coming in staunched, but this will not be that cure.

I wish you wouldn't bring the political side of it to this post. This post was only meant for your viewing pleasure.
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:42 pm

The 8 prototypes look about the same except the one that is louvered on the bottom half.

It would be nice if the wall is constructed with a surface that is suitable for graffiti. Then, in 5 years we could judge whether Mexicans or Americans are more artistic.
0 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:24 pm

Treat illegal immigrants like we treat suspected terrorists in other countries and illegal immigration would stop after the first drone strike.
1 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Postby Son of Butch » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:34 pm

I prefer digging a moat to building a wall.
Do it right and could serve a useful waterway purpose too for both nations... like a 2nd Panama canal.
0 x

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:52 pm

Bestoutwest wrote:Mark my words: The border wall will be a bigger failure than Vietnam and the war on drugs. This will make Trump the most reviled president we've ever had. If you can't keep prisoners in a prison (minus Florence, CO), this fence won't work. Desperate people will find a way. I'd love to see the flow of people coming in staunched, but this will not be that cure.

You gotta wall around your family.
How bout a fence around your yard. How bout your pasture?
0 x
The more I work the luckier I get...TexasBred

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:03 pm

Son of Butch wrote:I prefer digging a moat to building a wall.
Do it right and could serve a useful waterway purpose too for both nations... like a 2nd Panama canal.

Their pretty good swimmers you know... :cowboy:
0 x
Santa Claus, the ultimate Yankee....

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:31 pm

slick4591 wrote:

I wish you wouldn't bring the political side of it to this post. This post was only meant for your viewing pleasure.

When tax dollars get spent on it, it becomes political.

callmefence wrote:You gotta wall around your family.
How bout a fence around your yard. How bout your pasture?

Having walls on a house and pasture fence is a bit different. This wall will never work. You bury it 20 feet deep, they'll burrow 21 feet. You make it 20 feet tall, they'll get a 24 foot fence. It's a political gesture based on pandering to the base. Honestly, I think there are better ways to spend that money, and bigger issues to fix. I'm not saying abandon border security, but this is not a good fix.
0 x
How many a man has dated a new era in his life from the reading of a book. ~Henry David Thoreau

wbvs58
GURU
GURU

Postby wbvs58 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:05 pm

That won't work just look at the gaps they have between the tall sections.

Ken
3 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:06 pm

Son of Butch wrote:I prefer digging a moat to building a wall.

Already have the Rio Grande for a large part of the way. Quiet a lot of commerce moves up, down and across it.....mostly dope.
0 x
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:16 pm

Bestoutwest wrote:When tax dollars get spent on it, it becomes political.

Yeah, you're right. Bullets are a lot less expensive.
1 x

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Bigfoot » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:22 pm

Not being overly critical, but what would stop them from scabbing together a ladder, and climbing on over?
0 x
A tumble bug makes a hard livin. Why? Cause that's just the way be nice is.

Kingfisher
GURU
GURU

Postby Kingfisher » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:29 pm

I think your wrong. I like you and usually reaped your posts but I think your wrong if you don't think we can wall off Mexico.
1 x
Green grass cures alot of ills.
The dream is free. The hustle is sold separate.

Cross-7
GURU
GURU

Postby Cross-7 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:46 pm

Bigfoot wrote:Not being overly critical, but what would stop them from scabbing together a ladder, and climbing on over?

My thought exactly. If I'm a poor Mexican and the only thing separating me from hunger and poverty is a fence.
I'll pole vault if I have to.

Only thing that's going stop the dope and human trafficking is technology and man power to police it
0 x

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”