The World's A Changing

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

The World's A Changing

Postby Bestoutwest » Fri May 19, 2017 5:49 pm

This weekend two eras come to an end.

Today the last Confederate statue in New Orleans came down, it was of Robert E. Lee. While I don't agree with the South's decision to secede, the man was willing to die for his beliefs and was a great general. For that I respect him.
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/ ... bert-e-lee

The other is The Ringling Brothers Circus will close the curtain for the final time this weekend. It's too bad b/c it's such a cool experience.
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/rin ... th-n761671
How many a man has dated a new era in his life from the reading of a book. ~Henry David Thoreau

HDRider
GURU
GURU

Re: The World's A Changing

Postby HDRider » Fri May 19, 2017 5:51 pm

We know what came, but do not know what comes.
bball wrote: "The juice wasn't worth the squeeze."
Dun said, "You gotta be flexible. Do whatever you have to do for the best results within your limitations."

Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Postby Son of Butch » Fri May 19, 2017 6:49 pm

Circuses are yesterdays newspapers.
Lee was overrated. He// he lost at Gettysburg to the side that had Custer fighting as a Brigadier General.
Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson was every bit as good and perhaps better had he not been killed by friendly fire.
The south was undefeated at the time of Jackson's death.
Nathan Bedford Forrest perhaps had the most natural instincts and under different circumstances the best of them all.

Workinonit Farm
GURU
GURU

Postby Workinonit Farm » Fri May 19, 2017 7:45 pm

Bestoutwest wrote:This weekend two eras come to an end.

Today the last Confederate statue in New Orleans came down, it was of Robert E. Lee. While I don't agree with the South's decision to secede, the man was willing to die for his beliefs and was a great general. For that I respect him.

The other is The Ringling Brothers Circus will close the curtain for the final time this weekend. It's too bad b/c it's such a cool experience.

Robert E Lee, been to his homeplace, Stratford Hall Plantation. Really neat place, great tour, lots of history, near Colonial Beach Va.

Getting rid of these statues does not change the history. If "we" continue to erase all these things, "we" are destined to repeat the past.

The Ringling Bros. Circus, fortunate enough to see their show, at least twice in my lifetime. Great circus! Loved it.

The times they are changing. :|
Live each day as if it were your last.

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Fri May 19, 2017 7:59 pm

Yes this country is changing.
Your head should be used for more than a hat rack.

wacocowboy
GURU
GURU

Postby wacocowboy » Fri May 19, 2017 9:25 pm

I heard they want to clean off the side of of Stone Mountain. History happened you can't erase it by taking down statues and not talking about it. This country is headed in a bad direction.

I loved the circus when I was a kid. Stupid animal lovers basically forced them to give up the elephants and down came the big top.

It really is sad seeing these changes
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Fri May 19, 2017 10:26 pm

Son of Butch wrote:Circuses are yesterdays newspapers.
Lee was overrated. He// he lost at Gettysburg to the side that had Custer fighting as a Brigadier General.
Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson was every bit as good and perhaps better had he not been killed by friendly fire.
The south was undefeated at the time of Jackson's death.
Nathan Bedford Forrest perhaps had the most natural instincts and under different circumstances the best of them all.

All true as far as generals went still doesn't change history or the trying to erase it by idiots.
I am the NRA

Commercialfarmer
GURU
GURU

Postby Commercialfarmer » Sat May 20, 2017 4:09 am

X

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Sat May 20, 2017 4:31 am

Maybe we should dig up all the soldiers in Arlington and return the land to the Lee family. The land was illegal confiscated ruled so by the Supreme Court. Maybe we should tear down the thiefs statue at the Lincoln memorial.
What a joke on history the sainthood of the president that wanted to deport the African to Central America.
I am the NRA

HDRider
GURU
GURU

Postby HDRider » Sat May 20, 2017 7:00 am

CB we only want to remember history that confirms THE agenda.
bball wrote: "The juice wasn't worth the squeeze."
Dun said, "You gotta be flexible. Do whatever you have to do for the best results within your limitations."

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Sat May 20, 2017 9:14 am

Workinonit Farm wrote:
Bestoutwest wrote:This weekend two eras come to an end.

Robert E Lee, been to his homeplace, Stratford Hall Plantation. Really neat place, great tour, lots of history, near Colonial Beach Va.

Getting rid of these statues does not change the history. If "we" continue to erase all these things, "we" are destined to repeat the past.

The Ringling Bros. Circus, fortunate enough to see their show, at least twice in my lifetime. Great circus! Loved it.

The times they are changing. :|

This is what museums are for. Those that really want to see these things can visit and spend as much time as they wish looking at it and remembering.
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Sat May 20, 2017 9:26 am

Caustic Burno wrote:Maybe we should dig up all the soldiers in Arlington and return the land to the Lee family. The land was illegal confiscated ruled so by the Supreme Court. Maybe we should tear down the thiefs statue at the Lincoln memorial.
What a joke on history the sainthood of the president that wanted to deport the African to Central America.

Reckon he figured since it worked in Liberia it would work in Central America. All voluntary of course.
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Sat May 20, 2017 11:35 am

Caustic Burno wrote:What a joke on history the sainthood of the president that wanted to deport the African to Central America.

I've read two speeches by him where he was pro slavery and anti-aircraft. He just pandered to the specific crowd.
How many a man has dated a new era in his life from the reading of a book. ~Henry David Thoreau

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Sat May 20, 2017 11:49 am

Bestoutwest wrote:
Caustic Burno wrote:What a joke on history the sainthood of the president that wanted to deport the African to Central America.

I've read two speeches by him where he was pro slavery and anti-aircraft. He just pandered to the specific crowd.

The true irony is if the democrats had not self destructed in a power struggle he would have never seen the White House. They fractured into three groups running a norther, southern and western candidate against him.

Secondly I don't think he gave any anti air craft speechs that auto correct is a pain sometimes.
I am the NRA

ddd75
Rancher
Rancher

Postby ddd75 » Sat May 20, 2017 11:55 am

i hope these people know slavery is alive and thriving, especially in africa, where its never stopped.

all races have been enslaved at some point in time.

boo hoo, look at me, i'm special, give me a lollipop and a hug.

Return to “Coffee Shop”