Is this a Deal?

Discuss your favorite brand and how to fix it.
artesianspringsfarm
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Is this a Deal?

Postby artesianspringsfarm » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:11 pm

Seems like a great price for the hours but I'm not familiar with the model. Thoughts?

https://syracuse.craigslist.org/hvo/6047296243.html
0 x

shaz
GURU
GURU

Re: Is this a Deal?

Postby shaz » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:36 pm

Paid 20k for a JD about that size and hours.
0 x
Grab the bull by the horns.....then what are you supposed to do?

Black and Good
GURU
GURU

Postby Black and Good » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:56 pm

I'm pretty sure it's from over seas as I don't believe those boom swivels are legal here. Everyone one I've ever seen that has that has been from over seas. But, Hitachi builds a great machine. Hitachi makes all excavators for JD mini to big. B&G
0 x
WARNING! These Cattle get in your blood. Hope you have credit or a thick checkbook! LOL

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:03 pm

I'm pretty sure it's from over seas as I don't believe those boom swivels are legal here.

Something like this would be un-nerving as blazes to me. Bad enough working with a backhoe, but swivel and tilt too with no stabilizers??

https://www.coppard.co.uk/imagesshadow/ ... 3-7962.jpg
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

drivesprocket
Beginner
Beginner

Postby drivesprocket » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:16 am

If it checks out mechanically, it's a deal. Don't be afraid of the "swivels". That option allows the boom to be offset. For example, it can be offset so that you can travel close to a structure, and dig right next to it also.
0 x

SteppedInIt
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby SteppedInIt » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:40 pm

drivesprocket wrote:If it checks out mechanically, it's a deal. Don't be afraid of the "swivels". That option allows the boom to be offset. For example, it can be offset so that you can travel close to a structure, and dig right next to it also.

+1 the only thing I would worry about is making sure there is a dealer close by for parts
0 x
"When the People fear their government there is tyranny, when government fears the people there is liberty" - Thomas Jefferson

SteppedInIt
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby SteppedInIt » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:46 pm

drivesprocket wrote:If it checks out mechanically, it's a deal. Don't be afraid of the "swivels". That option allows the boom to be offset. For example, it can be offset so that you can travel close to a structure, and dig right next to it also.

+1 the only thing I would worry about is making sure there is a dealer close by for parts
0 x
"When the People fear their government there is tyranny, when government fears the people there is liberty" - Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Trucks, Tractors and Machinery”