What's something you've done, 99% of us haven't?

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
Fire Sweep Ranch
GURU
GURU

Re: What's something you've done, 99% of us haven't?

Postby Fire Sweep Ranch » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:21 pm

gizmom wrote:Tried to ride a bull......broke my wrist...0nly 1% of us are foolish enough to try!

Gizmom

lol, I did this! But I was in highschool, and on the rodeo team. The bulls seemed big at the time, but they were young bulls, so not too big.... still was CRAZY! And, I (shhhhh) chewed tobacco! YUCK! Not common for the female species.... :lol: Thank gosh I never broke a bone...
0 x
God, family, and Simmental cattle; that's what makes life worth living!

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Bigfoot » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:22 pm

Bought an old used truck one time. Drove it for a year and half, before I realized the previous owner hid about a half a pound of weed under the seat and forgot about it. Still thankful I never got pulled over or wrecked that thing. I'd have never explained that away.
0 x
A tumble bug makes a hard livin. Why? Cause that's just the way be nice is.

jedstivers
GURU
GURU

Postby jedstivers » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:25 pm

kenny thomas wrote:
TCRanch wrote:I golfed with Harmon Killebrew in a celebrity golf tournament hosted by Alice Cooper. I was horrible.

I do have the freakish ability to wrap my right leg behind my neck (my hips are double jointed).

As I told someone earlier, we gotta have pictures. :lol2:

Or it didn't happen.
0 x

js1234
Rancher
Rancher

Postby js1234 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:48 pm

Been on Air Force One.
0 x

kenny thomas
GURU
GURU

Postby kenny thomas » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:52 pm

js1234 wrote:Been on Air Force One.

That's a good one.
0 x
My thoughts only, don't bet the farm on them. KT

Some people know people, who know people, who aren't very nice people and you could get a visit from them someday. So be good people.

js1234
Rancher
Rancher

Postby js1234 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:13 pm

kenny thomas wrote:

That's a good one.

I guess I should ease some minds, it was back during W.
0 x

kenny thomas
GURU
GURU

Postby kenny thomas » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:16 pm

js1234 wrote:
kenny thomas wrote:

That's a good one.

Never gave it any thought except how high of security clearance u must have had.
0 x
My thoughts only, don't bet the farm on them. KT

Some people know people, who know people, who aren't very nice people and you could get a visit from them someday. So be good people.

js1234
Rancher
Rancher

Postby js1234 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:27 pm

kenny thomas wrote:
js1234 wrote:
kenny thomas wrote:That's a good one.

Never gave it any thought except how high of security clearance u must have had.

It was about what you'd expect. They had to have all our info a while in advance. Had to bring lots of ID and get there (flew out of Waco, where they landed often back then) ahead of time. Since we were there so early, after all the security was done, we were given a tour of the plane by some of the crew, including the new pilot, pretty amazing. The ball cap they gave me and the menu card, inflight movie card a picture of us on the plane etc., are all on a shelf in my office.
0 x

sim.-ang.king
GURU
GURU

Postby sim.-ang.king » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:11 am

So many stories, so few pictures...
0 x
I'm Conservative so you can be Liberal.

plumber_greg
GURU
GURU

Postby plumber_greg » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:56 am

#1 Had my third child at home, tied the cord with 17 lb. fishing cord, never went to hospital
#2 Buried in a 10' deep trench, 2' wide, with 6' of dirt on top of me. Backhoe man dug me out. No injuries.
#3 Went around a curve, over a dike, and a coal train traveling 55 mph cut my truck into 3 pieces, spent 4 weeks in hospital
#4 Got to tell KU Med mental staff, that I just put my own socks on, knew I would be able to someday, so go to hill, shrinks.
#5 Hit by lightning, ran around house saying my hair was on fire. It wasn't.
0 x
Just call me plumberscrack

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:06 am

Rode with Bobby Bowden ongolf cart while playing golf with him.
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

Clodhopper
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Clodhopper » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:11 am

Fought in a cage.

Stole a 20' cedar with my brothers off a state highway for my Uncle's last Christmas. Try dragging that sucker with a lead rope up a steep grade.

Been tapped out by a Royce Gracie black belt.
0 x

MoCrackerCowboy
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby MoCrackerCowboy » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:27 am

talltimber wrote:
Dave wrote:I ran a trap line in Alaska one winter where I was 30-40 miles from the nearest human. I have fell some real big old growth trees. The biggest Douglas fir was 10 foot 8 inches in diameter inside the bark and probably had a foot of bark. The biggest cedar was 13 foot 5 inches in diameter. The biggest Sitka Spruce was over 8 foot. The tallest measured 264 feet to a 6 inch top. Rode a bunch of bareback broncs. Traveled at times with a couple of guys who were world champions. Tall timber you mentioned qualifying for the IFR. Was Dan Dailey still going then? He use to sleep on bedroom floor. Him and I shared more than a few bottles of whiskey.

He was wrapping up when I first started going to several IPRA's in the mid 90's. He was The Man in saddle bronc. But if a guy's partner in team roping was a no-show, then he would be one of the first one's a guy would need to try to get to fill in for him. He was a cowboy. Doggin, roped calves, team roper, Dan could do it all. Nice guy too, I thought, although I only spoke to him a couple of times.

Tall Timber do you know a dogger named Bubba Rhea he qualified for IFR a few times in the 90's and early 2000's
I would say we know several of the same people
0 x
I love high heels .......

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:41 am

Clodhopper wrote:Fought in a cage.

Me too...sorta. A make shift ring in a Lafayette La bar against a muzzled, drunk, taped paws black bear. That sucker whupped me down to a frazzle as a bunch of cajuns hoorawed me for getting such a beatdown, but a dozen more tried him too. The bear left there undefeated. Every time he fought, someone would give him a long neck and he could drink one down faster than any human ever could. That sucker stunk of bear pee and stale beer.

I too was hit by lightning when I was 15 or 16. Unhurt, but I ain't forgot it. It really really hurt.

Survived 2 USMC helicopter crashes, shot at many many times, burned from boot tops to both knees by JP-5. (don't believe it when someone says nomex is fire proof--it ain't)
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

TCRanch
GURU
GURU

Postby TCRanch » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:48 am

kenny thomas wrote:
TCRanch wrote:I golfed with Harmon Killebrew in a celebrity golf tournament hosted by Alice Cooper. I was horrible.

I do have the freakish ability to wrap my right leg behind my neck (my hips are double jointed).

As I told someone earlier, we gotta have pictures. :lol2:

Dignity is overrated but no way!
0 x

Return to “Coffee Shop”