Post by Bright Raven » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:35 pm

October 17, 2019

Conversation with Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health
Duluth, GA
1-800-325-9167

I inquired as to the Efficacy of two of their livestock vaccines:

Pyramid 5 + Presponse SQ
Express FP

I stated that their website advertises that the above 2 vaccines protects against BVDV Type 1b. I ask if I can confirm rumors that, in fact, those vaccines are not effective against BVDV Type 1b.

The person whom I spoke to said that there is no validity to that rumor. The customer service technician confirmed that both vaccines are listed as effective in protecting against BVDV Type 1b and their research continues to show they are effective.

I ask if they were aware that a veterinarian representing himself as a BI employee is going around and making presentations in which they are alleging that those two vaccines are ineffective. The customer service technician doubted that claim.

The technician went on to direct me to the patented organic compound in the two vaccines that make then effective against BVDV Type 1b. The compound is SINGER 1A CYTOPATHIC. The technician provided this reference, it is long, 43 pages:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC227002/

"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

Jeanne - Simme Valley
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Hardjo bovis. - HB

Post by Jeanne - Simme Valley » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:14 am

BVD-PI testing is required in NY for any shows/sales. I test all my females and bulls. I don't bother testing the steers because I have tested for soooo many years and vaccinate heavily, that vet does not think it is even close to being necessary. I do all females and bulls because it is a lifetime test, so they are free to show/sell and if someone buys one, they don't have to test them.
Simme Valley of New York - http://www.SimmeValley.com
"We make a living by what we get,
we make a life by what we give."

Silver
GURU
GURU

Re: Hardjo bovis. - HB

Post by Silver » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:42 pm

I'd like to claim that I give my calves Pyramid FP 5 + Presponse because I know it protects against 1b, but in all honesty it's because it's what my vet told me to do. :dunce: