So Angry

Cattle problems.
Little Cow
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

So Angry

Post by Little Cow » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:53 pm

It just takes one big corporate scumbag not training and supervising workers to make us all look like scumbags.

If you haven't seen it, you should check out the Fair Oaks Farm undercover video. I don't care what the source is, that is powerful ammunition that could destroy good people treating their animals properly. If you have a big place and hired hands, walk around when they least expect it. Fire their butts fast as you can for any sadistic cr*p. I'm so sick of these big corporations getting busted because they don't simply walk their lots and see what the hired hands are up to. If I ever saw that back at the dairy I worked on, I would've slammed somebody's face into the mud. Those are the same *#@! that beat their wives and kids.

Is working cattle considered playing with your food?

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Re: So Angry

Post by TennesseeTuxedo » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:32 pm

This was discussed the other day.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=119759
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

HDRider
GURU
GURU

Post by HDRider » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:42 pm

I never did pay much attention to this.

Was it true?

I don't believe much that passes for news these days.
bball wrote: "The juice wasn't worth the squeeze."
Dun said, "You gotta be flexible. Do whatever you have to do for the best results within your limitations."

Little Cow
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Post by Little Cow » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:42 pm

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:32 pm
This was discussed the other day.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=119759
Thanks.

slick4591
Mentor
Mentor

Post by slick4591 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:27 pm

If ARM was was so intent on doing the right thing, why didn't they notify authorities at the first hint of abuse? If you will notice ARM is just like PETA and those other groups where they operate thru donations. Those videos they compile is their advertising and their source to help rake in the dollars just like those poor pitiful puppy vids. Stopping abuse immediately hinders their money source and doesn't rake in the dollars. Too bad some people get sucked into their vacuum.
I wish my brain could forget what my eyes have seen.

"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

Red Bull Breeder
GURU
GURU

Post by Red Bull Breeder » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:33 pm

The ARM people were committing the abuse. Long time employees caught them doing it.

Little Cow
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Post by Little Cow » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:40 pm

slick4591 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:27 pm
If ARM was was so intent on doing the right thing, why didn't they notify authorities at the first hint of abuse? If you will notice ARM is just like PETA and those other groups where they operate thru donations. Those videos they compile is their advertising and their source to help rake in the dollars just like those poor pitiful puppy vids. Stopping abuse immediately hinders their money source and doesn't rake in the dollars. Too bad some people get sucked into their vacuum.
I guess they act like cops undercover. It takes a lot of abuse to build a case. KNowing that, they would have had to get a lot of footage of abuse. It's notoriously hard to convict anyone for animal abuse. Most states do not have felony animal abuse; only misdemeanor. If what you guys are saying is true, and not just a conspiracy (there seems to be far too many of those these days) the case will be thrown out and/or ARM members will be convicted of abuse. That is why I seriously doubt that it was an ARM set up. It would look very bad if their own plants were convicted of abuse.

Hook2.0
Rancher
Rancher

Post by Hook2.0 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:01 pm

Wow...im amazed that people get sucked into this scheme. Even some that claim to be knowledgable and cattlemen/women
Just goes to show how good the propaganda works
Proud to be a multiplier

Red Bull Breeder
GURU
GURU

Post by Red Bull Breeder » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:57 pm

Little Cow wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:40 pm
slick4591 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:27 pm
I guess they act like cops undercover. It takes a lot of abuse to build a case. KNowing that, they would have had to get a lot of footage of abuse. It's notoriously hard to convict anyone for animal abuse. Most states do not have felony animal abuse; only misdemeanor. If what you guys are saying is true, and not just a conspiracy (there seems to be far too many of those these days) the case will be thrown out and/or ARM members will be convicted of abuse. That is why I seriously doubt that it was an ARM set up. It would look very bad if their own plants were convicted of abuse.
They had to manafacture the abuse. They spent two years trying find abuse, when they couldn't they did it theirselves.

Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Post by Son of Butch » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:27 pm

Animal abuse does occur, but a closer look usually reveals mental illness to some degree as the
root cause.

Redgully
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Post by Redgully » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:00 pm

Famous case here a while back they were paying people for footage of suffering animals so on the export ships some guy turned of the ventilation and then filmed the sheep heat stressed. I've seen activists first hand, they are some twisted people, half their rallies are "hire a crowd" people. They are starting to turn a lot of people off their "cause"

Little Cow
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Post by Little Cow » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:05 am

Hey guys, the point is that we really have to be clean and stay clean. You can't run around playing victim. There were things going on that should have been caught but weren't. That's sloppy and you can't be sloppy. Animal abuse doesn't just cause sensational videos; it costs money. Dr. Grandin does a great job proving that.

Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Post by Son of Butch » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:14 am

I know you mean well and I agree, but I think you're preaching to the choir.
(Which isn't all bad, the choir needs to hear it too.)

cbcr
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Post by cbcr » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:45 am

Breaking News: Charges filed in Fair Oaks Farms animal cruelty case

http://www.thebullvine.com/news/breakin ... lty-case/#

Little Cow
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Post by Little Cow » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:02 am

Son of Butch wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:14 am
I know you mean well and I agree, but I think you're preaching to the choir.
(Which isn't all bad, the choir needs to hear it too.)
I sure didn't mean to do that. I know there are very conscientious people here who care about doing things right. I just get frustrated when big farms are sloppy. It reflects on everybody. I understand about trying to be a united front, so to speak, but we have to be tougher on ourselves than outsiders.