Cattlemen being duped again

Cattle problems.
sim.-ang.king
GURU
GURU

Re: Cattlemen being duped again

Postby sim.-ang.king » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:28 pm

Beaver butts? You mean castor? You probably have eaten it in your all natural vanilla ice cream.
0 x
Red Bull Breeder wrote:So Queenie works ok now?

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:42 pm

ga.prime wrote:When I hear people are taking alfalfa supplements, I laugh a lot.

I take them too.. in the form of steak.
0 x
The only possible end result of treating all animals like people is that all people will be treated like animals

Supa Dexta
GURU
GURU

Postby Supa Dexta » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:56 am

sim.-ang.king wrote:Beaver butts? You mean castor? You probably have eaten it in your all natural vanilla ice cream.

Highly unlikely anyone is eating it.

'total annual national consumption of castoreum, castoreum extract, and castoreum liquid combined is only about 292 pounds, which works out to an average of less than a millionth of a pound per person in the U.S. Compare that figure with the approximately 20 million pounds of vanilla naturally harvested from real vanilla beans every year. Depending upon as scarce a substance as castoreum to flavor the ice cream and candy found on store shelves would create nationwide shortages of those items and drive up their prices beyond the reach of all but the wealthiest consumers.'
0 x

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:44 am

It ain't cheap either. I have 2 ounce container of it for my beaver trapping that I think cost about $12.

In other news, I crossed the Sulphur River last night about dark near Texarkana. Rolled the window down to let some air circulate but didn't notice an improved vim and vitality, a renewed pep in my step or pride in my stride and my truck didn't show an improved MPG either. I was sorely disappointed...
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

sim.-ang.king
GURU
GURU

Postby sim.-ang.king » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:43 pm

Supa Dexta wrote:
sim.-ang.king wrote:Beaver butts? You mean castor? You probably have eaten it in your all natural vanilla ice cream.

Highly unlikely anyone is eating it.

'total annual national consumption of castoreum, castoreum extract, and castoreum liquid combined is only about 292 pounds, which works out to an average of less than a millionth of a pound per person in the U.S. Compare that figure with the approximately 20 million pounds of vanilla naturally harvested from real vanilla beans every year. Depending upon as scarce a substance as castoreum to flavor the ice cream and candy found on store shelves would create nationwide shortages of those items and drive up their prices beyond the reach of all but the wealthiest consumers.'

It doesn't take a lot of it replace vanilla. Your millionth of pound would still be enough to smell it. :lol:
0 x
Red Bull Breeder wrote:So Queenie works ok now?

Highpoint
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Highpoint » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:49 pm

You missed the point. I am not vegan and I believe their diet is not healthy. It was the fact when people find a company has hidden the fact their fruit is not fruit and grass fed is really not grass pasture fed it will not make the consumer happy.
0 x

Return to “Health & Nutrition”