Daily Inspiration!

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Re: Daily Inspiration!

Postby TN Cattle Man » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:58 am

Here is a good one to end your week. We have to hold on tight to the hope that we have in Jesus Christ. He is our ONLY TRUE hope. The best news is that He keeps His promises and He is faithful. He has demonstrated that SO many times in my life. Thank you Lord!

Hebrews 10:23
Let us hold unswerving to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.
0 x
As for me and my house... We will Serve the Lord!

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Bigfoot » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:31 pm

Went to a little meeting just a few days ago. A survey of western Ky was discussed. Not sure how much faith one can place on the accuracy of a survey, but here was the results:

In western Ky:
About 92% surveyed said they were a Christian
About 80% said they go to church
The reality, about 15% of the population of West Ky are in a church pew on any given Sunday
Of everybody in regular attendance, about 15% feel comfortable talking to another person about salvation.

I don't want to start the whole "I'm never as close to God as when I'm fishing" debate, but I think the statistics (if reliable) are alarming. If true, I would think the rest of the country would be close as well.

In death, the rich man cried out for Abraham to send Lazarus to warn his brothers. Abraham's reply was basically we don't work like that. Scary as it is to think about, the path to destruction is very broad, and many will find it.

I went and got some used parts from a gentleman a don't really know today. I was in a hurry, and was all business. He wanted to show me some of the things he collects. I could see he was excited about showing me, and it seemed pretty rude to say no. Ended up, probably the most impressive collection of horse drawn equipment I've ever seen. All under roof to. I took a few minutes to walk through it, and he had a few pieces that he wanted to show me in particular. One was what he called a hill plow, and I had never seen or heard of one before. Next thing I know, he's sharing the message with me, a complete stranger. I instantly thought about what Abraham told the rich man. I can't say I haven't been warned. I also wondered how many people had stood among the plows and scratchers and heard the word over the years. Quit a few I'd imagine.
2 x
A tumble bug makes a hard livin. Why? Cause that's just the way be nice is.

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:09 am

Great post Troy... kind of goes with what I wanted to post today...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gsbu1uJiZm4

The Oak Ridge Boys singing one of the all-time classics... Enjoy!!
0 x

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:33 am

There are so many hurting people in the world today. We need to support, encourage and love each other through the suffering and the hard times. But, Romans 8:18 holds some really good news...no matter the depth of suffering, nothing compares to the glory of God that He will reveal to us later. NOTHING! That is something to look forward to and in which to be completely confident about concerning your future. God is really going to show out when He reveals His glory...don't miss it for the world!

Romans 8:18
Yet what we suffer now is nothing compared to the glory He will reveal to us later.
0 x

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:10 pm

There is another post that was started today entitled "How Long"... I didn't want to post this there, so I thought I would just put it here in our safe space....

2 Timothy 3:1-5
Perilous Times and Perilous Men

But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away!
0 x

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:06 am

In order to do what the Lord wants us to do, we must first listen, then follow with the confidence walking with Him gives us.

Philippians 4:9
"Do what you learned & received from me, what I told you, and what you saw me do. And the God who gives peace will be with you."
0 x

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:45 am

This verse is SO important. It does matter how a Christian lives...not from a legalistic perspective, but because if you are in love with Jesus Christ you will want to live in such a way that people are attracted to Him in you. Living for Christ is different than how the rest of the world lives. The Bible says that we should be salt and light which means that we should be different than the world. These days are truly evil. We should be taking every opportunity to make a difference for Jesus. Be wise, live wise. Live full of His Holy Spirit!

Ephesians 5:15-16
So be careful how you live. Don’t live like fools, but like those who are wise. Make the most of every opportunity in these evil days.
1 x

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:38 am

From Max Lucado's devotional book in reference to using the gifts that God has given us and not comparing ourselves to others. So true!

"Stay in your own lane. Run your own race. Nothing good happens when you compare and compete. God does not judge you according to the talents of others. He judges you according to yours. His yardstick for measuring faithfulness is how faithful you are with your own gifts. You are not responsible for the nature of your gift. But you are responsible for how you use it."
1 x

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:16 pm

Freedom does not mean that we should choose to do whatever WE want. God gives us free will with the hopes of a loving parent... The hope and prayer that we, His/our child make good choices to love, live, & serve in the ways they have been gifted.

Galatians 5:13
"God called you to be free but do not use your freedom as an excuse to do what pleases your sinful self. Serve each other with love."
1 x

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:30 am

The world is full of doubters and naysayers. People will tell you that you can't, that you won't, that you shouldn't. But if God has put a passion in your heart about something or has directed you to do something...DO IT! Don't wait. Don't let people plant seeds of doubt. When the attempts to throw you off the course/path that God has established come, remember where your comfort, hope and cheer actually comes from...from God and God alone. He is always, always on your side. Are you on His?

Psalms 94:19
When doubts filled my mind, Your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer.
0 x

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:30 pm

With everything going on with regards to the hurricanes and flooding, I am reminded that We are so blessed to be able to help and care for others. God gives us abilities according to His plan, we simply must open our eyes to see the needs and our hearts to help.

Acts 20:35

"I showed you in all things that you should work as I did & help the weak. I taught you to remember the words Jesus said: 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.'"
2 x

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:52 am

Stop for a moment today and remember, be thankful for each person who steps up and into harms way to protect those in need. We will never forget.

Colossians 2:7
"Keep your roots deep in Him and have your lives built in Him. Be strong in the faith just as you were taught, and always be thankful."
0 x

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:30 am

Philippians 1:9-10

"And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more & more in knowledge & depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best & may be pure & blameless for the day of Christ. "
3 x

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:43 pm

We need to make sure our priorities are straight. Trusting in Jesus, not things, will give us everything we need. He knows our needs better than we do anyway. TRUST HIM.

1 Timothy 6:17
"Command those who are rich with things of this world not to be proud. Tell them to hope in God, not in their uncertain riches. God richly gives us everything we need."
0 x

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:20 am

Our Heavenly Father does AMAZING things. We must always keep our eyes open for these precious gifts and then share the Good News with everyone. Share through words and/or actions but SHARE HIS LOVE.

Acts 4:20
"We cannot keep quiet. We must speak out about what we have seen and heard."
2 x

Return to “Coffee Shop”