Daily Inspiration!

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Daily Inspiration!

Postby Bigfoot » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:21 pm

TN Cattle Man wrote:Have always liked Red Steagall... Do you ever watch his show "West of Wallstreet" on RFDTV?

I hadn't seen that.
0 x
A tumble bug makes a hard livin. Why? Cause that's just the way be nice is.

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:28 am

Random Christmas Thought #1- What if we loved each other all throughout the year like we love each other during the Christmas season? It is easier to love during the holidays...people are happier, usually nicer, etc. It is easy to love when people are like that. But, what if we loved all year long like Jesus tells us to love...love as He has loved you. Would your life be different? Would your home be different? Would your workplace be different? Would this world be different? Clearly it would all be different because Jesus' loves us like we can't even imagine. If we just loved others half as much it would make a difference. Notice that he doesn't say "just do it half way". He wants us to be all in. Christmas is "practice" season...it is what we do past December 25 that will really matter.

John 15:12
This is My command: Love one another as I have loved you.
0 x
As for me and my house... We will Serve the Lord!

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:39 am

Random Christmas Thought #2- Christmas is fun for many reasons...one is certainly opening those brightly wrapped gifts. It is fun to receive and fun to give (more fun to give most times). Most of us will love receiving some treasures in a few days. But, be careful...don't hold on to treasures on earth too tightly. When we hold on so tightly that God has to pry our hands off of things, then things have most likely become more important than Him. These verses from Matthew remind us to store up our treasures in Heaven. That won't be things...that will be people...people with whom we share Christ. That will be relationships built with people...people who we truly invest in. Investing in others has to be intentional...it usually doesn't just happen. It is okay to own and enjoy the gifts you receive, but be careful that you don't let the gifts, the things of life, own you. Where are you storing up your treasures?

Matthew 6:19-21
19 “Don’t collect for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But collect for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves don’t break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
0 x

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:27 am

Random Christmas Thought #3- one of the best things about Christmas is all of the beautiful Christmas lights! Whether just in the neighborhood or professional displays like at the Opry Land Hotel, the lights can be simply breathtaking. Throughout the holidays you hear people talk about "riding around" to look at Christmas lights. We search for the best lights as we ride around peering out the window. Well, here is the good news...Jesus is the real light of Christmas and of the world and you don't have to search for Him. He longs for everyone to accept His light, His love, His gift of salvation. Don't spend your whole life "riding around" looking for the light when He is right there, just waiting for you to recognize and accept Him. The light that Jesus is and offers, is the only thing that can get rid of the darkness in your life and in this world.

John 12:46
I have come as a light into the world, so that everyone who believes in Me would not remain in darkness.
0 x

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:11 pm

“Jesus came and told his disciples, “I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.””

‭‭Matthew‬ ‭28:18-20
0 x

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:35 pm

If we listen, He will lead us. His plan is ever before us - to follow Him, to be His hands & feet, and to help others to know His precious, amazing grace. Lord, lead us where you will.

2 Thessalonians 3:5
"May the Lord lead your hearts into God's love and Christ's patience."
0 x

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:44 am

How many of you can remember when you were little and your mom or dad would hold you by your hand? There was so much comfort and love in that adult hand and we just knew there was no need to be afraid of anything!!
God wants to do the same thing...hold our hand and calm any fears that we might have. He is like our parents times 10,000- he wants to hold our hand, help remove any fear and to help us. But, he won't force us. He will always offer His hand...we just have to take it.

Isaiah 41:13
For I hold you by your right hand–I, the Lord your God. And I say to you, Don’t be afraid. I am here to help you.
0 x

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:06 am

TN Cattle Man wrote:How many of you can remember when you were little and your mom or dad would hold you by your hand? There was so much comfort and love in that adult hand and we just knew there was no need to be afraid of anything!!
God wants to do the same thing...hold our hand and calm any fears that we might have. He is like our parents times 10,000- he wants to hold our hand, help remove any fear and to help us. But, he won't force us. He will always offer His hand...we just have to take it.

Isaiah 41:13
For I hold you by your right hand–I, the Lord your God. And I say to you, Don’t be afraid. I am here to help you.

I like that one.
0 x
Time for a snappy new signature.

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:32 am

We should always strive to be a reflection of God's love for us, sharing our experience of Him with those we come in contact with. In a struggling world, let us help color the picture for those who don't know what a blessing it is to open their hearts and minds to who He truly is.

John 13:35
"All people will know that you are my followers if you love each other."
0 x

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:16 am

We must continue to have faith and trust in the will of our heavenly Father. He has created such an amazing world and performed so many unbelievable miracles how could we not believe that He will continue to love us and will provide everything we need. We must trust His plan. We are His.

Philippians 4:19
"My God will use His wonderful riches in Christ Jesus to give you everything you need."
0 x

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Bigfoot » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:17 am

I'm ashamed of how long it's been, since I posted on this thread:

Colossians 3:2
Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth.

Have you ever thought, "If I just had "that", I'd be happy"?

I distinctly remember the first cow trailer i ever saw. it was a vast improvement on jumping cattle in to the bed of a truck. I remember my grandfather saying, if I was just a little younger, I would have one of those. I now have a 24' aluminum trailer.

I distinctly remember the first horse trailer I ever saw with a dressing room. Eventually, I saw one someone with an airconditioner placed under the neck of theirs. No more sleeping in the cab of the truck for me. I now have 4 horse Living quarter trailer, shower toilet and all.

I bought these things, because I was convinced at the time, that they would bring me joy. As I look back, I cant remember any happier times in my life, than loading cattle with my Papaw.

The book of James plainly tells us that there is no happiness in things of the world. To pursue worldly things is to turn our back on God. He goes on to explain to humble ourselves, and give thanks for the things that God has given us.

We should all be careful, when we count our blessings, and be mindful of the path we pursue.
0 x
A tumble bug makes a hard livin. Why? Cause that's just the way be nice is.

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:23 pm

Bigfoot wrote:I'm ashamed of how long it's been, since I posted on this thread:

I distinctly remember the first cow trailer i ever saw. it was a vast improvement on jumping cattle in to the bed of a truck. I remember my grandfather saying, if I was just a little younger, I would have one of those. I now have a 24' aluminum trailer.

I distinctly remember the first horse trailer I ever saw with a dressing room. Eventually, I saw one someone with an airconditioner placed under the neck of theirs. No more sleeping in the cab of the truck for me. I now have 4 horse Living quarter trailer, shower toilet and all.

I bought these things, because I was convinced at the time, that they would bring me joy. As I look back, I cant remember any happier times in my life, than loading cattle with my Papaw.

The book of James plainly tells us that there is no happiness in things of the world. To pursue worldly things is to turn our back on God. He goes on to explain to humble ourselves, and give thanks for the things that God has given us.

We should all be careful, when we count our blessings, and be mindful of the path we pursue.

Great post Bigfoot.... reading your post reminded me of a question that a Pastor asked his congregation one day. "What if you woke up tomorrow with only what you gave thanks for today"? That's one of those things that make you stop and think a little!!
0 x

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:27 pm

TN Cattle Man wrote:

Great post Bigfoot.... reading your post reminded me of a question that a Pastor asked his congregation one day. "What if you woke up tomorrow with only what you gave thanks for today"? That's one of those things that make you stop and think a little!!

Well shoot Brian, after reading this I'm thinking I better cancel my order for the new alleys and squeeze chute system.

Thanks Bigfoot, you saved me chunk of change.

TT
0 x
Time for a snappy new signature.

Dave
GURU
GURU

Postby Dave » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:34 pm

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
TN Cattle Man wrote:

Well shoot Brian, after reading this I'm thinking I better cancel my order for the new alleys and squeeze chute system.

Thanks Bigfoot, you saved me chunk of change.

TT

Disney claims to be the happiest place on earth. But at 10:00 or 11:00 they kick you out and you have to leave. You might be able to find happiness with things of this world but they won't bring you joy. There is only one true source of joy.
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:29 pm

Amazing Grace in Cherokee. Gracious song in any language. Hope you have an app for youtube. Enjoy.

https://youtu.be/8_qFbNskjCI
0 x

Return to “Coffee Shop”