EPA Using Drones to Spy on Cattle Ranchers in Nebraska and I

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.

JSCATTLE
GURU
GURU

Re: EPA Using Drones to Spy on Cattle Ranchers in Nebraska a

Post by JSCATTLE » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:36 pm

We are doomed ! I give this country 20 years .
God bless America .. 1/20/17 ..

SRBeef
GURU
GURU

Paranoia - give it up

Post by SRBeef » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:44 pm

Another post for the paranoid. Look up your address on google maps and you will probably find video of your house and street. You can go to google earth or any one of a number of sites and find aerial photos showing your car in your driveway or your tractor in a field. Your picture and maybe speed is taken at any number of highway and intersection locations.

The geological survey has been using aerial photo mapping for probably around 75 years. You can go to an NRCS office and find aerial photos of your fields that are very useful. Using drones would probably save the government a lot of money taking land use and mapping aerial photos.

Facebook and google etc are much more likely to intrude on your life than an EPA drone. Someone trying to stir the pot as noted on another website.

Jim

Dave
GURU
GURU

Post by Dave » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:42 am

The question should be how is it illegal for the CIA and the military to spy on citizens but the EPA can?

SRBeef
GURU
GURU

Post by SRBeef » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:16 pm

Dave wrote:The question should be how is it illegal for the CIA and the military to spy on citizens but the EPA can?

Taking landuse photos from an aircraft, whether piloted or not, being in open public view, is not "spying".

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Post by TexasBred » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:20 pm

SRBeef wrote:
Dave wrote:The question should be how is it illegal for the CIA and the military to spy on citizens but the EPA can?

Taking landuse photos from an aircraft, whether piloted or not, being in open public view, is not "spying".

hmm....declare it a "no fly zone" and shoot it down. :mrgreen:
“Tell me what you brag about and I'll tell you what you lack”

Spanish Proverb

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Post by ALACOWMAN » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:31 pm

it will pay you to be paranoid these days'' liberals dont have our best intrest in mind.....
as an adult,it's clear to me now...why Ernest T Bass, threw rocks at people..

Galloway2
Rancher
Rancher

Post by Galloway2 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:40 pm

Drones were used up here in a cattle rustling crimminal tresspass case. They were used to verify that the cattle were on the premisis, as the landowner would not allow authorities on his property.

john250
GURU
GURU

Post by john250 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:44 pm

What is right is not always the law.
The right to photograph YOUR place has pretty well been decided in the governments favor. Chances are, your Assessor has photos of your nose hairs. It would be good if it was decided EPA could not use such evidence in court. Big feedlots already have to have govt. permits and the permits allow "on the ground" inspection at regular intervals. Drones are an inspection outside the regular time frames.
Drain the Swamp!

cow pollinater
GURU
GURU

Post by cow pollinater » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:49 pm

I got to speak with the assessors office at length a few days ago and they had all of my properties on google map as we spoke and they were asking specifics about roadway improvement and "what's that blue thing at the end of all of those boards" which was my chute. All of it had been acurately reported but it's still unnerving and invasive.
At the end of it all he said he'd make the adjustments and I'd get my "new and improved" property tax statement. I said, "you mean new and increased?" I then assured him that I understood that he himself was a man with a job to do and I respected that he was doing it well but that it made him a bloodsucking !@#$%^&*()_ leech just like the rest of his kind. I was nice enough about it that he couldn't argue much.
It's all about increased taxes and penalties. That's the job creation we were promised. They hired more regulaters that have to penalize someone just to justify their job title.

JSCATTLE
GURU
GURU

Post by JSCATTLE » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:31 pm

I built two hay barns 3 years ago . Got a tax bill in the mail for the two barns that was double the taxes on my land . I went in and complained and it did no good . I built both barns for 24 k in material. They charged me what some guy quoted them a price on . So I took one barn down . And I'm seriously thinking about taking down the other .

Runaway Deere
Cowhand
Cowhand

Post by Runaway Deere » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:54 pm

Here in Cali I was on a dairy about 9 years ago and I had heard about the black helicopters but never believed it. Well it was the end of dusk and I was visiting with the owner and low and behold, he starts cussing and giving the double barrel bird fingers to this black helicopter over his pond. owner said they have thermal radar or what ever it's called looking for discharge. I was never a grassy knoll kinda guy until I saw this. You know what they say it all starts in Cali and spreads to 49 states..... Btw I think it's disgusting that this is happening, wherever it is happening

tsmaxx47
Rancher
Rancher

Post by tsmaxx47 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:36 pm

it seems like the same guys that complain about the gov't not being efficient also complain when it is........

JSCATTLE
GURU
GURU

Post by JSCATTLE » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:14 pm

I personally would like the government to go away . I've never seen the government do anything right . Wouldn't hurt my feelings to go back to carrying a piece maker .

cow pollinater
GURU
GURU

Post by cow pollinater » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:34 pm

tsmaxx47 wrote:it seems like the same guys that complain about the gov't not being efficient also complain when it is........

I don't consider them paying someone to call me with pictures of my property, that they obviously researched before they called, and question me about something that I already acurately told them about to be very efficient. I don't consider it very efficient when EVERY D!!! pesticide use report that I send in gets sent back to me for spelling errors or questions about the date that it was aplied because someone got paid to go over each report with a fine tooth comb and noticed that I actually sprayed weeds on Easter Sunday and din't believe it. I don't consider it efficient when someone gets paid to drive an hour out of town to look at my burn pile to make sure that I'm ONLY burning walnut branches and not citrus wood from my adjacent property...
I can go on if you want me to but my idea of efficient is something along the lines of Seal Team Six dumping a body at sea and even that took alot longer than it should have.