Keep it clean... and kind!

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
M Gravlee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Keep it clean... and kind!

Postby M Gravlee » Wed Mar 10, 2004 4:34 pm

Remember this is a Coffee Shop with kids sitting at the table. Please don't tell jokes and use language that are more suitable for a beer joint.

And be kind to your fellow posters. Even though you disagree with their opinion and think they are a total idiot, please disagree in a nice manner.
Last edited by M Gravlee on Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Ellie May
Rancher
Rancher

Re: Keep it clean... and kind!

Postby Ellie May » Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:14 pm

Yeah I think more people should be kinder & care. I gonna try to be nicer. We should all be thankful, and know we are all in it together because we raise cattle and horses (and sometimes other animals)
Ellie May
0 x
How do you catch a loose horse?
Make a noise like a carrot.

Swiss Cowboy
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Swiss Cowboy » Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:29 pm

Them are nice words here and the truth. Some Forums I have visited in the past consisted mainly of folks bashing each other or swear and cuss at each other by the slightest difference of opinion.
An old saying my father raised us on, among many others back in Europe, was. "Treat others the way you wish to be treated. If you can't do that than it is better to shut up." :cboy:
0 x

stocky
GURU
GURU

Postby stocky » Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:57 pm

Another old saying that many times I wish I had payed attention to: It is better to keep my mouth shut and have people believe me ignorant, than to open it and remove all doubt.
0 x

anne
Beginner
Beginner

keep it clean and kind.

Postby anne » Sun Jul 03, 2005 2:14 am

its so much better to be nice to people. It can even make you feel better, I am not saying that you should not have an opinion just state your case and beg to differ.I am yet to read an inscription on a gravestone which reads,''Loved by all because he was always right.''
0 x
australia

frenchie
GURU
GURU

Postby frenchie » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:20 pm

CattleManFromOuterSpace wrote:Yeah ollie should read this post as should jt and muratic and crowder and all the meanies on here.

I hope that is not what I think in your avatar, that is uncalled for :mad:
0 x
'Dream as if you'll live forever, Live as if you'll die today'

Capt Call
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Capt Call » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:24 pm

I totally agree Frenchie as anyone with any cow sense would know Ollie is one of the true Cattlmen on this board.
0 x

la4angus
GURU
GURU

Postby la4angus » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:31 pm

frenchie wrote:
CattleManFromOuterSpace wrote:Yeah ollie should read this post as should jt and muratic and crowder and all the meanies on here.

I hope that is not what I think in your avatar, that is uncalled for :mad:
Yup. He's the TennCowJerk alright.
0 x
Hoff First Edition 058 242

J. T.
GURU
GURU

Postby J. T. » Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:48 pm

Hey Spaceman,
If you're new on here, you don't really know us so how do you come to the conclusion that we're "meanies"? I would like to know what it's like flying to the stars,
past Jupiter, Venus, and Mars? And I wonder if anytime soon, you'll play Neil Armstrong and set foot on the moon? Also, does the moon's Tranquility Sea bear a strong resemblence to Tennessee? And while you're cruising through space and exploring unkown heavens, if you run across him, say "Hello" to TennesseeCattleman57! :D :D :D
0 x

cypressfarms
GURU
GURU

Postby cypressfarms » Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:49 am

stocky wrote:Another old saying that many times I wish I had payed attention to: It is better to keep my mouth shut and have people believe me ignorant, than to open it and remove all doubt.

Samuel Clemens, who's b-day just passed, had a way with words. I don't think Mr. outerspace has read much from him.
0 x

dundidit
Cowhand
Cowhand

Yeah their keepin' it clean alright

Postby dundidit » Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:39 pm

That post of crowders is just wonderfully clean!! Way to go guys!!
0 x

Just Curious
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Just Curious » Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:05 am

M Gravlee wrote:And be kind to your fellow posters. Even though you disagree with their opinion and think they are a total idiot, please disagree in a nice manner.

There once was a little boy who had a bad temper.
His Father gave him a bag of nails and told him that every time he lost his temper, he must hammer a nail into the back of the fence. The first day the boy had driven 37 nails into the fence. Over the next few weeks, as he learned to control his anger, the number of nails hammered daily gradually dwindled down.

He discovered it was easier to hold his temper than to drive those nails into the fence.

Finally the day came when the boy didn't lose his temper at all.

He told his father about it and the father suggested that the boy now pull out one nail for each day that he was able to hold his temper. The days passed and the young boy was finally able to tell his father that all the nails were gone.

The father took his son by the hand and led him to the fence. He said, "You have done well, my son, but look at the holes in the fence. They will need filling in now.

A verbal wound is as bad as a physical one. Friends are very rare jewels, indeed, they make you smile and encourage you to succeed. They lend an ear, they share words of praise and they always want to open their hearts to us.

I guess from time to time we all have had nails driven into our fences, and if we're honest we'd all have to admit we have driven nails into other people's fences as well.
The good news is that as we learn to love and forgive one another, and also learn to receive the forgiveness of others, the holes where the nails have been can be filled in so well that it will be barely noticeable that there was ever a hole there in the first place.

When you know you're in the wrong, eat humble pie and say that magic word, "Sorry!" and do whatever else may be necessary to show you mean it. It does a power of good.

I often think that the test of a good friendship isn't that you never fall out with each other, but how well you are able to make up afterwards and restore the friendship to its former glory. Sometimes a friendship can even grow stronger as a result!
0 x
"We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem!"
- Colonel Chesty Puller, USMC

SAEPE EXPERTUS, SEMPER FIDELIS, FRATRES AETERNI
--Often Tested, Always Faithful, Brothers Forever)--

Rockin' J Longhorns
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Rockin' J Longhorns » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:26 am

Well said, Just Curious :clap:
0 x
Rockin' J Longhorns
Home of Bar B Q (95 1/8" TH 70" T2T) and Trail Dust (99 1/4" TH 69 5/8" T2T)

tytower
Rancher
Rancher

Postby tytower » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:26 pm

Crikey there's some nuts in here all right . I'll have to step real careful like not to offend some poor souls sensibilities .

Where did I park that darn sledgehammer !
0 x
My Property and My Family are not Government issues.
To defeat corruption give public servants three times the penalty.

CKC1586
GURU
GURU

Postby CKC1586 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:39 pm

Just Curious wrote:
M Gravlee wrote:And be kind to your fellow posters. Even though you disagree with their opinion and think they are a total idiot, please disagree in a nice manner.

There once was a little boy who had a bad temper.
His Father gave him a bag of nails and told him that every time he lost his temper, he must hammer a nail into the back of the fence. The first day the boy had driven 37 nails into the fence. Over the next few weeks, as he learned to control his anger, the number of nails hammered daily gradually dwindled down.

He discovered it was easier to hold his temper than to drive those nails into the fence.

Finally the day came when the boy didn't lose his temper at all.

He told his father about it and the father suggested that the boy now pull out one nail for each day that he was able to hold his temper. The days passed and the young boy was finally able to tell his father that all the nails were gone.

The father took his son by the hand and led him to the fence. He said, "You have done well, my son, but look at the holes in the fence. They will need filling in now.

A verbal wound is as bad as a physical one. Friends are very rare jewels, indeed, they make you smile and encourage you to succeed. They lend an ear, they share words of praise and they always want to open their hearts to us.

I guess from time to time we all have had nails driven into our fences, and if we're honest we'd all have to admit we have driven nails into other people's fences as well.
The good news is that as we learn to love and forgive one another, and also learn to receive the forgiveness of others, the holes where the nails have been can be filled in so well that it will be barely noticeable that there was ever a hole there in the first place.

When you know you're in the wrong, eat humble pie and say that magic word, "Sorry!" and do whatever else may be necessary to show you mean it. It does a power of good.

I often think that the test of a good friendship isn't that you never fall out with each other, but how well you are able to make up afterwards and restore the friendship to its former glory. Sometimes a friendship can even grow stronger as a result!
0 x
Common sense is not common....

Return to “Coffee Shop”