More Corona madness....the drama continues

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
wbvs58
GURU
GURU

Re: More Corona madness....the drama continues

Post by wbvs58 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:00 am

Well Greggy, as my profile states I come from Qld. Our state government is labour. I am not not a labour supporter however I do appreciate the stance our labour premier has taken with regard to border closures and they have just opened on Friday to select interstate travel. We are also getting a lot of tourists in our area at the moment with the school holidays and grey nomads looking for somewhere to go. I am stepping up my biosecurity again as I feel there is a real risk of some disease ridden outsider slipping in with the "dreaded lurgy". Our state has had a week of zero new cases then I see this morning two new cases in Townsville, defence personal reurning from overseas, geeze, how do you stay isolated?

Ken

greggy
GURU
GURU

Post by greggy » Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:05 am

Yeah, I know where you are.

I cannot see how we can keep this up, and watch her shut it all down when the inevedible community cases flare up somwhere there....

I am glad I am not in the far nth as a tourist business.....

Re vanners etc....do not worry, we get a lot, and a lot come from the big smoke for a day or two as well.

I am not worried about it, more worried how long the West goes running from it, we have had the time to prepare, see no choice but to face it, just slow it with the small things we can do too avoid.

Redgully
GURU
GURU

Post by Redgully » Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:24 am

I'm with Ken, I'm a national party man but we have a labour premier and he has been brilliant. No need to worry about us Greggy, mining is booming and our economy is churning strongly. We are out of lockdown for a while now and back to work.

At first they were certain the virus was spreading here but turns out there was no community spread at all. Every case was imported and isolated quickly. So we are virus free apart from people in quarantine. Now the thinking i have is scientists and drs are starting to really work the virus out and heaps of trials are coming to the results end. This means they will be able to treat the people who get it bad and lower not only the death rate but also the long term effects this virus is causing. So with that in mind the longer we can keep it out the better the outcome.

JMJ Farms
GURU
GURU

Post by JMJ Farms » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:55 am

Any chance this virus could have been around much longer than previously thought? And that the majority of the hype is just bc of the amount of testing being done?
Until we remember that the left wing and the right wing belong to the same bird and we come together as a nation then this country is in for more turmoil - Jogeephus

greggy
GURU
GURU

Post by greggy » Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:03 am

JMJ Farms wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:55 am
Any chance this virus could have been around much longer than previously thought? And that the majority of the hype is just bc of the amount of testing being done?
Yes, that is possible......

There is no hype imo, some panic, some political reaction, some very cautious people due to not understanding even a common cold.

It is not a cold or little flu, but it could kill you or pass by unnoticed.

I am still thinking, keep going, just take basic precautions, wash jands, avoid handshakes etc, wash out your mouth with soap after swearing due to somone spitting a cough at you 😀

greggy
GURU
GURU

Post by greggy » Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:03 am

Welcome to the new flu......just imo.....

You decide how long to cripple your economy.

greggy
GURU
GURU

Post by greggy » Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:06 am

Redgully wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:24 am
I'm with Ken, I'm a national party man but we have a labour premier and he has been brilliant. No need to worry about us Greggy, mining is booming and our economy is churning strongly. We are out of lockdown for a while now and back to work.

At first they were certain the virus was spreading here but turns out there was no community spread at all. Every case was imported and isolated quickly. So we are virus free apart from people in quarantine. Now the thinking i have is scientists and drs are starting to really work the virus out and heaps of trials are coming to the results end. This means they will be able to treat the people who get it bad and lower not only the death rate but also the long term effects this virus is causing. So with that in mind the longer we can keep it out the better the outcome.
I am not leaning that way cause it is here and a vac unlikey, lowering transmission, yes, eradicating.....and blocking the world.....no.

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Post by greybeard » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:32 pm

If what I'm hearing out of Austin is true, some Texans going to be pretty upset in about 4 days..
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke
Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Post by Caustic Burno » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:40 pm

greybeard wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:32 pm
If what I'm hearing out of Austin is true, some Texans going to be pretty upset in about 4 days..
Abbott won’t be the Republican nomination for governor next election over this.
There is already a recall petition circulating.
Mandate had no teeth.
You can’t be jailed for any violation
https://open.texas.gov/uploads/files/or ... 2-2020.pdf
Lawyers are lined up for free defense of a fine that has no teeth as you can’t be jailed.

This executive order hereby prohibits confinement in jail as a penalty for the violation of any face-covering order by any jurisdiction.

Cain is the state rep that poured Beto back in a bottle.
I run sale-barn cattle.

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Post by greybeard » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:44 pm

It has nothing to do with masks..
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Post by Caustic Burno » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:47 pm

greybeard wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:44 pm
It has nothing to do with masks..
You can’t force vaccinate that has already been lost in court as well.
I run sale-barn cattle.

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Post by Caustic Burno » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:50 pm

I was talking to a State Rep today talk of moving towards virtual teaching for the higher grades. The cost savings are enormous.
I run sale-barn cattle.

ccr
Rancher
Rancher

Post by ccr » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:03 pm

Yea, I agree but what about the kiddos that don't have the ability to participate with the virtual teaching?
i know as much about this as anything else i don't know much about
happiness is healthy cattle

greggy
GURU
GURU

Post by greggy » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:29 pm

Well, they should select better parents, Shotgun Joe said all kids can be like white kids....or some such ?

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Post by greybeard » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:31 pm

We'll just have to wait a few days and see if what I was told comes to be.....

Saw this about 5pm today, at one of the busiest intersections in the nearby town of Cleveland Texas. Intersection of US 59 and state highway 105. It's on private property but barely..the edge of a Shell station's parking lot. Crappy cell ph picture thru the windshield of wife's car from the Whataburger parking lot.

Confederate flag with an m-16 across the middle of it, An American 'support law enforcement' flag with the blue stripe, and Trump 2020 flag. Thought to myself "I bet they aren't going to be there in the morning"....but they might be.