Impossible Burger

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
littletom
Rancher
Rancher

Re: Impossible Burger

Post by littletom » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:46 pm

I don't plan on ever walking in burger king again. When i'm done i'm done thats just how i am. I have not ate chicken since 2008. Had some yard chickens completly eat a cat. Dont see ever eating chicken again.

Named'em Tamed'em
GURU
GURU

Post by Named'em Tamed'em » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:23 pm

I tried the vege burger patty at Costco last week, it was NASTY!!
Get over it! It could have been alot worse.

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Nesikep » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:11 pm

What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence
-Christopher Hitchens

cowgal604
Rancher
Rancher

Post by cowgal604 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:00 am

Dave wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:52 pm
shaz wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:19 am
Caustic Burno wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:58 am
Have you ever noticed that the vegans are always trying to get their product to taste like beef. You never see an add trying to get beef to taste like broccoli.
I a ribeye taste just like salmon one time :frowns:
I do like a ribeye. I do hate salmon. I am absolutely certain I have eaten more salmon than anyone else on this board. If I do have to eat salmon I am really picky about the source and species of salmon I will eat. The wrong stuff and I would rather just go hungry.

I saw an ad on TV for fake ground meat (they were using it for spaghetti). They were saying it was healthier for you and better for the environment. Someone needs to getting those real numbers on that stuff out to the public.
Im married to a man that loves to fish. I hate salmon. Cant even handle the smell of it anymore

Silver
GURU
GURU

Post by Silver » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:07 pm

Caustic Burno wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:58 am
Have you ever noticed that the vegans are always trying to get their product to taste like beef. You never see an add trying to get beef to taste like broccoli.
That's not completely true. Check out Arby's impossible carrot! :lol:

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Nesikep » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:22 pm

cowgal604 wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:00 am
Dave wrote:
shaz wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:19 am

I a ribeye taste just like salmon one time :frowns:
I do like a ribeye. I do hate salmon. I am absolutely certain I have eaten more salmon than anyone else on this board. If I do have to eat salmon I am really picky about the source and species of salmon I will eat. The wrong stuff and I would rather just go hungry.

I saw an ad on TV for fake ground meat (they were using it for spaghetti). They were saying it was healthier for you and better for the environment. Someone needs to getting those real numbers on that stuff out to the public.
Im married to a man that loves to fish. I hate salmon. Cant even handle the smell of it anymore
My mother always makes fried salmon with steamed potatoes... it's not that I even dislike it, it just DOESN'T GO DOWN, it's waaay too dry..
My mother can eat 10 steamed potatoes, and 10 cups of tea in the morning.. I choke after 1 potato and feel like I"m being waterboarded if I have more than 2 cups of tea

If you're on facebook, search for "Ethical Omnivore" groups.. there's lots of infographics,, etc to share there, "Soil4Climate" is another good one
What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence
-Christopher Hitchens

cowgal604
Rancher
Rancher

Post by cowgal604 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:43 am

Nesikep wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:22 pm
cowgal604 wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:00 am
Dave wrote:

My mother always makes fried salmon with steamed potatoes... it's not that I even dislike it, it just DOESN'T GO DOWN, it's waaay too dry..
My mother can eat 10 steamed potatoes, and 10 cups of tea in the morning.. I choke after 1 potato and feel like I"m being waterboarded if I have more than 2 cups of tea

If you're on facebook, search for "Ethical Omnivore" groups.. there's lots of infographics,, etc to share there, "Soil4Climate" is another good one
Fried salmon and steamed potatoes literally makes me feel nauseas haha. We have a luxury life Nesi...most people would kill for the salmon we get up here. And im feeding it to the dogs :lol:

ga.prime
GURU
GURU

Post by ga.prime » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:04 pm

Should be steaming the salmon and frying the potatoes.
where'd it come from, how'd it get there?

cowgal604
Rancher
Rancher

Post by cowgal604 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:13 pm

ga.prime wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:04 pm
If the border would allow it id over night you a freezer full of salmon for you to steam right now.

ga.prime
GURU
GURU

Post by ga.prime » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:30 pm

cowgal604 wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:13 pm
ga.prime wrote:
If the border would allow it id over night you a freezer full of salmon for you to steam right now.
That would be awesome! Salmon is not good fried.. I normally grill it over charcoal and sometimes bake in the oven. Some of the best fish I ever had was a whole salmon one of my uncles brought back from Alaska. He wrapped it in tin foil and cooked covered in a bed of wood coals.
where'd it come from, how'd it get there?

cowgal604
Rancher
Rancher

Post by cowgal604 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:40 pm

ga.prime wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:30 pm
cowgal604 wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:13 pm
ga.prime wrote:
That would be awesome! Salmon is not good fried.. I normally grill it over charcoal and sometimes bake in the oven. Some of the best fish I ever had was a whole salmon one of my uncles brought back from Alaska. He wrapped it in tin foil and cooked covered in a bed of wood coals.
See I'm one of those crazy people that think tin foil will kill me.

I usually cook in the oven or BBQ. Salmon, butter, dill, spices, cover in lemons and bake.

We also have a lot of Halibut and Cod. My husband does a big trip up to a place called Haida Gwaii each summer and stocks up our whole family. I like the Halibut and the Cod. And the crab. Crabbing is a lot of fun and good eating.

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Post by greybeard » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:11 pm

It will. If you eat enough of it.
The only way to prevent it is to wear a tinfoil hat.
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke
Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

cowgal604
Rancher
Rancher

Post by cowgal604 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:32 pm

greybeard wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:11 pm
It will. If you eat enough of it.
The only way to prevent it is to wear a tinfoil hat.
Haha. Cooking with tin foil has been linked to all sorts of scary things. Particularly brain disease and Alzheimer's. I try my best to be as natural as possible when I cook with my little one now. Its best to avoid adding any heavy metals to your body like that.

Dave
GURU
GURU

Post by Dave » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:36 pm

I was about 8 when my Grandpa retired. He loved to fish. Probably fished 6 days a week (he actually caught two salmon in the morning of the day he died). There were a lot of salmon in the Puget Sound back then. At the same time my parents were struggling a bit. So Grandpa brought us salmon to eat. It got to the point that the neighbors hated seeing Grandpa stop. I have eaten salmon 7 days a week. Cooked every way possible and some ways you wouldn't think were possible. Salmon for dinner, salmon sandwiches in my lunch. Then fresh out of high school I worked on the charter boats on the Washington coast. Off on our own with a starve to death job. But we had fish to eat, mostly salmon. Then in my late 20's I spent 6 years working in logging camps in S.E. Alaska. It was expensive to get food out to the camps so they fed us salmon one day a week to help with their food budget. If I never eat another salmon in my life it will be too soon.

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Post by greybeard » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:38 am

Haha. Cooking with tin foil has been linked to all sorts of scary things. Particularly brain disease and Alzheimer's. I try my best to be as natural as possible when I cook with my little one now. Its best to avoid adding any heavy metals to your body like that.
Ookaaay...
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4131942/

https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/about-dem ... d-dementia

I have a 'neighbor' just a few years younger than me, that believes every fringe conspiracy and idea that comes down the pike..just a small sampling of such:
1. Man never went to the moon.
2. Airplanes are involved in mind control on a daily basis thru their contrails. (he tries not to go outside when the sky is clear and high atmospheric pressure makes contrails visible)
3. He's not even completely convinced the Earth is not flat.
4. Convinced that all big box stores can and do read everyone's driver's lic and credit/debit card info the second they walk thru the door even with their wallets in their pocket.
5. "Big Oil" and the car companies conspire to make automobiles in-efficient and fuel prices way higher than they would be otherwise.
6. Aliens from other worlds walk among us every day.
7. Nibiru (the planet) is coming for us.
8. Nephilim (giants) are real and live today underground.

He's otherwise a nice guy, but barely makes it each month on disability, mostly because he and his equally nutty wife spends loads of $$ going to Whole Foods to buy any groceries he can't grow himself. They are in to that whole 'all natural/non-gmo/no antibiotics/no commercial fert/100% 'organic' stuff, even tho each have more medical problems than I have...self diagnosed of course. (oddly enough, the doctors can't seem to find anything actually wrong with them) He seems "normal' most of the time, but did tell me he spent much of his youth growing and smoking copious amounts of marijuana and using mushrooms for hallucinogenic effect..
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke
Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.