Impossible Burger

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
JW IN VA
GURU
GURU

Impossible Burger

Post by JW IN VA » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:40 pm

Read a signature line on another forum I read ( chainsaws ) something like:

Impossible W*****r

Impossible to get me to buy one.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :D

Not everything your neighbors do is wrong-Not everything they do is right,either.

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Impossible Burger

Post by Bigfoot » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:55 pm

I came within an inch of buying a fake sausage biscuit this morning at Hardees. Wish I had. Been interesting to see what it was about.
Your not a small business owner. Your a stay at home mom trapped in a pyramid scheme.

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Post by Caustic Burno » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:58 am

Have you ever noticed that the vegans are always trying to get their product to taste like beef. You never see an add trying to get beef to taste like broccoli.
I run sale-barn cattle.

ClodHopper37869
Cowhand
Cowhand

Post by ClodHopper37869 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:09 am

I like broccoli, when I go out for steak I get their largest RibEye medium rare extra char, with a double order of broccoli.

hurleyjd
GURU
GURU

Post by hurleyjd » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:00 am

ClodHopper37869 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:09 am
I like broccoli, when I go out for steak I get their largest RibEye medium rare extra char, with a double order of broccoli.
You are eating right the gut can process each as the same. Worst combination is a baked potato and steak. The gut has to set up to digest one or the other and causes an upset in the gut.
What if Martin Luther King jr's dream had come true.

shaz
GURU
GURU

Post by shaz » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:19 am

Caustic Burno wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:58 am
Have you ever noticed that the vegans are always trying to get their product to taste like beef. You never see an add trying to get beef to taste like broccoli.
I a ribeye taste just like salmon one time :frowns:
"The Pope? How many divisions does he have?" Joseph Stalin

TCRanch
GURU
GURU

Post by TCRanch » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:48 am

cowgal604
Rancher
Rancher

Post by cowgal604 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:32 am

Caustic Burno wrote:
This is the confusing part to me. I actually don't consume a ton of meat. And I haven't had any beef in about 6 years. I ate a beyond meat burger a few weeks ago and couldn't even swallow it. It tasted exactly like beef...or from what I remember it to taste like haha. Made me feel sick actually. I was convinced they screwed up and served me beef. I don't get why a vegan would be into that. Im not vegan and I cannot stomach it.

Bcompton53
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Post by Bcompton53 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:12 pm

cowgal604 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:32 am
Caustic Burno wrote:
This is the confusing part to me. I actually don't consume a ton of meat. And I haven't had any beef in about 6 years. I ate a beyond meat burger a few weeks ago and couldn't even swallow it. It tasted exactly like beef...or from what I remember it to taste like haha. Made me feel sick actually. I was convinced they screwed up and served me beef. I don't get why a vegan would be into that. Im not vegan and I cannot stomach it.
don't eat beef by choice?

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Post by Bestoutwest » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:15 pm

I don't think any of these impossible burgers are for vegans. There for us, the heathen meat eaters, to try and bring us over to their side and stop "slaughtering poor, innocent animals." That's why they made it "bleed." I, for one, will never eat one.
For the great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. ~Vincent van Gogh
The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves.-Julius Caesar

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Post by TennesseeTuxedo » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:34 pm

Bestoutwest wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:15 pm
I don't think any of these impossible burgers are for vegans. There for us, the heathen meat eaters, to try and bring us over to their side and stop "slaughtering poor, innocent animals." That's why they made it "bleed." I, for one, will never eat one.
I agree.
Making Cattle Today Great Again!
Sometimes you do have to throw out the babies with the bath water.

cowgal604
Rancher
Rancher

Post by cowgal604 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:53 pm

Bcompton53 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:12 pm
cowgal604 wrote:
Caustic Burno wrote:
Yes. Because I am crazy about my cows. Ill be honest that's what it is.

Years ago I got a call from a friend that he had a cow in his trailer that was about to be slaughtered that was dripping milk. I drove down, bought her, she calved the next day. Very sickly calf. I had to take it from her to care for. She lost her mind, jumped 3 barbwire fences, got hit by a car and we had to shoot her. I guess the reason it hit me hard, not to get too personal on here, but I had just lost a baby late in pregnancy. I took it all personally. And I have not eaten beef since and I still have that calf of hers, which is now a big fat pet steer.

Still cook my husband steak weekly tho.

But, that experience was actually what got me into really loving cattle. To me its about making a difference. I want to do things differently so that's what ive been doing.

Bcompton53
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Post by Bcompton53 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:37 pm

cowgal604 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:53 pm
Bcompton53 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:12 pm
cowgal604 wrote:

Yes. Because I am crazy about my cows. Ill be honest that's what it is.

Years ago I got a call from a friend that he had a cow in his trailer that was about to be slaughtered that was dripping milk. I drove down, bought her, she calved the next day. Very sickly calf. I had to take it from her to care for. She lost her mind, jumped 3 barbwire fences, got hit by a car and we had to shoot her. I guess the reason it hit me hard, not to get too personal on here, but I had just lost a baby late in pregnancy. I took it all personally. And I have not eaten beef since and I still have that calf of hers, which is now a big fat pet steer.

Still cook my husband steak weekly tho.

But, that experience was actually what got me into really loving cattle. To me its about making a difference. I want to do things differently so that's what ive been doing.
interesting story. Glad you shared.

MurraysMutts
Rancher
Rancher

Post by MurraysMutts » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:51 pm

Well ya wont catch me trying any of that crap on purpose.
I trust a cow a whole lot more than I trust some wild eyed scientist in a lab somewhere....
Crossbred for high bread vinegar....

Dave
GURU
GURU

Post by Dave » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:52 pm

shaz wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:19 am
Caustic Burno wrote:
I a ribeye taste just like salmon one time :frowns:
I do like a ribeye. I do hate salmon. I am absolutely certain I have eaten more salmon than anyone else on this board. If I do have to eat salmon I am really picky about the source and species of salmon I will eat. The wrong stuff and I would rather just go hungry.

I saw an ad on TV for fake ground meat (they were using it for spaghetti). They were saying it was healthier for you and better for the environment. Someone needs to getting those real numbers on that stuff out to the public.