Harry and Meghan ?

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Harry and Meghan ?

Post by greybeard » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:15 pm

You ever spend much time outside this country?

"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke
Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

cowgal604
Rancher
Rancher

Post by cowgal604 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:37 pm

The royal family by tradition are philanthropists. I cant see it doing harm to Canada, only positives, even if it costs us some money to keep them safe.

It's quiet a thing though. To think of a woman being so influential that she broke up the royal family. Not just any woman, a woman that is not the traditional white woman they are so accustomed to. I mean, I get that her husband is a 50/50 partner but I think it says a lot about her and a lot about her husband.

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Post by greybeard » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:01 pm

"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

Stocker Steve
GURU
GURU

Post by Stocker Steve » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:59 pm

[quote=herofan
I have no plans to go to London, so no problem there. I have nothing against any of them as human beings, and they aren’t calling the news sources begging to have stories reported on them. I just couldn’t care less, but one can hardly watch tv or the news without getting an overdose. I googled why we are so fascinated with them here in the U.S. There were several articles and several points as to why, but nothing that I could relate to or sparked my interest.
[/quote]

No need to make it complicated. Some folks just need more fantasy then others. Then they canceled As the World Turns...
Last edited by Stocker Steve on Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stocker Steve

Stocker Steve
GURU
GURU

Post by Stocker Steve » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:07 pm

[quote=cowgal604
It's quiet a thing though. To think of a woman being so influential that she broke up the royal family. Not just any woman, a woman that is not the traditional white woman they are so accustomed to.
[/quote]

They are re running the Troy movie alot recently... Just hope the entire empire does not fall this time.
Stocker Steve

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Post by greybeard » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:44 pm

Stocker Steve wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:59 pm
herofan wrote:
I have no plans to go to London, so no problem there. I have nothing against any of them as human beings, and they aren’t calling the news sources begging to have stories reported on them. I just couldn’t care less, but one can hardly watch tv or the news without getting an overdose. I googled why we are so fascinated with them here in the U.S. There were several articles and several points as to why, but nothing that I could relate to or sparked my interest.
No need to make it complicated. Some folks just need more fantasy then others. Then they canceled As the World Turns...
He said on his 5th post regarding Britain's royal family.....
Some folks appear to have more interest in the subject (or their subjects) than they let on.

Aaron
GURU
GURU

Post by Aaron » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:52 pm

greybeard wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:44 pm
Stocker Steve wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:59 pm
herofan wrote:
He said on his 5th post regarding Britain's royal family.....
Some folks appear to have more interest in the subject (or their subjects) than they let on.
Winter tends to drive everyone squirrelly eventually.
cor durum laborem