Harry and Meghan ?

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
Stocker Steve
GURU
GURU

Harry and Meghan ?

Post by Stocker Steve » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:59 am

How are they going over in Canada? Will some ex royalty be able to help the Prime Minister?

Stocker Steve

Aaron
GURU
GURU

Re: Harry and Meghan ?

Post by Aaron » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:16 am

Stocker Steve wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:59 am
How are they going over in Canada? Will some ex royalty be able to help the Prime Minister?
People not too happy about prospect of paying for their security.

Same people also pretty stupid, can't seem to understand a constitution and who ultimately runs the show in Commonwealth countries. If we tore the whole thing up and became a republic, wouldn't be an issue. But hurts people's heads, too much work/can't be done to redo the whole shebang.

Polls all over the place, 60% approve monarchy vs 60% disapprove.

They would be smart to keep as far away from PM as possible. No one is more hated than him in this country, particularly in West.

Happy that Harry is getting out while he can. Same age, so easier for me to relate to him. The Brits are bloodthirsty demons and will hound him until the whole family ends up dead like Diana. Then the Brits will act stupid and shrug shoulders just like they did then. Not to mention they didn't want Meghan in the first place - not white enough.

The monarchy has sunk their own ship. Went from a history of being the ultimate ruler without question to a prized pony that gets cared for and trotted out when appropriate. Gave away too much power to the commoners to remain relavent anymore.
cor durum laborem

FarmerShell
Rancher
Rancher

Post by FarmerShell » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:26 pm

I don't understand it all... many people would be happy to be royalty. Yet I'm sure like anything else we don't see every thing happening. It was the life he was giving so I don't exactly understand the part of not wanting it. It could be way worse. I try not to judge...live and let live. Hope they find what they are looking for and live a happy life. 🥂🍾 At least get out the news for a while. That crap gets on my nerves. I don't even know half local news but know all about them. 😅🙄 Yes a little news about them is great but not all day every day on every news that does get old.

BlondeD
Cowhand
Cowhand

Post by BlondeD » Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:15 pm

......Life in a fish bowl...??? and the tabloids there are bloodthirsty. What's the value of a "normal" life compared to semi-constant hounding..??? They won't ever have to worry about money anyway....??

Redgully
Rancher
Rancher

Post by Redgully » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:27 pm

And prince Andrew is thanking Harry for taking over the front page.....

ccr
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Post by ccr » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:49 pm

i don't understand the whole royalty think. why are these people so newsworthy (they're just people like everybody else except for the inherited royalty part). i read up some on the royal monarchy, but still don't get it why some think they are royal and deserving of the british taxpayer money. i'm a hick from texas, so please excuse my ignorance on this matter.
i know as much about this as anything else i don't know much about
happiness is healthy cattle

Stocker Steve
GURU
GURU

Post by Stocker Steve » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:11 pm

There must be alot of royalty in Texas. Perhaps in the oil companies?
Stocker Steve

Named'em Tamed'em
GURU
GURU

Post by Named'em Tamed'em » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:40 pm

ccr wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:49 pm
i don't understand the whole royalty think. why are these people so newsworthy (they're just people like everybody else except for the inherited royalty part). i read up some on the royal monarchy, but still don't get it why some think they are royal and deserving of the british taxpayer money. i'm a hick from texas, so please excuse my ignorance on this matter.
My grandma would be 100 yo now, she despised the Queen. " I was born with nothing in Nebraska, she hasn't earned a @#$# thing herself ".

She's right!
Get over it! It could have been alot worse.

hurleyjd
GURU
GURU

Post by hurleyjd » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:48 pm

ccr wrote:
Just hope this does not stop the news every day about the Kardashians

Ryder
GURU
GURU

Post by Ryder » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:16 pm

[/quote]

Just hope this does not stop the news every day about the Kardashians
[/quote] :lol2: :lol: :)
Ryder

Deo Vindice

herofan
GURU
GURU

Post by herofan » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:42 pm

ccr wrote:
I’m a hick from KY, and right with you. I never understood the fascination with the royal family.

Stocker Steve
GURU
GURU

Post by Stocker Steve » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:27 pm

Have a neighbor who is a huge fan of soap operas and the royal family. Makes sense me.
Stocker Steve

Redgully
Rancher
Rancher

Post by Redgully » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:04 am

The Queen is alright by me, she has a herd of red poll cattle and is the patron of the breed, brings recognition to the breed. She is actually a very hard working woman, even today in her nineties. Devoted her life to serving her country.

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Post by greybeard » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:23 am

I think something intangible will be lost if/when the last of the royal family is over and done, and that does seem to be the way a good part of the UK and it's commonwealth is pointed.
In my lifetime, I've seen the successive younger generations buy into the British tabloid hatred and jealousy more and more while forgetting that the queen stands for something much more than just ceremony, not the least of which is some stability.

The royal wealth so many whine about?
What if tomorrow, the wealth of the royals was taken and divided equally among the citizens of the UK?
In a month, it would all be gone and have had little effect, but doing away with the royal family and it's long history is no different than this country doing away with the marble and granite and other history of bygone decades that so many have opposed, but was carried out by a few in the name of political correctness.

I'm really surprised that some of the inhabitants of Arkansas haven't insisted that Wilhelmina State Park be renamed in honor of the Clintons instead of a Dutch queen.

I suspect very much, that if many here that have voiced their distaste for the royals were to go to London and say the things I've seen stated, they would be physically set upon.

If you think the UKs attention to the royals is over the top, go to Thailand.
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke
Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

herofan
GURU
GURU

Post by herofan » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:43 am

greybeard wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:23 am
I suspect very much, that if many here that have voiced their distaste for the royals were to go to London and say the things I've seen stated, they would be physically set upon.

If you think the UKs attention to the royals is over the top, go to Thailand.
I have no plans to go to London, so no problem there. I have nothing against any of them as human beings, and they aren’t calling the news sources begging to have stories reported on them. I just couldn’t care less, but one can hardly watch tv or the news without getting an overdose. I googled why we are so fascinated with them here in the U.S. There were several articles and several points as to why, but nothing that I could relate to or sparked my interest.