Thanksgiving Meal

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
wacocowboy
GURU
GURU

Re: Thanksgiving Meal

Postby wacocowboy » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:13 pm

Do most of y’all just like cool whip from that tub or do you like the real homemade whip cream? I use to just be a cool whip guy till I tried my wife’s homemade I can eat a whole bowl of that.
0 x
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers

Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Postby Son of Butch » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:31 pm

Over 20 years since I've had any Real Whipped Cream topping, so guess I'm probably just use to Cool Whip.
0 x

sim.-ang.king
GURU
GURU

Postby sim.-ang.king » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:35 pm

Corn Casserole anyone???
0 x
I'm Conservative so you can be Liberal.

Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Postby Son of Butch » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:45 pm

cowboy43 wrote:Oven baked Tofu turkey ,celery stalks for the drum stick. :hide:

You B. cruisin' for a bruisin'.
:)
0 x

wacocowboy
GURU
GURU

Postby wacocowboy » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:57 pm

sim.-ang.king wrote:Corn Casserole anyone???

My sister sometimes makes one that is pretty good.
0 x
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers

herofan
GURU
GURU

Postby herofan » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:14 pm

Turkey is ok, but we’re not crazy enough about it to have it. We have a ham, corn salad, hash-brown casserole, cabbage casserole(probablysounds terrible, but it’s great), rolls, green beans, and pecan pie.
0 x

Carpenter2n
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Carpenter2n » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:40 pm

herofan wrote:Turkey is ok, but we’re not crazy enough about it to have it. We have a ham, corn salad, hash-brown casserole, cabbage casserole(probablysounds terrible, but it’s great), rolls, green beans, and pecan pie.

recipe for cabbage casserole please? love cabbage
0 x
I started out an expert then spent the rest of my life learning all the things I didn't know....

Breathing is highly underrated!

boondocks
GURU
GURU

Postby boondocks » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:17 am

wacocowboy wrote:Do most of y’all just like cool whip from that tub or do you like the real homemade whip cream? I use to just be a cool whip guy till I tried my wife’s homemade I can eat a whole bowl of that.

we get the fat free cool whip (or the store generic). Put a frozen scoopful on top of a slice of pie. Heaven. And because it's fat free, it cancels out the pie donchaknow. (Seriously, it tastes just as good)
0 x

Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Postby Son of Butch » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:07 am

Ruben Dip in a mini crock pot served with rye bread, triscut crackers and melba toast or torn bagels for dipping.
8 oz cream cheese
8 oz deli corned beef chopped
16 oz sauerkraut drained and/or squeezed dry
16 oz Swiss cheese shredded (2 cups)
3-4 tablespoons sour cream or mayo
3-4 tablespoons thousand island dressing
0 x

BK9954
GURU
GURU

Postby BK9954 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:21 am

I work 100- 110 hour week every thanksgiving week, we make fried, smoked, roasted turkeys, prime ribs, hams, freaking 100's of gallons of casseroles, yams, gravy, and cornbread dressing ALL FROM SCRATCH.... I will not eat turkey on Thanksgiving again. 10 years of this has made me swear turkey off. When I get home from a 14-16 hour shift on Thanksgiving day that starts at 2AM and serve 2,500 customers, plus 200 catering gigs that morning, when I get home its a BIG FAT STEAK AND A NICE COLD BEER. Then I head for bed. Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Next day out in the deer blind :bang:
0 x
"Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it" Winston Churchill

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:53 am

BK9954 wrote:I work 100- 110 hour week every thanksgiving week, we make fried, smoked, roasted turkeys, prime ribs, hams, freaking 100's of gallons of casseroles, yams, gravy, and cornbread dressing ALL FROM SCRATCH.... I will not eat turkey on Thanksgiving again. 10 years of this has made me swear turkey off. When I get home from a 14-16 hour shift on Thanksgiving day that starts at 2AM and serve 2,500 customers, plus 200 catering gigs that morning, when I get home its a BIG FAT STEAK AND A NICE COLD BEER. Then I head for bed. Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Next day out in the deer blind :bang:

I hear ya...wouldn't want a turkey anywhere near me for a long time. Enjoy the steak and have several beers. ;-)
0 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

Davemk
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Davemk » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:42 pm

smoked brisket and mashed potatoes. There will be other food. I will stuff myself with those two.
0 x

D2Cat
Rancher
Rancher

Postby D2Cat » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:07 pm

BK9954 wrote:I work 100- 110 hour week every thanksgiving week, we make fried, smoked, roasted turkeys, prime ribs, hams, freaking 100's of gallons of casseroles, yams, gravy, and cornbread dressing ALL FROM SCRATCH.... I will not eat turkey on Thanksgiving again. 10 years of this has made me swear turkey off. When I get home from a 14-16 hour shift on Thanksgiving day that starts at 2AM and serve 2,500 customers, plus 200 catering gigs that morning, when I get home its a BIG FAT STEAK AND A NICE COLD BEER. Then I head for bed. Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Next day out in the deer blind :bang:

I first read that to say, "Next day out in the beer blind"!
0 x

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:36 pm

TexasBred wrote:

I hear ya...wouldn't want a turkey anywhere near me for a long time. Enjoy the steak and have several beers. ;-)

Like the Workers at the chicken plants,,, don't care if they ever see another chicken...
1 x
Santa Claus, the ultimate Yankee....

OwnedByTheCow
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby OwnedByTheCow » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:09 pm

Grilled turkey is my favorite although you'd have to cut the turkey into halves in order for it to fit into the grill. My mom's cheesy onions and squash with maple bacon. For dessert indian pudding or pumpkin pie.
0 x
An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind.
Ghandi

Return to “Coffee Shop”