glyphosate study

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

glyphosate study

Postby greybeard » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:36 pm

0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

dun
Mentor
Mentor

Re: glyphosate study

Postby dun » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:22 pm

The EU is dragging out reapproval because of cancer associations. Interesting
0 x
"“The more you know, the more you know you don't know.” ― Aristotle

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:48 pm

That is fantastic news and that is a legitimate study. Very good news for all of us who have used the herbicide.
0 x

sim.-ang.king
GURU
GURU

Postby sim.-ang.king » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:35 pm

The damage is already done. Round up and "gmo" has been implanted in mind of the people as the greatest poison to ever be inflected upon the world. No amount of research, or attempts to sway the public will change that.

Thus was there plan all along.
0 x
Red Bull Breeder wrote:So Queenie works ok now?

ddd75
GURU
GURU

Postby ddd75 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:24 am

yea right.. i'm sure these scientists were paid for the right response..

https://www.reuters.com/investigates/sp ... lyphosate/
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:34 am

sim.-ang.king wrote:The damage is already done. Round up and "gmo" has been implanted in mind of the people as the greatest poison to ever be inflected upon the world. No amount of research, or attempts to sway the public will change that.

Thus was there plan all along.

I agree. The damage is done as far as public perception but I expect it will prevent it from being removed from the US market and it will be support against lawsuits.
0 x

ga.prime
GURU
GURU

Postby ga.prime » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:14 am

Glyphosate has always been shown to be non-carcinogenic. Why there is such determination to paint it otherwise is what I'd like to know.
0 x
where'd it come from, how'd it get there?

red angus 2010
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby red angus 2010 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:39 am

ga.prime wrote:Glyphosate has always been shown to be non-carcinogenic. Why there is such determination to paint it otherwise is what I'd like to know.

Because there is a segment of the population that vary in age from young people (20"s) to middle age (40's) plus old hippies (70's) that believe fertilizer, chemicals and GMO's have been developed by huge agri-business to maximize profit at the expense of the populations health. They would desire us to move back in time before the evolution of modern farming as it is seen today. We would not apply anhydrous, use manure from livestock foraging on last years fields, plant the crops with perhaps fertilizer boxes on the planters, use the roto till for weed control and then harvest. I looked up yields for the US in 1950 corn 38 bu/ acre, soybeans 22 bu/ acre, wheat 17 bu/ acre. I am all for going back to that time if I can also buy a tractor new for $6,000 and buy ground for $500/ acre. What do you think would happen if a loaf of bread was $5.00 and a gallon of milk $15.00. Todays cash price for Dec 2017 corn is $3.05 it is unsustainable for heavily debt operations to stay afloat at these prices, coupled with people one to two generations removed from the farm with unrealistic expectations on cash rent for acerage. If they don't like that now what will they think when farms consolidate and now corporations are farming 250,000 acres. Just look at what John Deere is doing. Our "local dealership operates 8 locations under the same family name, JD is consolidating dealerships, have these owners thought about the next logical step in this progression which will be JD pulling the franchises and operating the stores directly. I am 57 in my lifetime I will see planting being entirely autominous especially in large open areas of the midwest. Planting will be done with no one in the cab when the planting unit is empty it will stop sense for rain open the seed hoppers and a unmaned seed tender come out and refill. Problem? sensors will detect and send a text message to you and the dealer.
1 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:55 am

ga.prime wrote:Glyphosate has always been shown to be non-carcinogenic. Why there is such determination to paint it otherwise is what I'd like to know.

I agree with red angus 2010 but law firms pursuing every opportunity to file lawsuits is a contributing factor. I don't watch much TV but there are a couple firms specializing in glyphosate cases. If a farmer who used it gets cancer, they sue based on grounds it was caused by glyphosate.
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:25 am

The link GB provided is truncated when I pull it up. There are other reports on the research. Below is one that comes from Reuters which provides a summary that shows the extent of the study. This will be a real blow to thousands of pending lawsuits. The suits are so numerous here, one law firm in Kentucky places advertisements for representing victims of cancer who used glyphosate.

In a summary of the results, the researchers, led by Laura Beane Freeman, principal investigator of the AHS at the U.S. National Cancer Institute, said that among 54,251 (pesticide) applicators studied, 44,932, or 82.9 percent, used glyphosate.

Glyphosate was not statistically significantly associated with cancer at any site," the summary said.

Scott Partridge, Monsanto's vice president of strategy, said the study results clearly showed the weedkiller was safe.

"This is the largest study of agricultural workers in history, over the longest period of time," he told Reuters. "It is the gold standard,... and it definitively demonstrates in a real-world environment that glyphosate doesn't cause cancer."
0 x

Craig Miller
GURU
GURU

Postby Craig Miller » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:44 am

red angus 2010 wrote:

Because there is a segment of the population that vary in age from young people (20"s) to middle age (40's) plus old hippies (70's) that believe fertilizer, chemicals and GMO's have been developed by huge agri-business to maximize profit at the expense of the populations health. They would desire us to move back in time before the evolution of modern farming as it is seen today. We would not apply anhydrous, use manure from livestock foraging on last years fields, plant the crops with perhaps fertilizer boxes on the planters, use the roto till for weed control and then harvest. I looked up yields for the US in 1950 corn 38 bu/ acre, soybeans 22 bu/ acre, wheat 17 bu/ acre. I am all for going back to that time if I can also buy a tractor new for $6,000 and buy ground for $500/ acre. What do you think would happen if a loaf of bread was $5.00 and a gallon of milk $15.00. Todays cash price for Dec 2017 corn is $3.05 it is unsustainable for heavily debt operations to stay afloat at these prices, coupled with people one to two generations removed from the farm with unrealistic expectations on cash rent for acerage. If they don't like that now what will they think when farms consolidate and now corporations are farming 250,000 acres. Just look at what John Deere is doing. Our "local dealership operates 8 locations under the same family name, JD is consolidating dealerships, have these owners thought about the next logical step in this progression which will be JD pulling the franchises and operating the stores directly. I am 57 in my lifetime I will see planting being entirely autominous especially in large open areas of the midwest. Planting will be done with no one in the cab when the planting unit is empty it will stop sense for rain open the seed hoppers and a unmaned seed tender come out and refill. Problem? sensors will detect and send a text message to you and the dealer.

I thinks it more that people don't trust the government or big companies to tell the truth. Especially Monsanto. They are looking for an explanation for the cancer rates and it's easy to blame chemicals.
0 x

red angus 2010
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby red angus 2010 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:58 am

Craig Miller wrote:
red angus 2010 wrote:

I thinks it more that people don't trust the government or big companies to tell the truth. Especially Monsanto. They are looking for an explanation for the cancer rates and it's easy to blame chemicals.

If they don't like big companies they should be livid over Bayer's acquisition of Monsanto
1 x

Highpoint
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Highpoint » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:08 am

Monsanto moved its headquarters to the EU.

I learned much from Dr Don Huber Purdue University Animal Pathologist who studied glyphosate for 25 years. He has YouTube videos and when he wrote a warning letter to his findings he was fired. University monies come from companies like Monsanto.

The main fear is not just health but the seeds failing which began to happen in 2009 in Africa. The plants came up but produced no fruit which has now been shown to many pastors and people like me who never understood agriculture.

I'm sure I cannot convince you but to know and say nothing is wrong too. I hope you search for good seeds and plant them.
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:20 am

Highpoint wrote:Monsanto moved its headquarters to the EU.

I learned much from Dr Don Huber Purdue University Animal Pathologist who studied glyphosate for 25 years. He has YouTube videos and when he wrote a warning letter to his findings he was fired. University monies come from companies like Monsanto.

The main fear is not just health but the seeds failing which began to happen in 2009 in Africa. The plants came up but produced no fruit which has now been shown to many pastors and people like me who never understood agriculture.

I'm sure I cannot convince you but to know and say nothing is wrong too. I hope you search for good seeds and plant them.

I did watch one of his YouTube videos. I also read where he has been characterized as an alarmist. I don't want to debate Dr. Huber but there are some red flags including his firing.

I am always a skeptic but unless you have the time to thoroughly research a subject like this, the best course is to examine the references. The glyphosate study was published in the Journal of the National Cancer Institute (JNCI). Research methods and findings are extensively screened before the paper is accepted for publication.
0 x

Highpoint
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Highpoint » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:32 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
Highpoint wrote:Monsanto moved its headquarters to the EU.

I did watch one of his YouTube videos. I also read where he has been characterized as an alarmist. I don't want to debate Dr. Huber but there are some red flags including his firing.

I am always a skeptic but unless you have the time to thoroughly research a subject like this, the best course is to examine the references. The glyphosate study was published in the Journal of the National Cancer Institute (JNCI). Research methods and findings are extensively screened before the paper is accepted for publication.

Yes I always say follow the money. Did Dr Huber have anything to gain by sounding the alarm to those dairymen? All he gained was the loss of his livelihood and his reputation by suggesting to them to stop feeding GMO feed. The dairymen were losing 15 percent of their herd.

Dr Seneff however at MIT doesn't know Dr Huber. At MIT they can now see molecules and the lesions caused by those products are also causing lesions in human guts. Thus autoimmune disorders, leaky gut, failure to thrive in babies ect. Certainly for ranchers who hold out their own cattle to raise and eat are not affected. You see pasture grasses have major benefits in natural detox and a host of other nutrients.

Probably the most interesting research right now are the tick studies. Cattle can as well as people detox but because it is not Pharma you won't hear in your lifetime probably. Like others have said it takes years to be accepted. Yes I know it is showing a none cell parasite which enters other cells and robs the host of nutrients. While antibiotics cannot touch them they do show silver in the way of nana particles can. But the cost without knowing how to produce yourself would be prohibitive.
0 x

Return to “Coffee Shop”