Interview with the Texan who stopped the massacre

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Interview with the Texan who stopped the massacre

Postby greybeard » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:57 am

"trade those guns for bread and cheese...."

That's going to be a tough choice for folks like Skyhightree.....cheese being his siren's song..
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:55 am

Firearms will become obsolete. Technology is the greatest threat to firearms. It is only a matter of how long it takes. 2050, 2077, 2093????? I doubt politicians will ever disarm America. But there will be a time when a concealed firearm will be about as useful as carrying a pocket full of stones.

Until then, enjoy them.
0 x

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:46 pm

They will continue to tack little laws around gun ownership, making it very complicated on all aspects. They will do the same on mental health profiling.
It will become where they can very easily make you a criminal or a mad man. Effectively disarming you legally...
.... there will be bots scanning the web for keywords and phrases like........"chute em behinn de year" :D ....... that's all they'll need..
5 x
The more I work the luckier I get...TexasBred

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:55 pm

callmefence wrote:They will continue to tack little laws around gun ownership, making it very complicated on all aspects. They will do the same on mental health profiling.
It will become where they can very easily make you a criminal are a mad man. Effectively disarming you legally...
.... there will be bots scanning the web for keywords and phrases like........"chute em behinn de year" :D ....... that's all they'll need..

In the short term yes. In the long term - and please keep this CONFIDENTIAL. They are working on a projectile interception field. It is called "The Overhead Devine Projectile Interception System". It is scheduled to be in place by 2048. The international community is currently in negotiations with one of the divinities. I don't know which one. But the Divinity if he agrees to the terms of the contract will create an overhead projectile vacuum. When a firearm is discharged, the bullet will be immediately sucked up into the overhead interception trap as it is called. This will end mass shootings and make firearms useless.
0 x

ChrisB
GURU
GURU

Postby ChrisB » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:24 pm

callmefence wrote:They will continue to tack little laws around gun ownership, making it very complicated on all aspects. They will do the same on mental health profiling.
It will become where they can very easily make you a criminal or a mad man. Effectively disarming you legally...

I agree that this is how it will go down. I don't think there is a grand conspiracy plan though. "Common sense" laws will be passed that the majority will agree with. There will continue to be crimes committed using guns and more "common sense" laws will be passed and it will just continue until guns will be illegal. First large capacity clips, then the "black guns" as CB calls them. Then it will be all semi-autos, then... Even most of those pushing for very strict gun laws usually make exemptions for firearms used for hunting. But I really feel that eventually hunting will become a less acceptable activity and there will be laws slowly passed to eliminate it. Then the exemptions for owning a firearm for hunting will become moot and there won't be any reason law abiding people should own them. I don't have any idea how long that will take, probably many generations.
0 x

bball
GURU
GURU

Postby bball » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:22 pm

ChrisB wrote:

I agree that this is how it will go down. I don't think there is a grand conspiracy plan though. "Common sense" laws will be passed that the majority will agree with. There will continue to be crimes committed using guns and more "common sense" laws will be passed and it will just continue until guns will be illegal. First large capacity clips, then the "black guns" as CB calls them. Then it will be all semi-autos, then... Even most of those pushing for very strict gun laws usually make exemptions for firearms used for hunting. But I really feel that eventually hunting will become a less acceptable activity and there will be laws slowly passed to eliminate it. Then the exemptions for owning a firearm for hunting will become moot and there won't be any reason law abiding people should own them. I don't have any idea how long that will take, probably many generations.

Grand conspiracy no...its quite cut and dry. Anti gun community vs pro gun community...and for various reasons previously posted, the latter is/will continue to shrink. That's what happens when you trade freedom for govt provided safety/security (beyond sane rational balanced approach).
If there were a true conspiracy, govt would just seize control of ammo manufacturers (for national security) and render John Q citizen guns useless after he expires his ammo supply.
0 x
We do not see things as they are; we see things as we are.
-Anais Nin

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:06 pm

bball wrote:
ChrisB wrote:

Grand conspiracy no...its quite cut and dry. Anti gun community vs pro gun community...and for various reasons previously posted, the latter is/will continue to shrink. That's what happens when you trade freedom for govt provided safety/security (beyond sane rational balanced approach).
If there were a true conspiracy, govt would just seize control of ammo manufacturers (for national security) and render John Q citizen guns useless after he expires his ammo supply.

Calling seizure of private industry "conspiracy" is a gross understatement. That would be outright "martial law" or worse. For that to occur, the legislative branch would have to abdicate their duty to keep the executive branch in check. What you're talking would be a non-constitutional government.
0 x

bball
GURU
GURU

Postby bball » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:38 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
bball wrote:
ChrisB wrote:I agree that this is how it will go down. I don't think there is a grand conspiracy plan though. "Common sense" laws will be passed that the majority will agree with. There will continue to be crimes committed using guns and more "common sense" laws will be passed and it will just continue until guns will be illegal. First large capacity clips, then the "black guns" as CB calls them. Then it will be all semi-autos, then... Even most of those pushing for very strict gun laws usually make exemptions for firearms used for hunting. But I really feel that eventually hunting will become a less acceptable activity and there will be laws slowly passed to eliminate it. Then the exemptions for owning a firearm for hunting will become moot and there won't be any reason law abiding people should own them. I don't have any idea how long that will take, probably many generations.

Calling seizure of private industry "conspiracy" is a gross understatement. That would be outright "martial law" or worse. For that to occur, the legislative branch would have to abdicate their duty to keep the executive branch in check. What you're talking would be a non-constitutional government.

Sounds far fetched doesn't It? Give it 20 or 30 years. Folks probably wouldn't even blink. They barely did when the last administration blatantly violated our rights to privacy when the CIA and its contractors constructed multiple programs to spy on John Q citizen; his texts, emails, phone calls, even to activate the cameras in the laptop or cell phone to view them...all for 'national security '. Barely any handsmacks handed down, and the guy who outed them can't even return to this country safely. Legislative/executive/judicial doesn't mean Jack when they want something done..and seems like most citizens really don't care either.
0 x
-Anais Nin

bball
GURU
GURU

Postby bball » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:39 pm

I would add, the administration prior was also integral in initiating those programs as well.
0 x
-Anais Nin

bball
GURU
GURU

Postby bball » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:43 pm

It's not that far fetched..we allowed the govt to manage our most important asset; namely the minds of our youth. Public education is one simple example of govt managing an institution that should be private..no one thinks twice...as we consistently slide down the scale in education worldwide.
0 x
-Anais Nin

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:45 pm

bball wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:
bball wrote:

Sounds far fetched doesn't It? Give it 20 or 30 years. Folks probably wouldn't even blink. They barely did when the last administration blatantly violated our rights to privacy when the CIA and its contractors constructed multiple programs to spy on John Q citizen; his texts, emails, phone calls, even to activate the cameras in the laptop or cell phone to view them...all for 'national security '. Barely any handsmacks handed down, and the guy who outed them can't even return to this country safely. Legislative/executive/judicial doesn't mean Jack when they want something done..and seems like most citizens really don't care either.

What are you drinking?

You are not in the habit of joining the extremist movement. ;-)

Firearms are already regulated. I don't think I need to support that. Just think ATF. Will there be more regulations. IDK. But it will not occur via martial law or radical "Zimbabwe" style measures. It will happen through legislation.
0 x

bball
GURU
GURU

Postby bball » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:53 pm

Extremist, naw. Just speculating. Really my point is that it would be easier to manage the ammo than to collect all the guns. I actually agree with you. Our rights are being legislated away on a regular basis...Tytler cycle. It's coming.
I also believe, that if the govt truly wanted to stop private firearms, they couldn't completely do it anyway. The war on drugs, terrorism, are just a few examples of failed attempts by our govt leaders. Can't stop people from being people.
0 x
-Anais Nin

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:58 pm

bball wrote:Extremist, naw. Just speculating. Really my point is that it would be easier to manage the ammo than to collect all the guns. I actually agree with you. Our rights are being legislated away on a regular basis...Tytler cycle. It's coming.
I also believe, that if the govt truly wanted to stop private firearms, they couldn't completely do it anyway. The war on drugs, terrorism, are just a few examples of failed attempts by our govt leaders. Can't stop people from being people.

The type people drawn to the black gun scares John Q Public to death.
The media has done a fine job along with the nuts and high cap magazines.
We are getting as good at it as the towel heads.
I agree 100% buy ammo not guns.
Last edited by Caustic Burno on Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Grandpa always said never trust a banker,lawyer,preacher or guvmit man. They will steal from widows and orphans.

bball
GURU
GURU

Postby bball » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:59 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
bball wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:

What are you drinking?

You are not in the habit of joining the extremist movement. ;-)

Firearms are already regulated. I don't think I need to support that. Just think ATF. Will there be more regulations. IDK. But it will not occur via martial law or radical "Zimbabwe" style measures. It will happen through legislation.

In just wanted to add, you may think some of the ideas about gun control I have mentioned sound extreme, radical or martial law like...the only reason I mentioned them is because these same ideas have been discussed and debated as viable means to control guns in this country in the media and internet debsste forums...ideas become words, words become actions, actions become habits.........
0 x
-Anais Nin

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:01 pm

Bball,

The Repubic is not perfect. No nation or system of governance is ideal. In fact, nations and governments are like humans, wrought with flaws. Having said that if I mistrusted the US government as much as you seen to, then I think you need to "take a knee" in protest. 8)
0 x

Return to “Coffee Shop”