TX Shooting

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
danl
Rancher
Rancher

Re: TX Shooting

Postby danl » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:50 pm

Didn't think you could buy a gun if you were dishonorable discharged... Think that is one of the questions.
0 x

danl
Rancher
Rancher

Postby danl » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:56 pm

In Missouri, churches are off limits unless you have permission from the pastor.
I have permission...I didn't have for a long time and finally went legit. The pastor said he figured at least half the men ccw at church. And we have a congregation of about five hundred. Of course that's women and children included. Don't think we have 250 guns in Sunday school.
0 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:02 pm

Craig Miller wrote:
Caustic Burno wrote:
And people wonder why we have members with carry permits strategically placed in the auditorium.
The world is nuts.

Ours has a strict no carry policy. They asked a veteran friend of mine to leave because he was carrying. Nobody carries now..... ;-) What they don't know....

I'd say screw that church and go somewhere different. You're responsible for your safety and the safety of your family.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

kenny thomas
GURU
GURU

Postby kenny thomas » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:05 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
kenny thomas wrote:When i was a kid it was unheard of that anything bad would happen in the church. Most even left the doors unlocked all week. Now I carry almost everywhere except where I go through a metal detector. Odd thing is that I went to a gun show in KY yesterday and there were big signs on the door saying no concealed carry. But there was a guy dressed as a girl behind one of the tables. That was allowed.

Yes. It is. Cross dressing is not illegal as far as I know as long as nothing is indecently exposed.

I wouldn't have anything indecently exposed if I concealed carried either. I bet most of t he crowd there would welcome me before a crossdresser.
0 x
My thoughts only, don't bet the farm on them. KT

Some people know people, who know people, who aren't very nice people and you could get a visit from them someday. So be good people.

kenny thomas
GURU
GURU

Postby kenny thomas » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:07 pm

And if anyone questions if I would ever think it was ok to be a crossdresser, no I will not. Neither did the actual women that were there when (HE) came into the restroom with them.
0 x
My thoughts only, don't bet the farm on them. KT

Some people know people, who know people, who aren't very nice people and you could get a visit from them someday. So be good people.

Craig Miller
GURU
GURU

Postby Craig Miller » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:48 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:
Craig Miller wrote:
Caustic Burno wrote:
And people wonder why we have members with carry permits strategically placed in the auditorium.
The world is nuts.

Ours has a strict no carry policy. They asked a veteran friend of mine to leave because he was carrying. Nobody carries now..... ;-) What they don't know....

I'd say screw that church and go somewhere different. You're responsible for your safety and the safety of your family.

We have discussed it. I still carry as does my wife. I also know of two other men and one lady that does.
1 x

boondocks
GURU
GURU

Postby boondocks » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:41 am

danl wrote:Didn't think you could buy a gun if you were dishonorable discharged... Think that is one of the questions.

Guy was court-martialed for spousal and child assault. http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... -1.3613635
A history of spouse abuse is turning out to be a common factor in these mass shootings.
0 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:38 am

Ky hills wrote:Just been home a little while from our Sunday services, and heard about this terrible and senseless tragedy. For several years, I have felt like that churches and businesses in general should have at least some folks armed on the premises.

Our building is open from 6:00AM until around 9:00PM at night. Never had any problems "yet". I'm sure there are folks in the congregation that are armed but don't know for sure. Just the way I want it. Nobody needs to know who is and who isn't.
3 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

danl
Rancher
Rancher

Postby danl » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:11 am

Our pastor says he likes to know who is carrying. I guess so he would know who to depend on.
1 x

midTN_Brangusman
Rancher
Rancher

Postby midTN_Brangusman » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:00 am

We will continue to pray for the families of the victims, such a horrific meaningless act.

I also carry at church. We go to a large charge, several thousand. I have often thought it would be a soft target. Main reason for carrying. My wife and I have been thinking about staying at home and watching the service on TV since it is broadcast live. It's bad when you don't feel safe at church.
0 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:12 am

danl wrote:Our pastor says he likes to know who is carrying. I guess so he would know who to depend on.

Or who shot him. :lol:
1 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:23 am

RentedMule wrote:I am very curious to why he was dishonorably discharged from the AF and court martialed

I read this morning he was court-martialed for assaulting his wife and kid. Busted in rank, 1 year and DD.
0 x
"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:34 am

They have interviews out with the 2 guys that chased him down.

Any church that does not allow CC is not church I would go to.
0 x
Brimmer Pimpin Ain't Easy

Craig Miller
GURU
GURU

Postby Craig Miller » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:52 am

Our insurance company has pressured the church leaders into this position. I believe most all of them are ok with though and that's the part that bothers me.
0 x

gizmom
GURU
GURU

Postby gizmom » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:50 pm

I have a concealed carry permit I have not asked permission to carry at church I just carry and pray I never have to let anyone at church realize that I do. We live in a world that requires us to be prepared to face evil and I don’t want my last vision to be looking at some crazy person with a gun and me wishing I had one. I may be a little old lady but I am a gun toting one.

Gizmom
6 x
Respect give it to get it!

Return to “Coffee Shop”