TX Shooting

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
HDRider
GURU
GURU

TX Shooting

Postby HDRider » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:47 pm

27 people were dead and 24 others were injured in Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting.

Anyone know more about it?
0 x
bball wrote: "The juice wasn't worth the squeeze."
Dun said, "You gotta be flexible. Do whatever you have to do for the best results within your limitations."

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Re: TX Shooting

Postby greybeard » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:34 pm

Just what I've seen on the news. Sad.
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:55 pm

Senseless tragedy...
0 x
As for me and my house... We will Serve the Lord!

Workinonit Farm
GURU
GURU

Postby Workinonit Farm » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:11 pm

Terribly sad!!

All I know, is what I've seen on news and read on the web, news.
0 x
Live each day as if it were your last.

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:41 pm

HDRider wrote:27 people were dead and 24 others were injured in Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting.

And people wonder why we have members with carry permits strategically placed in the auditorium.
The world is nuts.
2 x
Grandpa always said never trust a banker,lawyer,preacher or guvmit man. They will steal from widows and orphans.

OwnedByTheCow
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby OwnedByTheCow » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:42 pm

I just heard the pastor's youngest daughter is one of the victims.
0 x
An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind.
Ghandi

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:12 pm

Caustic Burno wrote:
HDRider wrote:27 people were dead and 24 others were injured in Sutherland Springs, Texas church shooting.

And people wonder why we have members with carry permits strategically placed in the auditorium.
The world is nuts.

Looks like it was a civilian that shot him. He made his way down the road a bit before he expired.
0 x
The more I work the luckier I get...TexasBred

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

wacocowboy
GURU
GURU

Postby wacocowboy » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:49 pm

Sad very sad. The media has got to stop publishing these shooters names. They should only be referred to as the shooter it shouldn’t be none if they are male or female no photos no nothing let them die as a no namer.
4 x
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers

Craig Miller
GURU
GURU

Postby Craig Miller » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:07 pm

Caustic Burno wrote:
The world is nuts.

Ours has a strict no carry policy. They asked a veteran friend of mine to leave because he was carrying. Nobody carries now..... ;-) What they don't know....
2 x

Workinonit Farm
GURU
GURU

Postby Workinonit Farm » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:17 pm

Craig Miller wrote:
Caustic Burno wrote:
The world is nuts.

Ours has a strict no carry policy. They asked a veteran friend of mine to leave because he was carrying. Nobody carries now..... ;-) What they don't know....

I wouldn't be surprised if 1/2, or more, of our congregation carried. Both men & women.
2 x
Live each day as if it were your last.

RentedMule
Beginner
Beginner

Postby RentedMule » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:26 pm

I am very curious to why he was dishonorably discharged from the AF and court martialed
0 x
Some folks look at me and see a certain swagger, which in Texas is called ‘walking.’– George W. Bush

kenny thomas
GURU
GURU

Postby kenny thomas » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:34 pm

When i was a kid it was unheard of that anything bad would happen in the church. Most even left the doors unlocked all week. Now I carry almost everywhere except where I go through a metal detector. Odd thing is that I went to a gun show in KY yesterday and there were big signs on the door saying no concealed carry. But there was a guy dressed as a girl behind one of the tables. That was allowed.
0 x
My thoughts only, don't bet the farm on them. KT

Some people know people, who know people, who aren't very nice people and you could get a visit from them someday. So be good people.

Ky hills
GURU
GURU

Postby Ky hills » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:43 pm

Just been home a little while from our Sunday services, and heard about this terrible and senseless tragedy. For several years, I have felt like that churches and businesses in general should have at least some folks armed on the premises.
1 x

Ky hills
GURU
GURU

Postby Ky hills » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:53 pm

kenny thomas wrote:When i was a kid it was unheard of that anything bad would happen in the church. Most even left the doors unlocked all week. Now I carry almost everywhere except where I go through a metal detector. Odd thing is that I went to a gun show in KY yesterday and there were big signs on the door saying no concealed carry. But there was a guy dressed as a girl behind one of the tables. That was allowed.

Kenny, that is what I had grown up thinking too, that church was the safest place you could be. That does seem odd about that sign especially here in KY, but nothing really surprises me anymore. I would venture to say that most folks here do carry.
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:28 pm

kenny thomas wrote:When i was a kid it was unheard of that anything bad would happen in the church. Most even left the doors unlocked all week. Now I carry almost everywhere except where I go through a metal detector. Odd thing is that I went to a gun show in KY yesterday and there were big signs on the door saying no concealed carry. But there was a guy dressed as a girl behind one of the tables. That was allowed.

Yes. It is. Cross dressing is not illegal as far as I know as long as nothing is indecently exposed.
0 x

Return to “Coffee Shop”