Another Sexual Harassment Case

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Another Sexual Harassment Case

Postby Bright Raven » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:16 am

http://www.kentucky.com/news/politics-g ... 70501.html

This one involves the Republican Speaker of the House in the Kentucky legislature. The Governor's position is stern:

Gov. Matt Bevin, making his first public comments on a sexual harassment scandal that has rocked the state House of Representatives, called Saturday for “the immediate resignation of every individual who has settled a sexual harassment case, who is a party to trying to hide this type of behavior.”
0 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Re: Another Sexual Harassment Case

Postby True Grit Farms » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:28 am

Probably being a conservative, their bible thumpers and will just ask for forgiveness. I don't understand what's wrong with people. If your willing to pay someone to keep quiet you need your tool smacked with a sledge hammer.
1 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:43 am

True Grit Farms wrote:Probably being a conservative, their bible thumpers and will just ask for forgiveness. I don't understand what's wrong with people. If your willing to pay someone to keep quiet you need your tool smacked with a sledge hammer.

I can understand why he used his position to receive sexual favor!!! :lol:
That's a face only a mother could love.

1 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:50 am

Bright Raven wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:Probably being a conservative, their bible thumpers and will just ask for forgiveness. I don't understand what's wrong with people. If your willing to pay someone to keep quiet you need your tool smacked with a sledge hammer.

Position? A little money will buy you more trouble than any man needs. But using your power over someone for anything is wrong.
1 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:55 am

True Grit Farms wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:

Position? A little money will buy you more trouble than any man needs. But using your power over someone for anything is wrong.

If the governor's recommendation that all involved resign, from what is in the news, there will not be enough representatives left to hold a vote. :shock:
0 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:56 am

Draining the swamp.
0 x

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:24 am

We just went through it with our Gov..and looks ain't got nothing to do with it...example. https://www.google.com/search?q=robert+ ... mHKgymAIyM:
0 x
Santa Claus, the ultimate Yankee....

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:27 am

I'd bet that for every sexual harassment case..theres 10 that don't surface..
1 x

herofan
GURU
GURU

Postby herofan » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:31 pm

ALACOWMAN wrote:I'd bet that for every sexual harassment case..theres 10 that don't surface..

I agree 100 percent; especially in Hollywood. Even though there has been several celebrities exposed lately, I’m sure there are so many more that have done the same thing.
2 x

WalnutCrest
GURU
GURU

Postby WalnutCrest » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:56 am

... and then there are cases like the lacrosse team at Duke (?) wrongly accused ...

I've got three young sons (8 -13) ... trying to parent all the unknowns they'll face before they face it.
1 x
Fullblood Aubrac & Mashona Cattle

pdfangus
GURU
GURU

Postby pdfangus » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:37 am

well the other side of this issue is that I suspect that several of these harassment's are "relationships " that did not have the intended gain....

plus the fact that it is now in vogue to bring out all dirty laundry .

These poor women have been tortured by these guys for years....especially the one who let the guy into her apartment a second time to rape her the second time.....

some of this stuff does not pass the sniff test...
1 x
Strength is of no value if it does not have a
useful application for good.
Jim Tate
pdfangus@gmail.com

backhoeboogie
smithy
smithy

Postby backhoeboogie » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:28 am

It happened here. A member put out lies about me in pm’s. People sent me notes. Texasbred bouhht in to the lies and has been regurgitating them for five years now.

It didn’t happen.
0 x
Our ancestors gave us this. They fought to make it what it is. All we have to do is defend it.

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:48 pm

There was a guy in high school shop class I had trouble with. At the time it was not normal for a girl to be in a shop class and of course I was the only one, maybe the first. Most guys were guys. But there was this one who would corner me in a dark tool closet and say the more horrendous things to me. He never really touched me, but got too close and when I say he said horrendous things, even to this day they make me cringe.
Well, I told my now husband but then boyfriend about it. He was in college in another town so I only got to speak to him occasionally, but spent my weekends with him when he came home. LIke most guys, they tend to think girls exaggerate..But I wasn't. It was only a matter of time before he did make a move. It happened 2 times in that week. Anywho, that weekend we went to a party and there was that jerk. I pointed him out to my boyfriend,(future husband) and he walked over to this guy and asked if his name was so and so...He said yes....he then said, this is for Linda and punched him squarely in the face... Never had a problem after that.....
Some times I wonder if it turned this guys life around. I also wonder if that approach ever worked on a girl. The things he said were so vile and gross... did he think i'd smile and say 'youre the guy of my dreams'.. I did not go to the shop teacher because it was kind of controversial for me to be there and if I stirred up any trouble i'd be kicked out.....even if it was sexual harassment from one of the guys.
0 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:09 pm

backhoeboogie wrote:It happened here. A member put out lies about me in pm’s. People sent me notes. Texasbred bouhht in to the lies and has been regurgitating them for five years now.

It didn’t happen.
folks would be more apt to forget about it, if you didn't keep Bringing it up...
1 x

Return to “Coffee Shop”