The right to protest?

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
dun
Mentor
Mentor

Re: The right to protest?

Postby dun » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:48 am

Jogeephus wrote:If you stop and think about it, compartmentalization into "identities" or socio-economic groups magnifies the number of people who feel marginalized by society and breeds hate and contempt. You'll never destroy America as a unified people but its people can definitely destroy America.

Well said!
0 x
"“The more you know, the more you know you don't know.” ― Aristotle

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:29 am

SmokinM wrote:History is there to learn from, destroy it and you learn nothing. If they want monuments for their heritage ok no problem. I will accept and learn about anybodies heritage and they can celebrate it in any peaceful manner they like. I am entitled to the same, it is called- equality.

TB you like to argue and I ain't bitin, you got your opinion I got mine. That is freedom embrace it. I don't give a crap about a statue but I work hard for everything I have, mind my own business, pull my own weight and would like for every one else to do the same.

A tip of the hat to you SM....those are all good qualities. Now if we can just convince those that disagree and think violence is always the answer.
0 x
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:30 am

Jogeephus wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:I was wondering where the heck was the cops? And did the vehicle intentionally run folks over or were they just trying to get the heck out of town? Was the driver was a protester or anti - protester?
Everyone has the right to protest and the right to protection while doing so.

Here is a picture showing one officer. I think if you look in the background you can see where a lot of the problem lies. Nazi extremists. Take note of the sign. These troublemakers weren't demonstrating for any monuments they were just spewing hate.

ABSOLUTELY !!!! :nod:
0 x
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:34 am

SmokinM wrote:TB ,I re-read your second post again. Can't tell if you are picking a fight or not so I may have fussed at you for nothing and if so I apologize. I agree this isn't about monuments, especially for me. I have young kids and I see this constant spiral out of control and people as a whole are to worried about making right how they feel they were wronged by history than learning so as not to repeat it. Worried what the future holds for us all. If equality is the goal we aren't going to get it this way. Also people need to realize just because it isn't easy doesn't mean you aren't getting a fair shake. Life is hard and making your situation better is even harder, if you want to go up you gotta climb.

Everybody in that war was fighting for what they believed was right. That alone is something to learn from.

It was not intended to incite or cause anger. Just my feelings. We're good. :nod:
0 x

kenny thomas
GURU
GURU

Postby kenny thomas » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:41 am

I don't agree with anything that went on there, but does that picture look photo shopped to anyone besides me?
0 x
My thoughts only, don't bet the farm on them. KT

Some people know people, who know people, who aren't very nice people and you could get a visit from them someday. So be good people.

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:45 am

Now if we can just convince those that disagree and think violence is always the answer.

Violence (against govt) is always acceptable (barely) but only when all other forms of protest & dissent fails.

Violence as a method of protest against society itself is sometimes a much grayer line, but it rarely produces the desired effect, and usually has the opposite results.
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:42 pm

greybeard wrote:
Now if we can just convince those that disagree and think violence is always the answer.

Violence (against govt) is always acceptable (barely) but only when all other forms of protest & dissent fails.

Violence as a method of protest against society itself is sometimes a much grayer line, but it rarely produces the desired effect, and usually has the opposite results.

The Taliban were statue removers as well. The left thinks like them it changes history.
IMOO it only entrenchs the opposite sides and fuels the divisions.
Lot of similarities today in our nation with the 1850's.
0 x
I am the NRA
Brimmer Pimp

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:03 pm

I think David dukes and Jessie Jackson needs to have a cage match...
0 x
Santa Claus, the ultimate Yankee....

BK9954
GURU
GURU

Postby BK9954 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:04 pm

I support anyone's right to protest. I believe the right people don't protest enough. I am not KKK or anything like that, my kids are biracial, but I have absolutely no problem nor am embarrassed with my southern heritage. Actually proud of the toughness and the will to survive in a harsh southern enviroment. People making a big deal about the statues and a flag, very stupid The politicians have divided this country into PC classes and racial dicision, since division plays more power and votes into their hands. There may be a big eruption coming but hopefully I am kept out of it. Conservatives and whites will lose. We are outnumbered and don't control the major economical centers of the country. Too many brain washed safe space cry babies siding with the alternative left and too many young people apologizing and feeling guilty for being a certain color. I never will. Just read my bottom signature. It is happening today.
0 x
"Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it" Winston Churchill

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:16 pm

BK9954 wrote:I support anyone's right to protest. I believe the right people don't protest enough. I am not KKK or anything like that, my kids are biracial, but I have absolutely no problem nor am embarrassed with my southern heritage. Actually proud of the toughness and the will to survive in a harsh southern enviroment. People making a big deal about the statues and a flag, very stupid The politicians have divided this country into PC classes and racial dicision, since division plays more power and votes into their hands. There may be a big eruption coming but hopefully I am kept out of it. Conservatives and whites will lose. We are outnumbered and don't control the major economical centers of the country. Too many brain washed safe space cry babies siding with the alternative left and too many young people apologizing and feeling guilty for being a certain color. I never will. Just read my bottom signature. It is happening today.

I disagree we're armed and they don't even know what bathroom to use.
Cut off the food supply for three days and they will be killing each other.
This war is going to be conservative versus liberal.
0 x
I am the NRA
Brimmer Pimp

ga.prime
GURU
GURU

Postby ga.prime » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:19 pm

kenny thomas wrote:I don't agree with anything that went on there, but does that picture look photo shopped to anyone besides me?

It's a montage of photo shoppery.
0 x
where'd it come from, how'd it get there?

jedstivers
GURU
GURU

Postby jedstivers » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:28 pm

Caustic Burno wrote:
BK9954 wrote:I support anyone's right to protest. I believe the right people don't protest enough. I am not KKK or anything like that, my kids are biracial, but I have absolutely no problem nor am embarrassed with my southern heritage. Actually proud of the toughness and the will to survive in a harsh southern enviroment. People making a big deal about the statues and a flag, very stupid The politicians have divided this country into PC classes and racial dicision, since division plays more power and votes into their hands. There may be a big eruption coming but hopefully I am kept out of it. Conservatives and whites will lose. We are outnumbered and don't control the major economical centers of the country. Too many brain washed safe space cry babies siding with the alternative left and too many young people apologizing and feeling guilty for being a certain color. I never will. Just read my bottom signature. It is happening today.

I'll disagree too.
Who has the most guns and ammo and ability to use them?
While they are searching for safe spaces we will be clearing them and making them.
0 x

SmokinM
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby SmokinM » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:09 pm

The Taliban were statue removers as well. The left thinks like them it changes history.
IMOO it only entrenchs the opposite sides and fuels the divisions.
Lot of similarities today in our nation with the 1850's.[/quote]

Absolutely, an industrial,liberal, and bigger govt north vs. a conservative, agricultural, stand on your own 2 feet south. It is not regional now but pockets of each in every state but the division is the same. Look at the voting lines and divisions. Sadly just as in history,one side may surrender but neither side will win. Those statues are a reminder of that the same as the turmoil they cause exemplify it. Shame they don't teach that in school anymore.

I honestly believe that had tractors existed then slavery wouldn't have existed, they were merely the machine they had to farm with. If they wanted to tear down their looms and steel mills there also would have been a war. It all in how you feed your family.
0 x

BK9954
GURU
GURU

Postby BK9954 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:10 pm

jedstivers wrote:
Caustic Burno wrote:

I'll disagree too.
While they are searching for safe spaces we will be clearing them and making them.

Yes but the government and national guard will be against you. They will support the black lives matter and those organizations before they support you. It will not be citizen against citizen. If it comes to that. Especially if you are armed. They will come with tanks and heavy machinery. Just like Waco. I just want to stay out of it. Not sure if you read the report years ago of the DHS buying millions of hollow point rounds and self defense rounds, not military rounds, that's for civil unrest, not invasion. Congress even grilled them for it. It was "one" of the reasons for an ammo shortage. For a while you could only find FMJ. They are more ready then you could ever be.
0 x
"Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it" Winston Churchill

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:27 pm

BK9954 wrote:
jedstivers wrote:
Caustic Burno wrote:

I'll disagree too.

Yes but the government and national guard will be against you. They will support the black lives matter and those organizations before they support you. It will not be citizen against citizen. If it comes to that. Especially if you are armed. They will come with tanks and heavy machinery. Just like Waco. I just want to stay out of it. Not sure if you read the report years ago of the DHS buying millions of hollow point rounds and self defense rounds, not military rounds, that's for civil unrest, not invasion. Congress even grilled them for it. It was "one" of the reasons for an ammo shortage. For a while you could only find FMJ. They are more ready then you could ever be.

Apparently you missed the part in history where the military fractured along ideological lines as well.
Lincoln wanted Lee from jump street he went with Virginia.
0 x
I am the NRA
Brimmer Pimp

Return to “Coffee Shop”