The World's A Changing

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Re: The World's A Changing

Postby Bestoutwest » Sat May 20, 2017 10:06 pm

Caustic Burno wrote:
Bestoutwest wrote:
Caustic Burno wrote:What a joke on history the sainthood of the president that wanted to deport the African to Central America.

I've read two speeches by him where he was pro slavery and anti-aircraft. He just pandered to the specific crowd.

The true irony is if the democrats had not self destructed in a power struggle he would have never seen the White House. They fractured into three groups running a norther, southern and western candidate against him.

Secondly I don't think he gave any anti air craft speechs that auto correct is a pain sometimes.

I saw that come up and I even changed out of it. I hate autocorrect sometimes.
How many a man has dated a new era in his life from the reading of a book. ~Henry David Thoreau

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Sun May 21, 2017 8:21 am

Son of Butch wrote:
HDRider wrote:Sounds like you been giving owning people some thought, maybe even fantasizing about a big house on the Bayou
in south Alabam'.

I have. Kind of leaning against it as being bad, but so many good arguments in favor that I'm starting to waver. :)

You gotta have the flag before you qualify. (Strictly for historical reference) I think some even come wrapped in a white sheet with a pointed hat.
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

HDRider
GURU
GURU

Postby HDRider » Sun May 21, 2017 8:42 am

TexasBred wrote:
Son of Butch wrote:
HDRider wrote:Sounds like you been giving owning people some thought, maybe even fantasizing about a big house on the Bayou
in south Alabam'.

I have. Kind of leaning against it as being bad, but so many good arguments in favor that I'm starting to waver. :)

You gotta have the flag before you qualify. (Strictly for historical reference) I think some even come wrapped in a white sheet with a pointed hat.

President William McKinley, from Ohio
President Woodrow Wilson, from Virginia
Warren G. Harding, from Ohio
Gutzon Borglum, who created Mount Rushmore, from Idaho
Calvin Coolidge, President of the United States, from Vermont
President Harry S. Truman, from Missouri
West Virginia Senator Robert Byrd, from North Carolina

All purchased said sheets.
bball wrote: "The juice wasn't worth the squeeze."
Dun said, "You gotta be flexible. Do whatever you have to do for the best results within your limitations."

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Mon May 22, 2017 10:29 am

HDRider wrote:
TexasBred wrote:
Son of Butch wrote:I have. Kind of leaning against it as being bad, but so many good arguments in favor that I'm starting to waver. :)

President William McKinley, from Ohio
President Woodrow Wilson, from Virginia
Warren G. Harding, from Ohio
Gutzon Borglum, who created Mount Rushmore, from Idaho
Calvin Coolidge, President of the United States, from Vermont
President Harry S. Truman, from Missouri
West Virginia Senator Robert Byrd, from North Carolina

All purchased said sheets.

Do you have corroborating evidence, or is this just a list of suspected/alleged Klan members?

On Harding:
While one source claims Warren G. Harding, a Republican, was a Ku Klux Klan member while President, that claim is based on a third-hand account of a second-hand recollection in 1985 of a deathbed statement made sometime in the late 1940s concerning an incident in the early 1920s. Independent investigations have turned up many contradictions and no supporting evidence. Historians reject the claim and note that Harding in fact publicly fought and spoke against the Klan.

Wyn Craig Wade states Harding's membership as fact and gives a detailed account of a secret swearing-in ceremony in the White House, based on a private communication he received in 1985 from journalist Stetson Kennedy. Kennedy, in turn had, along with Elizabeth Gardner, tape recorded some time in the "late 1940s" a deathbed confession of former Imperial Klokard Alton Young. Young claimed to have been a member of the "Presidential Induction Team". Young also said on his deathbed that he had repudiated racism.[24][25]

In his book, The Strange Deaths of President Harding, historian Robert Ferrell says he was unable to find any records of any such "ceremony" in which Harding was brought into the Klan in the White House. John Dean, in his 2004 book Warren Harding, also could find no proof of Klan membership or activity on the part of Harding. Review of the personal records of Harding's Personal White House Secretary, George Christian Jr., also do not support the contention that Harding received members of the Klan while in office. Appointment books maintained in the White House, detailing President Harding's daily schedules, do not show any such event.
How many a man has dated a new era in his life from the reading of a book. ~Henry David Thoreau

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Mon May 22, 2017 1:36 pm

I'm sure some are for real, some suspected and some accused. I know one of them said he'd join any club or organization if it would get him votes. lolol
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

HDRider
GURU
GURU

Postby HDRider » Tue May 23, 2017 5:44 am

http://www.allday.com/11-people-you-wou ... 87382.html

There are other sources, maybe disputed. I don't know, but I didn't bring it up.

You can't judge the past societies and the people that lived by the mores then by the standards of today.
bball wrote: "The juice wasn't worth the squeeze."
Dun said, "You gotta be flexible. Do whatever you have to do for the best results within your limitations."

Turkeybird
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Turkeybird » Tue May 23, 2017 6:31 am

100 yrs ago the klan was a good bit different than now,both of my grandfathers were members, mostly they would confront some white trash fella that was beating his wife or neglecting his children and straighten him out, most prestigious men were silent members, but now the klan is nothing more than a bunch of white trash skin heads that go around acting like little hitlers, filled with hate for no reason,and most couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag. People who hate others just for their race or beliefs are no better than those terrorist losers president trump was calling out

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Tue May 23, 2017 9:36 am

Caustic Burno wrote:
Bestoutwest wrote:
Caustic Burno wrote:What a joke on history the sainthood of the president that wanted to deport the African to Central America.

I've read two speeches by him where he was pro slavery and anti-aircraft. He just pandered to the specific crowd.

The true irony is if the democrats had not self destructed in a power struggle he would have never seen the White House. They fractured into three groups running a norther, southern and western candidate against him.

Secondly I don't think he gave any anti air craft speechs that auto correct is a pain sometimes.

Sort of like our last election. Lincoln received 180 or 303 electoral votes. That's 60%.

Ryder
GURU
GURU

Postby Ryder » Tue May 23, 2017 5:37 pm

Bestoutwest wrote:This weekend two eras come to an end.

Today the last Confederate statue in New Orleans came down, it was of Robert E. Lee. While I don't agree with the South's decision to secede, the man was willing to die for his beliefs and was a great general. For that I respect him.

Lee was actually wanted to stay in the union, but not "At the point of a bayonet."
His first loyalty was to his state. Not the union.

Seeing the aftermath of the war he is reported to have said that rather than surrender he wished he had died with his men with his sword in his hand.
Ryder

Deo Vindice

Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Postby Son of Butch » Tue May 23, 2017 7:20 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong...
but the civil war started and ended because the southern rebels were big babies and a bunch of quitters.
Lincoln won the the election in 1860 and 7 southern states said, that's it we quit... and give me back my Fort Sumter.
President Buchanan said, Nah-uh, go to your room or I'll spank your butt and he sent supplies to reinforce U.S. troops
stationed there since 1776 by hiring a civilian steamship Star of the West to deliver the supplies. Cadets from the
Citadel in South Carolina laid in wait and opened fire on the ship entering the harbor, hitting it 3 times and the civilian
ship's captain said, they don't pay me enough to put up with this shxt and turned around and went back to her home
port in New York without delivering the needed supplies.

The south all embolden cheered... yea we're the biggest, we're the baddest we kicked that civilian ship's rudder
(slang for azz) we're entitled to do whatever we want, whenever we want, We're All Hot Shxt... Hooray Hooray
Then 3 months later in April and 3 days before Lincoln was sworn in they attacked Fort Sumter.... big victory
for the south, beating a bunch of very old toothless soldiers short on supplies who had been there since 1776

Abe (Belichek) Lincoln then became president. He asked Lee, who was on the government payroll and sucking on the
government's teat most of his adult life, to start earning his keep. Bobby replied, I'm a quitter at heart and it was on.
Till the 4th quarter and the South with Robert "Ice" Lee at qb finally said this is getting really hard and then
Tom "Sherman" Brady put the hammer down on Atlanta and the next thing you know All the trash talking big baby
rebels cried out, WE QUIT, WE QUIT and like the little pig that got none they cried wee, wee, wee all the way home.
Where they built statues, spit on Lincoln's grave, spun self aggrandizing yarns, voted for democrats, troubled their neighbors, drank moonshine, smoked meth and sing the praises of brahmas while bxtchin' all about it ever after.

Moral of the story, never cast your lot with quitters.
Last edited by Son of Butch on Wed May 24, 2017 1:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Turkeybird
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Turkeybird » Tue May 23, 2017 7:46 pm

You have gone too far!!!!!! Fill your hands you S.O.B.!!!!!!!

Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Postby Son of Butch » Tue May 23, 2017 8:01 pm

Turkeybird wrote:You have gone too far!!!!!! Fill your hands you S.O.B.!!!!!!!

Wha... Wha... What? Did I spell Belicheat wrong? :)

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Tue May 23, 2017 8:11 pm

I read a book 20 years ago about confederate soldiers who deserted and hid in the Appalachian mountains of eastern Kentucky. They formed into gangs to evade local law enforcement. The book portrayed them as the lowest sum of the earth. According the book, they lacked rudimentary dignity and civility. They murdered, raped, stole, mistreated and lived without any form of morals. As True Grit would say, they all deserved a bullet behind the ear.

Ryder
GURU
GURU

Postby Ryder » Wed May 24, 2017 4:35 am

BR did you also read a book about the confederates that did not desert but fought to the death in a valiant effort to protect their lands from the hordes of northern aggressors?
Ryder

Deo Vindice

Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Postby Son of Butch » Wed May 24, 2017 5:44 am

Bright Raven wrote:I read a book 20 years ago about confederate soldiers who deserted and hid in the Appalachian mountains of eastern Kentucky. They formed into gangs to evade local law enforcement. The book portrayed them as the lowest sum of the earth. According the book, they lacked rudimentary dignity and civility. They murdered, raped, stole, mistreated and lived without any form of morals. As True Grit would say, they all deserved a bullet behind the ear.

Raven you scoundrel you take that back, you take that back right now. Confederate soldiers were saints, saints I say.

Return to “Coffee Shop”