Page 6 of 7

Re: My deep though of the day (Dinosaurs)

Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 5:44 pm
by Bestoutwest
Caustic Burno wrote:
TexasBred wrote:
Bestoutwest wrote:
Yeah, I'm not particularly fond of southern mushmouth, either.

No big deal. Haven't seen anyone invite you to move down this way either. ;-) I couldn't care less how people talk or type as long as I can understand what they're saying. I have a drawl that won't ever change. Most take it to mean I'm stupid. They're probably more correct than they realize. :lol:


HeII TB they deduct 20 IQ points when we talk. I am trilingual myself speaking Texan, East Texan and Crossover that is where La. and Texas crossover each other.

Words migrate like battery to battree


I think the country has been conditioned to it through mass media, seriously. If you watch for it in television, you'll notice things, such as your big dumb rednecks are from the south, bad guys are typically darker skinned with a bald head/close cropped hair and some sort of small facial hair, and your white yuppy, suburbanite is usually the hero. It's not that you guys have the corner on the market for that kind of thing, there's big dumb rednecks everywhere, it's just that it's what society has come to believe through conditioning. It's too bad b/c there's a lot of good people in the south. TB is not one of them. :hide:

Re: My deep though of the day (Dinosaurs)

Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 5:48 pm
by Bright Raven
Bestoutwest wrote:
Caustic Burno wrote:
TexasBred wrote:No big deal. Haven't seen anyone invite you to move down this way either. ;-) I couldn't care less how people talk or type as long as I can understand what they're saying. I have a drawl that won't ever change. Most take it to mean I'm stupid. They're probably more correct than they realize. :lol:


HeII TB they deduct 20 IQ points when we talk. I am trilingual myself speaking Texan, East Texan and Crossover that is where La. and Texas crossover each other.

Words migrate like battery to battree


I think the country has been conditioned to it through mass media, seriously. If you watch for it in television, you'll notice things, such as your big dumb rednecks are from the south, bad guys are typically darker skinned with a bald head/close cropped hair and some sort of small facial hair, and your white yuppy, suburbanite is usually the hero. It's not that you guys have the corner on the market for that kind of thing, there's big dumb rednecks everywhere, it's just that it's what society has come to believe through conditioning. It's too bad b/c there's a lot of good people in the south. TB is not one of them. :hide:


That is good.

Re: My deep though of the day (Dinosaurs)

Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:08 pm
by ez14.
TexasBred wrote:
Bestoutwest wrote:
M-5 wrote:I have issues with people that runwordstogether yaknowwhat im talkingabout bestoutwest


Yeah, I'm not particularly fond of southern mushmouth, either.

No big deal. Haven't seen anyone invite you to move down this way either. ;-) I couldn't care less how people talk or type as long as I can understand what they're saying. I have a drawl that won't ever change. Most take it to mean I'm stupid. They're probably more correct than they realize. :lol:
the whole reason I talk or type is to communicate! So as long as you understand what I'm saying it's mission accomplished

Re: My deep though of the day (Dinosaurs)

Posted: Sat May 20, 2017 7:56 am
by HDRider
I'mfixintotellya'llI'mgonnahavetotakeissuewiththis.

Re: My deep though of the day (Dinosaurs)

Posted: Sat May 20, 2017 8:11 am
by greybeard
HDRider wrote:I'mfixintotellya'llI'mgonnahavetotakeissuewiththis.

I see this more and more often, as the populous moves to hand held devices.
I've watched (even here at CT) educated adults who once used good grammar, punctuation, and spelling, move from a laptop or PC to an iPhone and you would think they had suddenly regressed to being 5th graders.

Re: My deep though of the day (Dinosaurs)

Posted: Sat May 20, 2017 9:08 am
by TexasBred
HDRider wrote:I'mfixintotellya'llI'mgonnahavetotakeissuewiththis.


Yougottabeshytin'me !!!! :lol2:

Re: My deep though of the day (Dinosaurs)

Posted: Sun May 21, 2017 8:13 am
by red angus 2010
D2Cat wrote:I'm repowering a Bobcat with a Kubota that had a Perkins in it. A friend comes out sometimes to "help". When ever I need to modify or fabricate something he wants to go home and machine the part. He has the ability to complicate anything! He has to have everything on a CAD program before he starts. I just tell him this is not a spaceship! I end up making something that works while he's standing there telling me how this part needs to do that, and then add this, then adjust that, then I can make that out of alum...

I'm sure he has OCD, or something similar. Must be a difficult life to have to have everything just "so" all the time.


I am like your friend. Mine comes from growing up and being told in school that I couldn't pursue a career because I wasn't "smart enough". They were wrong and I excelled in college after I got away from a bunch of ---holes. My profession required four days of examinations (8 - 12) hours each day. I passed one section (structural engineering - long span) without studying. But I cannot shake that little voice inside me that still has to prove they were wrong. When I have a repair to make on the farm I engineer it to a part that could easily be used on the space shuttle. I think I do that because I don't want it to fail and then think "see they were right you are stupid".

I will admit I think there is something wrong with me. I hope I am wrong but I am always counting things especially when I drive I will see vertical things like poles and count in groups of four sometime for a good portion of the trip.

Not trying to tell a sob story, just thought it might help you understand your friend.

Re: My deep though of the day (Dinosaurs)

Posted: Sun May 21, 2017 8:31 am
by TexasBred
red angus 2010 wrote:I will admit I think there is something wrong with me. I hope I am wrong but I am always counting things especially when I drive I will see vertical things like poles and count in groups of four sometime for a good portion of the trip.

Not trying to tell a sob story, just thought it might help you understand your friend.


Glad to hear you say this Angus..as long as I can remember I have counted things..everything !!! Birds flying over in a group, people standing in a group, cars in a parking lot. If there is more than one I'm going to count it. No idea why. :???:

Re: My deep though of the day (Dinosaurs)

Posted: Sun May 21, 2017 8:38 am
by Bright Raven
TexasBred wrote:
red angus 2010 wrote:I will admit I think there is something wrong with me. I hope I am wrong but I am always counting things especially when I drive I will see vertical things like poles and count in groups of four sometime for a good portion of the trip.

Not trying to tell a sob story, just thought it might help you understand your friend.


Glad to hear you say this Angus..as long as I can remember I have counted things..everything !!! Birds flying over in a group, people standing in a group, cars in a parking lot. If there is more than one I'm going to count it. No idea why. :???:


It must be common. I am always assessing quantity and quality. Driving by a hayfield - wonder how many rolls it will make? How good is that crop of tobacco? Wonder how many pounds per acre it will make?

Re: My deep though of the day (Dinosaurs)

Posted: Sun May 21, 2017 11:45 am
by D2Cat
Angus, I guess we all take something that happens in our life and interpret it differently.

When some one tells me it can be done, it a red flag syndrome. Get out of the way, because I will get it done, or die trying! And my goal is to use what I have at hand, but if I need something specific I get it (means going to town) I don't cobble things together.

If man made something, it can be made better. Once you see how it works it pretty easy to see how to modify something to improve something about it.

I have this mental image of how to accomplish something no matter how difficult it may be. I imagine if I was in prison and had a finger nail file what would I do? Start filing....sometime later I'd have a bar cut.

I go over this picture when I'm getting the twine out of a baler bearing, or clean the wadded up hay in the baler, or cleaning all the debris out of a water gap... Even cutting hay, I think I could put in one gear faster..then think...if something breaks I have to go to town, find the part, fix it...nope I'll just keep the pace and get it done without a breakdown.

Now something weird, I can stand and be talking to someone and often find a nail or piece of wire laying right there on the ground.

Re: My deep though of the day (Dinosaurs)

Posted: Sun May 21, 2017 1:56 pm
by ez14.
TexasBred wrote:
red angus 2010 wrote:I will admit I think there is something wrong with me. I hope I am wrong but I am always counting things especially when I drive I will see vertical things like poles and count in groups of four sometime for a good portion of the trip.

Not trying to tell a sob story, just thought it might help you understand your friend.


Glad to hear you say this Angus..as long as I can remember I have counted things..everything !!! Birds flying over in a group, people standing in a group, cars in a parking lot. If there is more than one I'm going to count it. No idea why. :???:
i count the yellow passing zone lines (dots)

Re: My deep though of the day (Dinosaurs)

Posted: Mon May 22, 2017 7:44 am
by WalnutCrest
I like doing math in my head ... and making change easy for cashiers.

The joke at my house is that this is how my wife will know is time to put me in a home ... when I'm getting the making-change math wrong!

Re: My deep though of the day (Dinosaurs)

Posted: Mon May 22, 2017 8:27 am
by Craig Miller
ez14. wrote:
TexasBred wrote:
red angus 2010 wrote:I will admit I think there is something wrong with me. I hope I am wrong but I am always counting things especially when I drive I will see vertical things like poles and count in groups of four sometime for a good portion of the trip.

Not trying to tell a sob story, just thought it might help you understand your friend.


Glad to hear you say this Angus..as long as I can remember I have counted things..everything !!! Birds flying over in a group, people standing in a group, cars in a parking lot. If there is more than one I'm going to count it. No idea why. :???:
i count the yellow passing zone lines (dots)


How many do you need to pass

Re: My deep though of the day (Dinosaurs)

Posted: Mon May 22, 2017 8:31 am
by M-5
what do you do when you loose count ?? turn around and start over ??

Re: My deep though of the day (Dinosaurs)

Posted: Mon May 22, 2017 8:35 am
by ez14.
Craig Miller wrote:
ez14. wrote:
TexasBred wrote:
Glad to hear you say this Angus..as long as I can remember I have counted things..everything !!! Birds flying over in a group, people standing in a group, cars in a parking lot. If there is more than one I'm going to count it. No idea why. :???:
i count the yellow passing zone lines (dots)


How many do you need to pass
how many do i need to pass for what?

M-5 wrote:what do you do when you loose count ?? turn around and start over ??
:nod: :lol:

no i just keep going tell i get to the next passing zone