My deep though of the day (Dinosaurs)

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Re: My deep though of the day (Dinosaurs)

Postby greybeard » Mon May 22, 2017 9:00 am

ez14. wrote:
TexasBred wrote:
red angus 2010 wrote:I will admit I think there is something wrong with me. I hope I am wrong but I am always counting things especially when I drive I will see vertical things like poles and count in groups of four sometime for a good portion of the trip.

Not trying to tell a sob story, just thought it might help you understand your friend.

Glad to hear you say this Angus..as long as I can remember I have counted things..everything !!! Birds flying over in a group, people standing in a group, cars in a parking lot. If there is more than one I'm going to count it. No idea why. :???:
i count the yellow passing zone lines (dots)

You need to get into a more comfortable zone. Obviously, you're driving too slow.
"Now the boys all thought that I'd lost my sense
Them telephone poles looked like a picket fence
They said "Slow down, I see spots!"
The lines on the road just looked like dots
"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3R7l7nDuj1o
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

ez14.
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby ez14. » Mon May 22, 2017 9:06 am

greybeard wrote:
ez14. wrote:
TexasBred wrote:
Glad to hear you say this Angus..as long as I can remember I have counted things..everything !!! Birds flying over in a group, people standing in a group, cars in a parking lot. If there is more than one I'm going to count it. No idea why. :???:
i count the yellow passing zone lines (dots)

You need to get into a more comfortable zone. Obviously, you're driving too slow.
"Now the boys all thought that I'd lost my sense
Them telephone poles looked like a picket fence
They said "Slow down, I see spots!"
The lines on the road just looked like dots
"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3R7l7nDuj1o
:lol: i used to listen to that song a lot
0 x

melking
GURU
GURU

Postby melking » Mon May 22, 2017 9:12 am

I work out the math in my head when I am driving anywhere. I will see a sign say a certain number of miles to something and I spend the next several minutes breaking it down to how many seconds it will take to get there, then start over by thinking, if I changed my speed to 1 mile an hour faster.....
0 x
One thing you will never hear a southern boy say....Duct tape won't fix that, except, even duct tape can't fix stupid. It can, however, muffle it.

ez14.
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby ez14. » Mon May 22, 2017 9:14 am

melking wrote:I work out the math in my head when I am driving anywhere. I will see a sign say a certain number of miles to something and I spend the next several minutes breaking it down to how many seconds it will take to get there, then start over by thinking, if I changed my speed to 1 mile an hour faster.....

my head would explode after doing that for a while! i need simpler things then that :lol:
0 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Mon May 22, 2017 9:45 am

melking wrote:I work out the math in my head when I am driving anywhere. I will see a sign say a certain number of miles to something and I spend the next several minutes breaking it down to how many seconds it will take to get there, then start over by thinking, if I changed my speed to 1 mile an hour faster.....

I just calculate "Do I have time for another cold beer". :lol: :lol:
0 x
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

WalnutCrest
GURU
GURU

Postby WalnutCrest » Mon May 22, 2017 1:32 pm

Similar ... when filling up, I pre-pay for a fixed amount of gas / diesel and then try to figure out, to the nearest 100th, the number of gallons I'll be getting when I hit my pre-paid amount.
0 x
Fullblood Aubrac & Mashona Cattle

melking
GURU
GURU

Postby melking » Mon May 22, 2017 1:48 pm

When I am mowing one of the bigger fields, I will time my mowing for once around and then try to figure out how long it will take for the 4th or 5th round coming up. Once in a great while I get close.
0 x
One thing you will never hear a southern boy say....Duct tape won't fix that, except, even duct tape can't fix stupid. It can, however, muffle it.

Lazy M
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Lazy M » Mon May 22, 2017 8:49 pm

What a waste of time, I thought this thread was supposed to be about dinosaurs?
0 x

red angus 2010
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby red angus 2010 » Tue May 23, 2017 7:30 pm

Lazy M wrote:What a waste of time, I thought this thread was supposed to be about dinosaurs?

It is, the dinosaurs were also very meticulous about counting their heads exploded and that's what killed the dinosaurs
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Tue May 23, 2017 7:50 pm

red angus 2010 wrote:
Lazy M wrote:What a waste of time, I thought this thread was supposed to be about dinosaurs?

It is, the dinosaurs were also very meticulous about counting their heads exploded and that's what killed the dinosaurs

I see a change in this forum! Everyone is a comedian. :lol:
0 x

Return to “Coffee Shop”