My deep though of the day (Dinosaurs)

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Re: My deep though of the day (Dinosaurs)

Postby greybeard » Mon May 22, 2017 9:00 am

ez14. wrote:
TexasBred wrote:
red angus 2010 wrote:I will admit I think there is something wrong with me. I hope I am wrong but I am always counting things especially when I drive I will see vertical things like poles and count in groups of four sometime for a good portion of the trip.

Not trying to tell a sob story, just thought it might help you understand your friend.

Glad to hear you say this Angus..as long as I can remember I have counted things..everything !!! Birds flying over in a group, people standing in a group, cars in a parking lot. If there is more than one I'm going to count it. No idea why. :???:
i count the yellow passing zone lines (dots)

You need to get into a more comfortable zone. Obviously, you're driving too slow.
"Now the boys all thought that I'd lost my sense
Them telephone poles looked like a picket fence
They said "Slow down, I see spots!"
The lines on the road just looked like dots
"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3R7l7nDuj1o
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

ez14.
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby ez14. » Mon May 22, 2017 9:06 am

greybeard wrote:
ez14. wrote:
TexasBred wrote:
Glad to hear you say this Angus..as long as I can remember I have counted things..everything !!! Birds flying over in a group, people standing in a group, cars in a parking lot. If there is more than one I'm going to count it. No idea why. :???:
i count the yellow passing zone lines (dots)

You need to get into a more comfortable zone. Obviously, you're driving too slow.
"Now the boys all thought that I'd lost my sense
Them telephone poles looked like a picket fence
They said "Slow down, I see spots!"
The lines on the road just looked like dots
"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3R7l7nDuj1o
:lol: i used to listen to that song a lot

melking
GURU
GURU

Postby melking » Mon May 22, 2017 9:12 am

I work out the math in my head when I am driving anywhere. I will see a sign say a certain number of miles to something and I spend the next several minutes breaking it down to how many seconds it will take to get there, then start over by thinking, if I changed my speed to 1 mile an hour faster.....
One thing you will never hear a southern boy say....Duct tape won't fix that, except, even duct tape can't fix stupid. It can, however, muffle it.

ez14.
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby ez14. » Mon May 22, 2017 9:14 am

melking wrote:I work out the math in my head when I am driving anywhere. I will see a sign say a certain number of miles to something and I spend the next several minutes breaking it down to how many seconds it will take to get there, then start over by thinking, if I changed my speed to 1 mile an hour faster.....

my head would explode after doing that for a while! i need simpler things then that :lol:

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Mon May 22, 2017 9:45 am

melking wrote:I work out the math in my head when I am driving anywhere. I will see a sign say a certain number of miles to something and I spend the next several minutes breaking it down to how many seconds it will take to get there, then start over by thinking, if I changed my speed to 1 mile an hour faster.....

I just calculate "Do I have time for another cold beer". :lol: :lol:
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

WalnutCrest
GURU
GURU

Postby WalnutCrest » Mon May 22, 2017 1:32 pm

Similar ... when filling up, I pre-pay for a fixed amount of gas / diesel and then try to figure out, to the nearest 100th, the number of gallons I'll be getting when I hit my pre-paid amount.
Fullblood Aubrac & Mashona Cattle

melking
GURU
GURU

Postby melking » Mon May 22, 2017 1:48 pm

When I am mowing one of the bigger fields, I will time my mowing for once around and then try to figure out how long it will take for the 4th or 5th round coming up. Once in a great while I get close.
One thing you will never hear a southern boy say....Duct tape won't fix that, except, even duct tape can't fix stupid. It can, however, muffle it.

Lazy M
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Lazy M » Mon May 22, 2017 8:49 pm

What a waste of time, I thought this thread was supposed to be about dinosaurs?

red angus 2010
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby red angus 2010 » Tue May 23, 2017 7:30 pm

Lazy M wrote:What a waste of time, I thought this thread was supposed to be about dinosaurs?

It is, the dinosaurs were also very meticulous about counting their heads exploded and that's what killed the dinosaurs

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Tue May 23, 2017 7:50 pm

red angus 2010 wrote:
Lazy M wrote:What a waste of time, I thought this thread was supposed to be about dinosaurs?

It is, the dinosaurs were also very meticulous about counting their heads exploded and that's what killed the dinosaurs

I see a change in this forum! Everyone is a comedian. :lol:

Return to “Coffee Shop”