My deep though of the day (Dinosaurs)

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
cowboy43
GURU
GURU

My deep though of the day (Dinosaurs)

Postby cowboy43 » Wed May 17, 2017 12:34 pm

I just read that scientist think that if the astroid that hit land 65 million years ago and caused the extinction of the dinosaurs had hit a matter of seconds later or earlier it would have gone into the ocean thus the impact would have been absorbed by the waters and would not have caused the extinction of the dinosaurs. It makes you realize how fragile live is and how a second in life matters. How different life on earth would be if dinosaurs had lived. :cboy:
0 x

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Re: My deep though of the day (Dinosaurs)

Postby Caustic Burno » Wed May 17, 2017 12:43 pm

Like they know.
They can't tell you what's in tomorrow's weather forecast.
0 x
I am the NRA
Brimmer Pimp

ez14.
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby ez14. » Wed May 17, 2017 1:10 pm

Caustic Burno wrote:Like they know.

Dang right :nod:
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Wed May 17, 2017 1:17 pm

ez14. wrote:
Caustic Burno wrote:Like they know.

Dang right :nod:

ez14. You are in danger of lowering your position in life to being a "yes" man. Or in this case a "dang right" man. You are young. Realize that after falling into that pattern, it is what you really are! If that is what you aspire to be, carry on.
0 x

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Wed May 17, 2017 1:32 pm

cowboy43 wrote:I just read that scientist think that if the astroid that hit land 65 million years ago and caused the extinction of the dinosaurs had hit a matter of seconds later or earlier it would have gone into the ocean thus the impact would have been absorbed by the waters and would not have caused the extinction of the dinosaurs. It makes you realize how fragile live is and how a second in life matters. How different life on earth would be if dinosaurs had lived. :cboy:

That's like my wife telling me "If you had let me drive, we wouldn't have hit that hog Christmas morning because we would have been 5 miles further down the road before he ran across the road--I drive a lot faster than you do".

'Matter of seconds" in that asteroid case was probably a LOT of seconds and probably earlier, not later, due the the direction of rotation the Earth turns.
The asteroid did impact the ocean, or what is now the gulf of mexico and Caribbean.
Yucatan was under water 65 million years ago.

0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Wed May 17, 2017 4:39 pm

Good to hear from you cowboy 43.
0 x
The more I work the luckier I get...TexasBred

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

Alan
GURU
GURU

Postby Alan » Wed May 17, 2017 4:51 pm

Dinosaurs had it coming and because they did I had bacon and eggs this morning!
0 x
I'm not afraid of hard work, I can lay down next to it and fall asleep without a problem.

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Wed May 17, 2017 4:54 pm

Alan wrote:Dinosaurs had it coming and because they did I had bacon and eggs this morning!

Well I had sausage and eggs.
0 x
The more I work the luckier I get...TexasBred

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

Alan
GURU
GURU

Postby Alan » Wed May 17, 2017 5:08 pm

callmefence wrote:
Alan wrote:Dinosaurs had it coming and because they did I had bacon and eggs this morning!

Well I had sausage and eggs.

Sorry, just my deep thought...... how much potential bacon, sausage and ham could T-Rex eat in a day? Miss Piggy didn't stand a chance! :shock:
0 x
I'm not afraid of hard work, I can lay down next to it and fall asleep without a problem.

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Wed May 17, 2017 5:31 pm

cowboy43 wrote:I just read that scientist think that if the astroid that hit land 65 million years ago and caused the extinction of the dinosaurs had hit a matter of seconds later or earlier it would have gone into the ocean thus the impact would have been absorbed by the waters and would not have caused the extinction of the dinosaurs. It makes you realize how fragile live is and how a second in life matters. How different life on earth would be if dinosaurs had lived. :cboy:

Instead of cowboys and cowgirls: dinoboys and dinogirls.

If dinosaurs had not become extinct for whatever reason they did, would the primates have ascended to the level they did? If primates had not ascended, mankind would not exist.
0 x

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Wed May 17, 2017 5:42 pm

Bright Raven wrote:

If dinosaurs had not become extinct for whatever reason they did, would the primates have ascended to the level they did? If primates had not ascended, mankind would not exist.

I fully believe you descend from a monkey for the rest of us without a prehensile tail I believe in divine intervention.
0 x
I am the NRA
Brimmer Pimp

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Wed May 17, 2017 5:46 pm

Caustic Burno wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:

I fully believe you descend from a monkey for the rest of us without a prehensile tail I believe in divine intervention.

The wonder of the mind is that there is no boundaries to what one can believe.
0 x

ga.prime
GURU
GURU

Postby ga.prime » Wed May 17, 2017 6:27 pm

Ever been to that gold mine of a tourist trap in Arizona called Meteor Crater located next door to Petrified Forest National Park in Arizona?
0 x
where'd it come from, how'd it get there?

Stanford777
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Stanford777 » Wed May 17, 2017 7:43 pm

Caustic Burno wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:

CB, I just wanted to let u know, ur my hero.
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Wed May 17, 2017 7:48 pm

Stanford777 wrote:
Caustic Burno wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:

CB, I just wanted to let u know, ur my hero.

8) yes. He is quite the hero.
0 x

Return to “Coffee Shop”