Packin Heat when mowing the lawn

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Re: Packin Heat when mowing the lawn

Postby Son of Butch » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:43 pm

littletom wrote:If I felt like I had to pack a gun for my safety mowing my yard. I think I would throw in the towel and move.

And I sure wouldn't encourage you to use weed and seed products.

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:47 pm

Jogeephus wrote:I don't but I always carry a bottle of whiskey and a MOAB in my pocket whenever I'm mowing the grass and whoever I encounter can either drink with me or die with me. Its their choice.

Most eventful thing that ever happened to me while mowing grass was a woman came out of nowhere and drug me in the house and had her way with me. I told her No, Don't, Stop but she ravaged me like I was just some man toy and left me so tired I couldn't finish mowing the grass and to throw salt on the wound she drank the last of my whiskey and rendered my MOAB useless for a good spell.

Strange times we live in.

Strange indeed Jo. I've of late, come to the conclusion, that if I had a dollar for every woman that found me unattractive, they'd find me attractive...
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke
"The hottest places in Hades are for those who in time of great moral crises remain neutral" Dante

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:56 am

littletom wrote:If I felt like I had to pack a gun for my safety mowing my yard. I think I would throw in the towel and move.

I don't think a rattlesnake, dog, coon or any other varmint that needs killing will wait on me to get back with a gun while I'm mowing the yard. There's a olé saying that directly relates to packing heat, " I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it " As a matter of fact, I got to walk outside and kill a coon right now.
Your head should be used for more than a hat rack.

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:03 am

You must live in a very sheltered place or your eyes are closed to what is happening in this country.
We have nearly lost an entire generation to opioids or meth.
Never thought I would see the day half the church is packin including the ladies.
I know of no one that lives in my area that isn't carrying, if you dial 911 it will be half an hour at best before help arrives. That is just the two legged varmits we are ate up with rattlesnake as well.
I am the NRA

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:08 am

Won't have any more problems out of this one.
Your head should be used for more than a hat rack.

TennesseeTuxedo
GURU
GURU

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:17 am

Bigfoot wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
Bigfoot wrote:I've dropped my daughter off at some function, and I'm parked on the side of a busy street anxiously waiting her return. The clientele walking past my truck makes me wish I had my fowling piece, and a box of double ought, instead of this single six.

You're in a truck with a pistol yet your daughter walks amoungst them?

Ahhhhhh we mock that which we do not understand.

I dropped her in the front door, and drove to a parking space. The way I was dressed would have actually caused trouble. Best I just stayed low.

Nobody mocked you tiny.

Till now.
The more I read here the less I know.

Farm Fence Solutions
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Farm Fence Solutions » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:22 am

Seatbelts, life jackets, and a good concealed handgun........If you need one and don't have it, there's a good chance you'll never need one again.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

plumber_greg
GURU
GURU

Postby plumber_greg » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:35 am

Carry a gun mowing???
We don't even lock our house when we go on vacation for a couple of weeks.
The parents of the children around here were raised by us, are a reflection of us, and wouldn't do anything to hurt their grandparents or make anyone ashamed of them.
No generation of meth heads around here.
I know people move in to an area, but maybe some should look at how they raised their children and how they themselves act.
Heck, 911 may not even show up the same day they're called around here.
What kind of example did you set? Maybe all the gun carrying and fear around you guys isn't helping things. This will, I sure, PO a bunch of you. Please don't shoot me. gs
Just call me plumberscrack

Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jogeephus » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:51 am

greybeard wrote:Strange indeed Jo. I've of late, come to the conclusion, that if I had a dollar for every woman that found me unattractive, they'd find me attractive...

:lol2: :lol2: Funny how that works. Its sortof like when a man drinks a beer for every ugly woman in a bar before long they are all pretty. Or so I've been told.
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

HDRider
GURU
GURU

Postby HDRider » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:17 am

Funny stuff CM & Jo
bball wrote: "The juice wasn't worth the squeeze."
Dun said, "You gotta be flexible. Do whatever you have to do for the best results within your limitations."

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:27 am

I gotta say, I feel more threated by the radical extremism of the conservatives here than the meth heads. I use the term conservative loosely as it is not a fair term.

Not only are they annoying in their never-ending search for things to whine about but many border on the edge of such radical ideology that they are only a millimeter removed form the type of dogma you observe in Islamic radicals.

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:29 am

are you a sheep or a wolf ?????????? its pretty simple in my mind. I do not live in fear, I know where I am going when my time comes. if you do not ever venture out into public or travel in town then I could see your point. I will ask you sheep this if you saw a crime being committed and some poor soul was being victimized would you intervene or just say "your life sucks" ???? How about the gentleman that shot the criminal last yr that was trying to kill a police officer many of you would have been SOL if you had of happened by at that time. there are lots of videos where a concealed carry patriot protected sheep or stopped a violent crime from happening because they were carrying. Its your choice but if the good Lord gives you a challenge or opportunity to help or protect individuals how will you score on that test ????
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

ga.prime
GURU
GURU

Postby ga.prime » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:42 am

Bright Raven wrote:I gotta say, I feel more threated by the radical extremism of the conservatives here than the meth heads. I use the term conservative loosely as it is not a fair term.

Not only are they annoying in their never-ending search for things to whine about but many border on the edge of such radical ideology that they are only a millimeter removed form the type of dogma you observe in Islamic radicals.

The lunatic fringe, BR.
where'd it come from, how'd it get there?

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:50 am

M-5 wrote:are you a sheep or a wolf ?????????? its pretty simple in my mind. I do not live in fear, I know where I am going when my time comes. if you do not ever venture out into public or travel in town then I could see your point. I will ask you sheep this if you saw a crime being committed and some poor soul was being victimized would you intervene or just say "your life sucks" ???? How about the gentleman that shot the criminal last yr that was trying to kill a police officer many of you would have been SOL if you had of happened by at that time. there are lots of videos where a concealed carry patriot protected sheep or stopped a violent crime from happening because they were carrying. Its your choice but if the good Lord gives you a challenge or opportunity to help or protect individuals how will you score on that test ????

I assume you are a wolf? I guess it is pretty simple in your mind.

Do you trust these "people too stupid to live" to carry a firearm? I could pull up at least two of your previous posts where you characterize people as "too stupid to live". Yet, you would trust them to intervene in circumstances where lethal force is being employed!!!

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Bigfoot » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:55 am

Bright Raven wrote:I gotta say, I feel more threated by the radical extremism of the conservatives here than the meth heads. I use the term conservative loosely as it is not a fair term.

I mow the yard, with the hammer on an empty chamber.
A tumble bug makes a hard livin. Why? Cause that's just the way be nice is.

Return to “Coffee Shop”