Packin Heat when mowing the lawn

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
M-5
GURU
GURU

Re: Packin Heat when mowing the lawn

Postby M-5 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:05 am

Bright Raven wrote:
M-5 wrote:are you a sheep or a wolf ?????????? its pretty simple in my mind. I do not live in fear, I know where I am going when my time comes. if you do not ever venture out into public or travel in town then I could see your point. I will ask you sheep this if you saw a crime being committed and some poor soul was being victimized would you intervene or just say "your life sucks" ???? How about the gentleman that shot the criminal last yr that was trying to kill a police officer many of you would have been SOL if you had of happened by at that time. there are lots of videos where a concealed carry patriot protected sheep or stopped a violent crime from happening because they were carrying. Its your choice but if the good Lord gives you a challenge or opportunity to help or protect individuals how will you score on that test ????

I assume you are a wolf? I guess it is pretty simple in your mind.

Do you trust these "people too stupid to live" to carry a firearm? I could pull up at least two of your previous posts where you characterize people as "too stupid to live". Yet, you would trust them to intervene in circumstances where lethal force is being employed!!!

People that are "too stupid to are live" are part of the reason I carry . I can only trust what Im am in control of.
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:13 am

M-5 wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:
M-5 wrote:are you a sheep or a wolf ?????????? its pretty simple in my mind. I do not live in fear, I know where I am going when my time comes. if you do not ever venture out into public or travel in town then I could see your point. I will ask you sheep this if you saw a crime being committed and some poor soul was being victimized would you intervene or just say "your life sucks" ???? How about the gentleman that shot the criminal last yr that was trying to kill a police officer many of you would have been SOL if you had of happened by at that time. there are lots of videos where a concealed carry patriot protected sheep or stopped a violent crime from happening because they were carrying. Its your choice but if the good Lord gives you a challenge or opportunity to help or protect individuals how will you score on that test ????

I assume you are a wolf? I guess it is pretty simple in your mind.

Do you trust these "people too stupid to live" to carry a firearm? I could pull up at least two of your previous posts where you characterize people as "too stupid to live". Yet, you would trust them to intervene in circumstances where lethal force is being employed!!!

People that are "too stupid to are live" are part of the reason I carry . I can only trust what Im am in control of.

Ok

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:18 am

M-5.

In the "grand scheme of things", there is nothing you "control". You may be deluded thinking you do, but you DON'T.

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:22 am

Bright Raven wrote:M-5.

In the "grand scheme of things", there is nothing you "control". You may be deluded thinking you do, but you DON'T.

Your world that may be true but In reality I have been given free will and with that I can make decisions whether good or bad. Did you see what I did right there ??? I used control not to say what I really thought about your comment
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:32 am

M-5 wrote:

Your world that may be true but In reality I have been given free will and with that I can make decisions whether good or bad. Did you see what I did right there ??? I used control not to say what I really thought about your comment

I did see that. I can appreciate that many consider supernatural phenomenon an exception.

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:35 am

ga.prime wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:I gotta say, I feel more threated by the radical extremism of the conservatives here than the meth heads. I use the term conservative loosely as it is not a fair term.

Not only are they annoying in their never-ending search for things to whine about but many border on the edge of such radical ideology that they are only a millimeter removed form the type of dogma you observe in Islamic radicals.

The lunatic fringe, BR.

Yes. There has to be a population to populate the fringe of the bell curve. Unfortunately, that one end gets a little too heavy in some circles. :)

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:55 am

That's the govt employment history in you that's speaking now.
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Ol' 243
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Ol' 243 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:00 am

I don't lock my house either, but I always have a rifle and a pistol in both of my trucks, and always have a pistol in my pocket.

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:06 am

Bright Raven wrote:
M-5 wrote:

I did see that. I can appreciate that many consider supernatural phenomenon an exception.

yet you say nothing is in my control so by your theory Everything just happens willy nilly. For someone that brags about how smart they are you are not using your grey matter very wisely.

dun
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dun » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:23 am

I don;t mow the lawn so don;t have to worry about it.
"“The more you know, the more you know you don't know.” ― Aristotle

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:40 am

M-5 wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:
M-5 wrote:

yet you say nothing is in my control so by your theory Everything just happens willy nilly. For someone that brags about how smart they are you are not using your grey matter very wisely.

Never said anything happens willy nilly. I didn't say a person cannot make choices. For example, I can put fertilizer on a hay field to increase the yield. The post was philosophical. That implies it is something to think about. You should try it sometime. It is really quite pleasant. :D

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:57 am

Those that don't carry will be the first to cut and run. A unarmed person is as useless, when it comes to stopping dogs attacking kids or the elderly. I figure 90% of the people will just sit on their hands instead of getting involved in helping someone out.
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:03 am

Bright Raven wrote:
M-5 wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:

Never said anything happens willy nilly. I didn't say a person cannot make choices. For example, I can put fertilizer on a hay field to increase the yield. The post was philosophical. That implies it is something to think about. You should try it sometime. It is really quite pleasant. :D

I do ponder why anyone that can see the beauty and wonders of all this creation and be so ignorant and believe Something that has not been proven as facts either.

Hunter
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Hunter » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:31 am

True Grit Farms wrote:Those that don't carry will be the first to cut and run. A unarmed person is as useless, when it comes to stopping dogs attacking kids or the elderly. I figure 90% of the people will just sit on their hands instead of getting involved in helping someone out.

I am not so sure about this. I have read about plenty of unarmed people that help in a time of need.
Maybe not as fast but far from useless. If one has not practiced actually shooting that pistol they own they could be just as dangerous as that dog doing the mauling.

Dave
GURU
GURU

Postby Dave » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:41 am

littletom wrote:If I felt like I had to pack a gun for my safety mowing my yard. I think I would throw in the towel and move.

+1 The only time I am packing is when I go hunting or sighting in the guns. And those times it is always long guns. I only own two pistol. One is an old Colt Peace Maker that has been in the family for well over 100 years. The other is an H&R 22 revolver I used to shot coyotes when I ran a long line trap line. I have never shot the Colt and it had been over 10 years since I shot the 22.
The house is unlocked, the keys are in the car, pickup, tractor, and quad. I go to town but avoid the cities with a passion. There is a loaded 22 in the house for varmits and a 12 ga with double ought in the closet. I have said before that either things are a lot worse in other parts of the country or there are a lot of paranoid people. And if are things are so bad that you have to pack while mowing the lawn, I don't understand why you haven't moved.

Return to “Coffee Shop”