Packin Heat when mowing the lawn

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Packin Heat when mowing the lawn

Postby Bright Raven » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:41 pm

Not taking about the Bull - Packin Heat. I want to know if anyone reading this packs a firearm while mowing their lawn.

Son of Butch posted this on another thread. To avoid tainting a pleasant thread about Andrew's vacation, I brought the post here:

Son of Butch wrote:Glad to hear your report of an amazing trip and meeting some friendly good people. :banana:

Imagine that... no feeling the need to pull a gun, by getting scared because someone walked past you on the way to
their car. By reading comments from some posters on here you'd think you would have to be extra lucky not to have
at least 1 family member shot or attacked when visiting America for more than a week :)

I worked with a man who claims he packed his Colt Government .45 ACP even when he mowed the grass. He was a wild sort with a big shaggy unkempt beard and big belly hanging over the family jewels. I always pictured him with no shirt, sweat streaming down his face, big belly riding his pants over, pushing a lawn mower and a Colt Government .45 ACP buried under his love handles.

If you need to throw up, I understand.

Cross-7
GURU
GURU

Re: Packin Heat when mowing the lawn

Postby Cross-7 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:51 pm

My oldest when he's not at the station has a landscaping and mowing business.
He also has a little kubota and mows some acerage.
He was shredding some property in the country and some guys pulled up and asked where Craig was.
He told them he hasn't seen him.
They said I know your Craig and we want our money.
This went back and forth until he pulled out his drivers license and showed them he wasn't Craig.
He told me he'd never be in that position again and got his CHL

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:53 pm

Yes..
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:01 pm

The only time I'm not carrying is when I'm in my birthday suit. In my opinion anyone who doesn't carry is a fool and doesn't value their life. To me it's just another tool that I hope I'll never need.
Your head should be used for more than a hat rack.

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:05 pm

Cross-7 wrote:My oldest when he's not at the station has a landscaping and mowing business.
He was shredding some property in the country and some guys pulled up and asked where Craig was.
This went back and forth until he pulled out his drivers license and showed them he wasn't Craig.

Cross. He must have been looking for the guy I worked with. His name was Craig but we all called him Chris Farley.

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:50 pm

[quote="True Grit Farms"]The only time I'm not carrying is when I'm in my birthday suit. [quote]

Thanks for that mental image..... :cry2:
How many a man has dated a new era in his life from the reading of a book. ~Henry David Thoreau

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:14 pm

There's always a gun on me
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:15 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:The only time I'm not carrying is when I'm in my birthday suit. In my opinion anyone who doesn't carry is a fool and doesn't value their life. To me it's just another tool that I hope I'll never need.

+1
I am the NRA

TennesseeTuxedo
GURU
GURU

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:26 pm

Lol, I'm just a fool I suppose. Never been skert enough to carry.

I'd probably reconsider if I found myself having to work or travel in dark, desolate, and dangerous places. But for now I don't.
The more I read here the less I know.

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:48 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:The only time I'm not carrying is when I'm in my birthday suit. In my opinion anyone who doesn't carry is a fool and doesn't value their life. To me it's just another tool that I hope I'll never need.

Its a matter of convenience for me rather than not having value for my life. There is a limitation on what I can carry. I prioritize. Here is what I carry in order of importance:

1. Handkerchief - I would rather be shot than be without one.
2. Pocket knife - handy as a tool and if all else fails, can be used to commit Harry Carry.
3. Pint of Buffalo Trace - antiseptic and whatever ails me.
4. Defibrillator - at my age, a heart attack is more likely than being assaulted.
5. Large telephone book - can be used as a shield in a knife attack.
6. Small inflatable raft in case of a flash flood.
7. Fingernail clippers - I can handle a person pointing a gun at me but a broken nail causes me severe anxiety.

A gun is number 8. But I rarely go that high. In fact, I sometimes only take the handkerchief.
Last edited by Bright Raven on Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:51 pm

Must be a big purse then if you carry all that
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Bigfoot » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:56 pm

I've dropped my daughter off at some function, and I'm parked on the side of a busy street anxiously waiting her return. The clientele walking past my truck makes me wish I had my fowling piece, and a box of double ought, instead of this single six.
A tumble bug makes a hard livin. Why? Cause that's just the way be nice is.

JSCATTLE
GURU
GURU

Postby JSCATTLE » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:02 pm

The only time I don't have my pistol is when I'm going to work . I can't carry in the plant and we drive to our control room.
God bless America .. 1/20/17 ..

Craig Miller
GURU
GURU

Postby Craig Miller » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:12 pm

Bright Raven wrote:Its a matter of convenience for me rather than not having value for my life. There is a limitation on what I can carry. I prioritize. Here is what I carry in order of importance:

1. Handkerchief - I would rather be shot than be without one.
2. Pocket knife - handy as a tool and if all else fails, can be used to commit Harry Carry.
3. Pint of Buffalo Trace - antiseptic and whatever ails me.
4. Defibrillator - at my age, a heart attack is more likely than being assaulted.
5. Large telephone book - can be used as a shield in a knife attack.
6. Small inflatable raft in case of a flash flood.
7. Fingernail clippers - I can handle a person pointing a gun at me but a broken nail causes me severe anxiety.

A gun is number 8. But I rarely go that high. In fact, I sometimes only take the handkerchief.

A man's got to have priorities Bright Raven

Craig Miller
GURU
GURU

Postby Craig Miller » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:13 pm

Cross-7 wrote:My oldest when he's not at the station has a landscaping and mowing business.

I'm right cheer.

Return to “Coffee Shop”