Thank goodness their home

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Thank goodness their home

Postby ALACOWMAN » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:29 am

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/14/3- ... ng.html.... I'd hate for those Chinese folks to serve justice with the outstanding men...
0 x
Santa Claus, the ultimate Yankee....

ga.prime
GURU
GURU

Re: Thank goodness their home

Postby ga.prime » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:26 am

Everybody knows that everything in China is recorded on CCTV. Except these idiots.
0 x
where'd it come from, how'd it get there?

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:17 am

ALACOWMAN wrote:http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/14/3-ucla-basketball-players-return-to-us-after-being-detained-in-china-for-allegedly-shoplifting.html.... I'd hate for those Chinese folks to serve justice with the outstanding men...

Future pro athlete if the pro’s would go to affrimitve action in the NFL and NBA where the pro teams had to represent the ethnic makeup of America.
All this protest would go away and most of the players could put a cohesive sentence together on national TV.
0 x
Grandpa always said never trust a banker,lawyer,preacher or guvmit man. They will steal from widows and orphans.

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:22 am

Bet they would take a knee, if we left their butts over there...
0 x
Santa Claus, the ultimate Yankee....

Rafter S
GURU
GURU

Postby Rafter S » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:35 pm

The link doesn't work for me. Can someone please summarize?
0 x
"I spent half my money on wine, women, and song.....and like a fool I squandered the rest." - Benny Hill

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:00 pm

Rafter S wrote:The link doesn't work for me. Can someone please summarize?

Some of elite black college basket ball players got caught shoplifting.
Should have left them in China as a teaching experience.
4 x
Grandpa always said never trust a banker,lawyer,preacher or guvmit man. They will steal from widows and orphans.

boondocks
GURU
GURU

Postby boondocks » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:31 pm

I seem to remember a bunch of folks on CT having admitted to shoplifting or other idiocy in the teens (or even 20s). A sorority sister of mine in college took clothes from TJ Maxx...From a good family, who got her a good attorney, resulted in a slap on the wrist. Not condoning the act; hopefully they'll learn from their mistakes made so young, just as we all (hopefully) do.
0 x

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:55 pm

Wow, Mr T did something wrong?
0 x
The only possible end result of treating all animals like people is that all people will be treated like animals

boondocks
GURU
GURU

Postby boondocks » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:36 pm

Caustic Burno wrote:

CB not sure why their race is relevant here. White kids never shoplift or do anything knuckleheaded in their youth? That would be news to me.Heck, I know a young white boy who, as a teen, along with a friend got into a railway switchbox near their homes and pulled a lever that could have derailed a train. One (then)young man went on to serve a long career in the military; the other is an MD. (One of them is my brother).
0 x

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:30 pm

boondocks wrote:
Caustic Burno wrote:

CB not sure why their race is relevant here. White kids never shoplift or do anything knuckleheaded in their youth? That would be news to me.Heck, I know a young white boy who, as a teen, along with a friend got into a railway switchbox near their homes and pulled a lever that could have derailed a train. One (then)young man went on to serve a long career in the military; the other is an MD. (One of them is my brother).

It’s relevant when you look at crime stats on who is committing the majority of offenses.
The elite college basketball player was dripping in sarcasm as well.
1 x

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:56 pm

boondocks wrote:I seem to remember a bunch of folks on CT having admitted to shoplifting or other idiocy in the teens (or even 20s). A sorority sister of mine in college took clothes from TJ Maxx...From a good family, who got her a good attorney, resulted in a slap on the wrist. Not condoning the act; hopefully they'll learn from their mistakes made so young, just as we all (hopefully) do.

I agree, I sincerely hope they realize how close they came to some awful consequences and stay on the straight and narrow from here on out.
1 x
Time for a snappy new signature.

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:58 pm

Nesikep wrote:Wow, Mr T did something wrong?

No, he did the right thing. Too bad he wasn't around in time to save Otto Warmbier.
0 x
Time for a snappy new signature.

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:51 pm

boondocks wrote:I seem to remember a bunch of folks on CT having admitted to shoplifting or other idiocy in the teens (or even 20s). A sorority sister of mine in college took clothes from TJ Maxx...From a good family, who got her a good attorney, resulted in a slap on the wrist. Not condoning the act; hopefully they'll learn from their mistakes made so young, just as we all (hopefully) do.

My family would of never got me out of jail much less hire an attorney for stealing. I've done a lot of bad things, but stealing isn't one of them. My pop told me stealing is the worst thing a person can do, and if I ever did he'd beat me till I was blind. I don't know what he meant, but I know he meant it. I have no use for a thief, and feel after three strikes, they deserve a bullet behind the ear.
1 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

boondocks
GURU
GURU

Postby boondocks » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:39 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:

My family would of never got me out of jail much less hire an attorney for stealing. I've done a lot of bad things, but stealing isn't one of them. My pop told me stealing is the worst thing a person can do, and if I ever did he'd beat me till I was blind. I don't know what he meant, but I know he meant it. I have no use for a thief, and feel after three strikes, they deserve a bullet behind the ear.

Care to tell us what some of the bad things were that you got away with? :D
0 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:24 am

boondocks wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:

Care to tell us what some of the bad things were that you got away with? :D

No I wouldn't want to bore you, and no I didn't get away with them all either.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

Return to “Coffee Shop”