Page 1 of 3

Supercharged Angus

Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:00 pm
by Brookhill Angus
Square B posted this photo today.

353

Good God this is a bull!

We only have one calf so far from him, but more on the way.

Re: Supercharged Angus

Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:06 pm
by callmefence
Brookhill Angus wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:00 pm
Square B posted this photo today.

353

Good God this is a bull!

We only have one calf so far from him, but more on the way.
Nice from what little I can see.
How many more.
Let's see that calf.

Re: Supercharged Angus

Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:14 pm
by Brookhill Angus
callmefence wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:06 pm
Brookhill Angus wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:00 pm
Square B posted this photo today.

353

Good God this is a bull!

We only have one calf so far from him, but more on the way.
Nice from what little I can see.
How many more.
Let's see that calf.
342

I posted him before, but you said he was just an ordinary calf that anyone could find anywhere. LOL!

I only have a couple more on the way, all my effort right now is on SAV America 8018. Maybe I can breed Supercharger back to those America daughters in time.

Re: Supercharged Angus

Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:18 pm
by callmefence
Brookhill Angus wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:14 pm
callmefence wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:06 pm
Brookhill Angus wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:00 pm
Square B posted this photo today.

353

Good God this is a bull!

We only have one calf so far from him, but more on the way.
Nice from what little I can see.
How many more.
Let's see that calf.
342

I posted him before, but you said he was just an ordinary calf that anyone could find anywhere. LOL!

I only have a couple more on the way, all my effort right now is on SAV America 8018. Maybe I can breed Supercharger back to those America daughters in time.
Yes I remember.
Why would you breed any of those if you have America and America is better. Do you have a limited supply of America or is there another reason??

Re: Supercharged Angus

Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:23 pm
by Brookhill Angus
callmefence wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:18 pm
Brookhill Angus wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:14 pm
callmefence wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:06 pm


Nice from what little I can see.
How many more.
Let's see that calf.
342

I posted him before, but you said he was just an ordinary calf that anyone could find anywhere. LOL!

I only have a couple more on the way, all my effort right now is on SAV America 8018. Maybe I can breed Supercharger back to those America daughters in time.
Yes I remember.
Why would you breed any of those if you have America and America is better. Do you have a limited supply of America or is there another reason??
I bred them before America arrived.

Rest assured, I will probably put more DNA parentage proven America calves on the ground than any operation in the country, and most likely do it first. Outside of SAV and Herbster of course.

Let's just say that I have an "ample" quantity in the tank. LOL!

Back to Supercharger, here is a side profile, THIS BULL IS DIESEL!!!!

354

Re: Supercharged Angus

Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:32 pm
by callmefence
Brookhill Angus wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:23 pm
callmefence wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:18 pm
Brookhill Angus wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:14 pm


342

I posted him before, but you said he was just an ordinary calf that anyone could find anywhere. LOL!

I only have a couple more on the way, all my effort right now is on SAV America 8018. Maybe I can breed Supercharger back to those America daughters in time.
Yes I remember.
Why would you breed any of those if you have America and America is better. Do you have a limited supply of America or is there another reason??
I bred them before America arrived.

Rest assured, I will probably put more DNA parentage proven America calves on the ground than any operation in the country, and most likely do it first. Outside of SAV and Herbster of course.

Let's just say that I have an "ample" quantity in the tank. LOL!

Back to Supercharger, here is a side profile, THIS BULL IS DIESEL!!!!

354
Well that makes perfect sense.
I've seen lots of ai breeders with a different bull for every cow it seemed. Then get on the stump against homegrown bulls producing inconsistent calves. Always seemed silly to me.

Re: Supercharged Angus

Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:43 pm
by Brookhill Angus
callmefence wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:32 pm
Brookhill Angus wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:23 pm
callmefence wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:18 pm

Yes I remember.
Why would you breed any of those if you have America and America is better. Do you have a limited supply of America or is there another reason??
I bred them before America arrived.

Rest assured, I will probably put more DNA parentage proven America calves on the ground than any operation in the country, and most likely do it first. Outside of SAV and Herbster of course.

Let's just say that I have an "ample" quantity in the tank. LOL!

Back to Supercharger, here is a side profile, THIS BULL IS DIESEL!!!!

354
Well that makes perfect sense.
I've seen lots of ai breeders with a different bull for every cow it seemed. Then get on the stump against homegrown bulls producing inconsistent calves. Always seemed silly to me.
I understand. If I were to line up my whole herd next to each other at a feed trough, a long one at that, and take a photo, I think you would see a very uniform group. I have a few outliers, but not many.

I like to breed to multiple sires, kind of like placing some on red and some on black. It only takes one exceptional donor to change a herd forever. From everything I have heard, that is what happened at Boyd's. One cow changed everything, and the rest is history.

It only takes one SAV Blackcap May 4136 or Sandpoint Blackbird 8809 to turns things from negative to positive. Who knows even a blind chicken like me, might find that golden kernel of corn. LOL!

Re: Supercharged Angus

Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:45 pm
by Silver
Well, keep buying your lottery tickets.

Re: Supercharged Angus

Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:04 pm
by Brookhill Angus
Silver wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:45 pm
Well, keep buying your lottery tickets.
I’m trying to make a dollar out of 15 cents

Re: Supercharged Angus

Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:42 pm
by Ebenezer
Brookhill Angus wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:04 pm
Silver wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:45 pm
Well, keep buying your lottery tickets.
I’m trying to make a dollar out of 15 cents
I'm all a'quivver after seeing the pictures. Are those real bulls and calves? They look so, so, so ... Angus. To double your money after the feed truck driver takes the big bills, fold the George Washingtons and put them back in your pocket. Otherwise same old sales pitch for no pay on Cattle Today, huh? Good deal for you.

Re: Supercharged Angus

Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:26 pm
by Brookhill Angus
Ebenezer wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:42 pm
Brookhill Angus wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:04 pm
Silver wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:45 pm
Well, keep buying your lottery tickets.
I’m trying to make a dollar out of 15 cents
I'm all a'quivver after seeing the pictures. Are those real bulls and calves? They look so, so, so ... Angus. To double your money after the feed truck driver takes the big bills, fold the George Washingtons and put them back in your pocket. Otherwise same old sales pitch for no pay on Cattle Today, huh? Good deal for you.
I come to CT to be entertained, not to sell cattle, that’s what Facebook and Instagram are for.

Re: Supercharged Angus

Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:29 pm
by TennesseeTuxedo
I use Craigslist.

Re: Supercharged Angus

Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:35 pm
by Brookhill Angus
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:29 pm
I use Craigslist.
That’s horrible, didn’t you know that is SO déclassé!!!

BTW, I’ve sold several that way recently thanks to the advice from Ron, who told me to post there.

Re: Supercharged Angus

Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:36 pm
by TennesseeTuxedo
Brookhill Angus wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:35 pm
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:29 pm
I use Craigslist.
That’s horrible, didn’t you know that is SO déclassé!!!

BTW, I’ve sold several that way recently thanks to the advice from Ron, who told me to post there.
Who do you think taught him?

Re: Supercharged Angus

Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:40 pm
by Brookhill Angus
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:36 pm
Brookhill Angus wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:35 pm
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:29 pm
I use Craigslist.
That’s horrible, didn’t you know that is SO déclassé!!!

BTW, I’ve sold several that way recently thanks to the advice from Ron, who told me to post there.
Who do you think taught him?
Haha! You of course!