Beefmaster Heifers

Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of your favorite breed.
Bfields30
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Posts: 375
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:27 pm
Location: Winnsboro tx
Has thanked: 51 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Beefmaster Heifers

Post by Bfields30 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:44 pm

Looking to pick from these few heifers which one do you guys think the best pick. And why?
Image

Image

Image

Image



JMER1533
Cowhand
Cowhand
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:28 am
Location: TN
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: Beefmaster Heifers

Post by JMER1533 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:08 pm

1st glance I like the 3rd and 4th ones the best.
3rd one just looks pretty to me and 4th looks lower to the ground which to me is a plus unless you’re looking to add a bunch of weight through grain and supplemental feed.

Bfields30
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Posts: 375
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:27 pm
Location: Winnsboro tx
Has thanked: 51 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: Beefmaster Heifers

Post by Bfields30 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:21 pm

JMER1533 wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:08 pm
1st glance I like the 3rd and 4th ones the best.
3rd one just looks pretty to me and 4th looks lower to the ground which to me is a plus unless you’re looking to add a bunch of weight through grain and supplemental feed.
The guy told me there 14-16 month 675-750. I’ve been looking for beefmaster lately they catch my eye I’ve heard a lot of good things about them too.

JMER1533
Cowhand
Cowhand
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:28 am
Location: TN
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: Beefmaster Heifers

Post by JMER1533 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:37 pm

They’re pretty, I found myself looking at the third one the most. ...yeah that’s right..I look at attractive cows at night before I go to bed lolol!

User avatar
TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 13411
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:49 pm
Location: Live in Franklin, TN farm in Warsaw, KY
Has thanked: 537 times
Been thanked: 503 times

Re: Beefmaster Heifers

Post by TennesseeTuxedo » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:43 am

I’d buy all of them. Nice heifers.
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

User avatar
ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 16359
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:16 pm
Location: Alabama the Beautiful
Has thanked: 378 times
Been thanked: 356 times

Re: Beefmaster Heifers

Post by ALACOWMAN » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:44 am

#2.....
someone said I should follow my dreams,,so I went back to bed...

User avatar
bball
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3220
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:43 am
Location: Indiana
Has thanked: 365 times
Been thanked: 121 times

Re: Beefmaster Heifers

Post by bball » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:53 am

ALACOWMAN wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:44 am
#2.....
I had picked #'s 2 and 4.
We do not see things as they are; we see things as we are. -Anais Nin
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. -Aesop

User avatar
ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 16359
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:16 pm
Location: Alabama the Beautiful
Has thanked: 378 times
Been thanked: 356 times

Re: Beefmaster Heifers

Post by ALACOWMAN » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:23 am

You can do something with of any of those..
someone said I should follow my dreams,,so I went back to bed...

User avatar
TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 13411
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:49 pm
Location: Live in Franklin, TN farm in Warsaw, KY
Has thanked: 537 times
Been thanked: 503 times

Re: Beefmaster Heifers

Post by TennesseeTuxedo » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:25 am

ALACOWMAN wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:23 am
You can do something with of any of those..
That’s why I’d take ‘em all.
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

User avatar
1982vett
GURU
GURU
Posts: 8760
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:57 pm
Location: Central Texas
Has thanked: 56 times
Been thanked: 70 times

Re: Beefmaster Heifers

Post by 1982vett » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:34 am

Kinda why I hate judging pictures....first thought they are all nice looking. Then you give a weight and age.... maybe the eye scales are off and they weigh more. I hope so. Beefmasters should be mashing down a scale by now.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. ~Albert Einstein
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day. ~Harry S. Truman

User avatar
bird dog
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1549
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:33 pm
Location: Navarro County, Texas
Has thanked: 83 times
Been thanked: 93 times

Re: Beefmaster Heifers

Post by bird dog » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:02 am

Pick you one out and send me the details of the others. I might be interested. Maybe give "us" a better price for all. :nod:

Bfields30
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Posts: 375
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:27 pm
Location: Winnsboro tx
Has thanked: 51 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: Beefmaster Heifers

Post by Bfields30 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:05 am

bird dog wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:02 am
Pick you one out and send me the details of the others. I might be interested. Maybe give "us" a better price for all. :nod:
I talk to him this morning he has 14 total In Texarkana . Thinking imma go get a couple sometime day.

Bfields30
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Posts: 375
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:27 pm
Location: Winnsboro tx
Has thanked: 51 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: Beefmaster Heifers

Post by Bfields30 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:05 am

1982vett wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:34 am
Kinda why I hate judging pictures....first thought they are all nice looking. Then you give a weight and age.... maybe the eye scales are off and they weigh more. I hope so. Beefmasters should be mashing down a scale by now.
Yeah I thought the same they look heavier then that to me.

Bfields30
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Posts: 375
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:27 pm
Location: Winnsboro tx
Has thanked: 51 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: Beefmaster Heifers

Post by Bfields30 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:07 am

I think they would make good babies out of my brangus bull.

User avatar
TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 13411
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:49 pm
Location: Live in Franklin, TN farm in Warsaw, KY
Has thanked: 537 times
Been thanked: 503 times

Re: Beefmaster Heifers

Post by TennesseeTuxedo » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:42 am

Bfields30 wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:05 am
1982vett wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:34 am
Kinda why I hate judging pictures....first thought they are all nice looking. Then you give a weight and age.... maybe the eye scales are off and they weigh more. I hope so. Beefmasters should be mashing down a scale by now.
Yeah I thought the same they look heavier then that to me.
I'd wager they are heavier than he's estimating.
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

Post Reply