2 Upcoming Angus Bootcamps

Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of your favorite breed.
Post Reply
User avatar
TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 13767
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:49 pm
Location: Live in Franklin, TN farm in Warsaw, KY
Has thanked: 702 times
Been thanked: 613 times

2 Upcoming Angus Bootcamps

Post by TennesseeTuxedo » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:32 pm

Is anyone on CT planning to go to hear Kelli Retallick of AAA explain the new EPDs this Saturday evening in Lebanon, TN at the Fairgounds? I'm thinking about going and would love to say hello if you're going to be there.

Image


Making Cattle Today Great Again!
Sometimes you do have to throw out the babies with the bath water.

User avatar
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU
Posts: 9952
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:57 pm
Location: Kentucky
Has thanked: 594 times
Been thanked: 590 times

Re: 2 Upcoming Angus Bootcamps

Post by Bright Raven » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:45 pm

I am going to try.
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

User avatar
TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 13767
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:49 pm
Location: Live in Franklin, TN farm in Warsaw, KY
Has thanked: 702 times
Been thanked: 613 times

Re: 2 Upcoming Angus Bootcamps

Post by TennesseeTuxedo » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:51 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:45 pm
I am going to try.
The Louisville meeting would be the logical one for you to attend. I'm going to the one in Lebanon mainly because they are serving food, LOL!
Making Cattle Today Great Again!
Sometimes you do have to throw out the babies with the bath water.

User avatar
TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 13767
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:49 pm
Location: Live in Franklin, TN farm in Warsaw, KY
Has thanked: 702 times
Been thanked: 613 times

Re: 2 Upcoming Angus Bootcamps

Post by TennesseeTuxedo » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:51 pm

Hook2.0 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:38 pm
Nope.
Too bad. I really wanted to see you again.
Making Cattle Today Great Again!
Sometimes you do have to throw out the babies with the bath water.

User avatar
gizmom
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3147
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:23 pm
Location: Molino Florida
Has thanked: 130 times
Been thanked: 269 times

Re: 2 Upcoming Angus Bootcamps

Post by gizmom » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:46 pm

For those that would like more information but can’t attend a meeting they have a webinar that is pretty good. http://www.angus.org/Media/News/FullArt ... -Available
The new system is no different than the old in that it provides us with a tool. When your building something it takes more than one tool to get a job done. I would hate to try to build a house if they only gave me a hammer.

Gizmom
Respect give it to get it!

User avatar
ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 16458
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:16 pm
Location: Alabama the Beautiful
Has thanked: 446 times
Been thanked: 430 times

Re: 2 Upcoming Angus Bootcamps

Post by ALACOWMAN » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:09 pm

I thought there already was a boot camp for Angus, with drill sergeant BrookHill."" put Down that flip phone,you mouth breathing knuckle draggers""" :cowboy:
someone said I should follow my dreams,,so I went back to bed...

User avatar
TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 13767
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:49 pm
Location: Live in Franklin, TN farm in Warsaw, KY
Has thanked: 702 times
Been thanked: 613 times

Re: 2 Upcoming Angus Bootcamps

Post by TennesseeTuxedo » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:25 pm

ALACOWMAN wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:09 pm
I thought there already was a boot camp for Angus, with drill sergeant BrookHill."" put Down that flip phone,you mouth breathing knuckle draggers""" :cowboy:
SIR YES SIR!
Making Cattle Today Great Again!
Sometimes you do have to throw out the babies with the bath water.

User avatar
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU
Posts: 9952
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:57 pm
Location: Kentucky
Has thanked: 594 times
Been thanked: 590 times

Re: 2 Upcoming Angus Bootcamps

Post by Bright Raven » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:33 pm

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:51 pm
Bright Raven wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:45 pm
I am going to try.
The Louisville meeting would be the logical one for you to attend. I'm going to the one in Lebanon mainly because they are serving food, LOL!
If I go it will be to Louisville. I will hopefully be talking to Kelli Tuesday about EPDs.
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

Ebenezer
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1750
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:46 am
Location: Piedmont of SC
Has thanked: 179 times
Been thanked: 369 times

Re: 2 Upcoming Angus Bootcamps

Post by Ebenezer » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:10 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:33 pm
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:51 pm
Bright Raven wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:45 pm
I am going to try.
The Louisville meeting would be the logical one for you to attend. I'm going to the one in Lebanon mainly because they are serving food, LOL!
If I go it will be to Louisville. I will hopefully be talking to Kelli Tuesday about EPDs.
Please get all of the scoop and fill us in on the details. You can be donned as the CT ambassador to AAA or the ASA designated mole to find out the AAA secret formulas. Hopefully you can export the 60 year history of the association so that you will be well rounded with the big picture. Maybe you can get a masters degree in Angus and study up on some math in the form of "cow-cu-lus" to meet the BH expectations of a cattle farmer. Quite a high calling, you know. :nod:

User avatar
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU
Posts: 9952
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:57 pm
Location: Kentucky
Has thanked: 594 times
Been thanked: 590 times

Re: 2 Upcoming Angus Bootcamps

Post by Bright Raven » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:17 pm

Ebenezer wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:10 pm
Bright Raven wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:33 pm
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:51 pm


The Louisville meeting would be the logical one for you to attend. I'm going to the one in Lebanon mainly because they are serving food, LOL!
If I go it will be to Louisville. I will hopefully be talking to Kelli Tuesday about EPDs.
Please get all of the scoop and fill us in on the details. You can be donned as the CT ambassador to AAA or the ASA designated mole to find out the AAA secret formulas. Hopefully you can export the 60 year history of the association so that you will be well rounded with the big picture. Maybe you can get a masters degree in Angus and study up on some math in the form of "cow-cu-lus" to meet the BH expectations of a cattle farmer. Quite a high calling, you know. :nod:
I have been asked by Sim Ang King to ask how the baseline for the new foot EPD was established. I have some other personal questions. Thanks.
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

User avatar
NEFarmwife
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1108
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:33 pm
Location: "The Good Life"
Has thanked: 94 times
Been thanked: 221 times

Re: 2 Upcoming Angus Bootcamps

Post by NEFarmwife » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:36 pm

Bright Raven, if you do go... could you ask them to do a shorter PP version online without all the rhetoric? I mean that in the sincerest way. I had to go thru the online version twice because I got bored. I had to screenshot from their online webinar, write a bunch of notes, etc... because I needed to be able to explain (properly and to the best of my understanding) to our clients. It would be much simpler if AAA could do this for everyone.

User avatar
TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 13767
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:49 pm
Location: Live in Franklin, TN farm in Warsaw, KY
Has thanked: 702 times
Been thanked: 613 times

Re: 2 Upcoming Angus Bootcamps

Post by TennesseeTuxedo » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:38 pm

I’m going for the food.
Making Cattle Today Great Again!
Sometimes you do have to throw out the babies with the bath water.

User avatar
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU
Posts: 9952
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:57 pm
Location: Kentucky
Has thanked: 594 times
Been thanked: 590 times

Re: 2 Upcoming Angus Bootcamps

Post by Bright Raven » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:39 pm

NEFarmwife wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:36 pm
Bright Raven, if you do go... could you ask them to do a shorter PP version online without all the rhetoric? I mean that in the sincerest way. I had to go thru the online version twice because I got bored. I had to screenshot from their online webinar, write a bunch of notes, etc... because I needed to be able to explain (properly and to the best of my understanding) to our clients. It would be much simpler if AAA could do this for everyone.
I talked to Joyce this week. I enjoy Modeling even though I am not an AAA member, information is information. I will be glad to pass that suggestion on to Kelli. She was in travel this week. Hopefully, I can talk to her before Friday.
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

User avatar
sim.-ang.king
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5083
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:17 pm
Location: Southern IL
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 409 times

Re: 2 Upcoming Angus Bootcamps

Post by sim.-ang.king » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:41 pm

Does anyone have a list of other location they are going to have these events? Not going to be in the field for the next week, and if there's going to be one close by, it be nice to go grill some angus. :lol:
Why should I apologize for becoming a monster?
Did anyone apologize for making me one?

Post Reply