Fall Bull Calves.

Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of your favorite breed.
T & B farms
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Posts: 418
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:15 pm
Location: SW kansas
Has thanked: 92 times
Been thanked: 69 times

Re: Fall Bull Calves.

Post by T & B farms » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:57 am

Very nice calves. That white face one looks to have a lot of length to him



User avatar
Bright Raven
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 10528
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:57 pm
Location: Kentucky
Has thanked: 856 times
Been thanked: 880 times

Re: Fall Bull Calves.

Post by Bright Raven » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:12 am

T & B farms wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:57 am
Very nice calves. That white face one looks to have a lot of length to him
Thank you. He does. I am happy with this group.
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

frieghttrain
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 753
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:35 pm
Location: south/east MN
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 14 times

Re: Fall Bull Calves.

Post by frieghttrain » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:20 am

You've got a good looking set of bulls there Ron. I wish our pastures looked like that!
Quality doesn't have a color.

Franke
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Posts: 359
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:42 pm
Location: SE MN
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 30 times

Re: Fall Bull Calves.

Post by Franke » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:25 pm

Really envious of the green down there.

User avatar
Bright Raven
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 10528
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:57 pm
Location: Kentucky
Has thanked: 856 times
Been thanked: 880 times

Re: Fall Bull Calves.

Post by Bright Raven » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:25 pm

frieghttrain wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:20 am
You've got a good looking set of bulls there Ron. I wish our pastures looked like that!
Thank you.
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

User avatar
snoopdog
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1490
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:16 am
Location: ne oklahoma
Has thanked: 629 times
Been thanked: 253 times

Re: Fall Bull Calves.

Post by snoopdog » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:12 pm

I'm very impressed, good looking group
Being poor is the most expensive thing there is

User avatar
Bright Raven
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 10528
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:57 pm
Location: Kentucky
Has thanked: 856 times
Been thanked: 880 times

Re: Fall Bull Calves.

Post by Bright Raven » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:21 pm

snoopdog wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:12 pm
I'm very impressed, good looking group
Thank you. I put a lot of value in that comment.
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

User avatar
sim.-ang.king
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5163
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:17 pm
Location: Southern IL
Has thanked: 45 times
Been thanked: 462 times

Re: Fall Bull Calves.

Post by sim.-ang.king » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:24 pm

Good lookin bunch, if they develop well over the summer you should do well with them.
That baldy bull would be one to buy, if he was solid colored, but I'm sure others will say other wise.

Got anymore pictures of the rest of them?
"We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst." - C. S. Lewis

User avatar
TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 14264
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:49 pm
Location: Live in Franklin, TN farm in Warsaw, KY
Has thanked: 899 times
Been thanked: 858 times

Re: Fall Bull Calves.

Post by TennesseeTuxedo » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:32 pm

sim.-ang.king wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:24 pm
Good lookin bunch, if they develop well over the summer you should do well with them.
That baldy bull would be one to buy, if he was solid colored, but I'm sure others will say other wise.

Got anymore pictures of the rest of them?
Would my purebred Angus gals knock that blaze off or is it dominant like a Hereford?
Making Cattle Today Great Again!
Sometimes you do have to throw out the babies with the bath water.

User avatar
Bright Raven
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 10528
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:57 pm
Location: Kentucky
Has thanked: 856 times
Been thanked: 880 times

Re: Fall Bull Calves.

Post by Bright Raven » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:41 pm

sim.-ang.king wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:24 pm
Good lookin bunch, if they develop well over the summer you should do well with them.
That baldy bull would be one to buy, if he was solid colored, but I'm sure others will say other wise.

Got anymore pictures of the rest of them?
Thanks. I plan to get some individual pictures. Everyone has a preference. I have folks who specifically ask for ones with a Blaze. I have others who specifically request the solid blacks.
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

User avatar
sim.-ang.king
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5163
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:17 pm
Location: Southern IL
Has thanked: 45 times
Been thanked: 462 times

Re: Fall Bull Calves.

Post by sim.-ang.king » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:48 pm

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:32 pm
sim.-ang.king wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:24 pm
Good lookin bunch, if they develop well over the summer you should do well with them.
That baldy bull would be one to buy, if he was solid colored, but I'm sure others will say other wise.

Got anymore pictures of the rest of them?
Would my purebred Angus gals knock that blaze off or is it dominant like a Hereford?
I don't think it's dominant, but couldn't say for sure either way. Had a WF sim cow calve a baldy bull in 2017, and a solid black bull in 2018. Only difference was the 17 calf was from a solid red sim bull, and the 18 calf was from a Angus bull.
"We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst." - C. S. Lewis

User avatar
TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 14264
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:49 pm
Location: Live in Franklin, TN farm in Warsaw, KY
Has thanked: 899 times
Been thanked: 858 times

Re: Fall Bull Calves.

Post by TennesseeTuxedo » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:50 pm

What say you Ron, would my gals fix the mess you made?
Making Cattle Today Great Again!
Sometimes you do have to throw out the babies with the bath water.

User avatar
Bright Raven
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 10528
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:57 pm
Location: Kentucky
Has thanked: 856 times
Been thanked: 880 times

Re: Fall Bull Calves.

Post by Bright Raven » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:01 pm

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:50 pm
What say you Ron, would my gals fix the mess you made?
My guess would be the Angus black would be hard to overcome.
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

User avatar
TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 14264
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:49 pm
Location: Live in Franklin, TN farm in Warsaw, KY
Has thanked: 899 times
Been thanked: 858 times

Re: Fall Bull Calves.

Post by TennesseeTuxedo » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:05 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:01 pm
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:50 pm
What say you Ron, would my gals fix the mess you made?
My guess would be the Angus black would be hard to overcome.
Good. There’s hope yet then.
Making Cattle Today Great Again!
Sometimes you do have to throw out the babies with the bath water.

User avatar
bball
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3397
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:43 am
Location: Indiana
Has thanked: 672 times
Been thanked: 269 times

Re: Fall Bull Calves.

Post by bball » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:50 am

You have them all sold yet? ;-)
Exceptional group Ron. Your efforts are paying dividends! Congratulations to you.
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. -Aesop
Exercising compassion provides the most linear and fulfilling state of happiness.

Post Reply