Connealy Plus 6571

Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of your favorite breed.
User avatar
Brookhill Angus
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1963
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:45 pm
Has thanked: 523 times
Been thanked: 342 times

Connealy Plus 6571

Post by Brookhill Angus » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:07 pm

I am thinking of using this bull. Would like to use Confidence Plus instead, but the semen is not exactly inexpensive. So I thought this guy would be the next best bet.

When I called ST Genetics today they told me that he would be producing soon, but that sexed semen is not going to be available as of yet.

Just taking an informal poll, how many people would consider his sons for use on a commercial herd? I know my thoughts, but would like to hear yours.

244

Here is a link to his AAA info

http://bit.ly/2HI2JfW


"When someone tells you it can't be done, it's more a reflection of their limitations, not yours"

southernultrablack
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Posts: 477
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:12 am
Location: Northeast Alabama
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 55 times

Re: Connealy Plus 6571

Post by southernultrablack » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:23 pm

Don’t think I would, to straight in the rear legs and not enough rear end.

User avatar
holm25
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 590
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:46 am
Has thanked: 109 times
Been thanked: 44 times

Re: Connealy Plus 6571

Post by holm25 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:28 pm

I personally don’t care for him...

W.B.
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Posts: 330
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:21 pm
Location: SD
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 57 times

Re: Connealy Plus 6571

Post by W.B. » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:53 pm

His cow family has produced numerous herd bulls. He is not going to sire those 1800 lb cows you are seeking. I looked at his video and didn’t see anything that concerned me. To me he looks like the Confidence cattle I have seen. So you know they are not big cows as I am calving a group of first calf Courage daughters and they are going to be 1200 to 1300 mature wt cows. Darn nice cows by the way.

limftw
Cowhand
Cowhand
Posts: 117
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:47 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 13 times
Contact:

Re: Connealy Plus 6571

Post by limftw » Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:10 am

southernultrablack wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:23 pm
Don’t think I would, to straight in the rear legs and not enough rear end.
That was the first thing I noticed too.
"Governing a large country is like frying a small fish, you spoil it with too much poking."

User avatar
holm25
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 590
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:46 am
Has thanked: 109 times
Been thanked: 44 times

Re: Connealy Plus 6571

Post by holm25 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:01 am

southernultrablack wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:23 pm
Don’t think I would, to straight in the rear legs and not enough rear end.
Not all that balanced I didn’t think...

W.B.
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Posts: 330
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:21 pm
Location: SD
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 57 times

Re: Connealy Plus 6571

Post by W.B. » Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:50 am

holm25 wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:01 am
southernultrablack wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:23 pm
Don’t think I would, to straight in the rear legs and not enough rear end.
Not all that balanced I didn’t think...
Did you watch his sale video?

User avatar
holm25
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 590
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:46 am
Has thanked: 109 times
Been thanked: 44 times

Re: Connealy Plus 6571

Post by holm25 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:04 am

W.B. wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:50 am
holm25 wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:01 am
southernultrablack wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:23 pm
Don’t think I would, to straight in the rear legs and not enough rear end.
Not all that balanced I didn’t think...
Did you watch his sale video?
No I did not. Where can I find it? I’m just going off of his picture.

W.B.
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Posts: 330
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:21 pm
Location: SD
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 57 times

Re: Connealy Plus 6571

Post by W.B. » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:53 am

holm25 wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:04 am
W.B. wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:50 am
holm25 wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:01 am

Not all that balanced I didn’t think...
Did you watch his sale video?
No I did not. Where can I find it? I’m just going off of his picture.
Go to Connealy Angus website. There is a link on their bull sale page. Look for Northern livestock Video.

User avatar
sim.-ang.king
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5036
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:17 pm
Location: Southern IL
Has thanked: 40 times
Been thanked: 359 times

Re: Connealy Plus 6571

Post by sim.-ang.king » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:15 am

On videos I could find were for their Fall sale, and sold in the spring.

Link anyone??
Why should I apologize for becoming a monster?
Did anyone apologize for making me one?

Till-Hill
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 883
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:29 pm
Location: Waterville, Iowa
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 43 times

Re: Connealy Plus 6571

Post by Till-Hill » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:22 am

Brookhill Angus wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:07 pm
I am thinking of using this bull. Would like to use Confidence Plus instead, but the semen is not exactly inexpensive. So I thought this guy would be the next best bet.

When I called ST Genetics today they told me that he would be producing soon, but that sexed semen is not going to be available as of yet.

Just taking an informal poll, how many people would consider his sons for use on a commercial herd? I know my thoughts, but would like to hear yours.

244

Here is a link to his AAA info

http://bit.ly/2HI2JfW
Looks to be a nice calf, tho I won't be using sons of him until he has daughters milking. I can't afford to make a mistake breeding cows.

User avatar
Brookhill Angus
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1963
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:45 pm
Has thanked: 523 times
Been thanked: 342 times

Re: Connealy Plus 6571

Post by Brookhill Angus » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:58 am

I'm just wondering what ST Genetics sees in him. They obviously paid up to get hold of this bull.

If you look at what Confidence Plus sons sold for at Boyd's, they didn't even come close to the price of this bull.

So what's up with him?
"When someone tells you it can't be done, it's more a reflection of their limitations, not yours"

W.B.
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Posts: 330
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:21 pm
Location: SD
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 57 times

Re: Connealy Plus 6571

Post by W.B. » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:56 pm


User avatar
jscunn
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1469
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:52 am
Location: Northwest Florida
Has thanked: 51 times
Been thanked: 110 times

Re: Connealy Plus 6571

Post by jscunn » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:30 pm

I thought he roached up in the middle on the move, agree with the too straight in the hind legs and not enough depth of muscle in the rump.

YoungAngusCattle
Cowhand
Cowhand
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:43 am
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 19 times

Re: Connealy Plus 6571

Post by YoungAngusCattle » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:38 pm

jscunn wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:30 pm
I thought he roached up in the middle on the move, agree with the too straight in the hind legs and not enough depth of muscle in the rump.
I'm curious as to what you mean by this?
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright
"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence." - Lombardi

Post Reply