Kids & Horses

All about horses.
uplandnut
Cowhand
Cowhand

Re: Kids & Horses

Postby uplandnut » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:24 pm

I know these aren't rodeo pics but she sure enjoys the horses.
working on halter breaking one of her moms racehorses
bought this one as a $35 stud colt, probably my favorite in the pasture cause he is so mellow
the grey is her favorite and personal horse, loves taking her swimming and the wife and her got into riding in town, nothing like spook proofing you horse in town. Very impressed with how she has turned into a confident little horse person.
0 x

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Bigfoot » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:49 pm

Riding in town. I wish that work here. Cool pics.
0 x
A tumble bug makes a hard livin. Why? Cause that's just the way be nice is.

uplandnut
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby uplandnut » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:47 am

Bigfoot, they have had the cops called a number of times but they were told by the police that there are no ordinances that say they can't ride threw town. Only place that has had an issue with them was when they went threw the mcdonalds drive thru they were asked to leave.
0 x

Named'em Tamed'em
GURU
GURU

Postby Named'em Tamed'em » Sun May 22, 2016 12:32 pm

I know Donk isn't a horse, but we love her.
0 x
Get over it! It could have been alot worse.

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Bigfoot » Sun May 22, 2016 9:21 pm

I've watched a few reigning classes for donkeys over the years. I always enjoyed it.

A donkey is actually a very athletic animal. It doesn't seem to translate to riding, but they can hit top speed in a few steps.
0 x

Boot Jack Bulls
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Boot Jack Bulls » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:54 pm

My daughter got to ride after I used the old boy to teach a bull who's boss the other day. He's getting some age, but man can he work cattle!

0 x
Boot Jack Cattle LLC & Boot Jack Boers

City Guy
Rancher
Rancher

Postby City Guy » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:58 am

Call me an a**hole but I'm gone say this. It scares the be nice outta me to see little kids with no helmet around animals and no adult close enough to react to a "situation". It may be cute but it's irresponsible.
0 x
Play the music, not the notes; read the story, not the words.

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:06 am

City Guy wrote:Call me an a**hole but I'm gone say this. It scares the be nice outta me to see little kids with no helmet around animals and no adult close enough to react to a "situation". It may be cute but it's irresponsible.

whats irresponsible is people telling other people what needs to be done. this "we got to protect everyone from everything " is partly whats wrong with America. Its the OP choice not more nothing less.
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

Boot Jack Bulls
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Boot Jack Bulls » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:06 pm

City Guy wrote:Call me an a**hole but I'm gone say this. It scares the be nice outta me to see little kids with no helmet around animals and no adult close enough to react to a "situation". It may be cute but it's irresponsible.

How about I raise my child as I see fit, and you do you! I've rode since I was in the womb, and that child has done the same. She rides better at her age than 95% of horse owning adults out there....but thanks for completely derailing this thread.
0 x

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Bigfoot » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:46 pm

I make mine practice in a helmet, (and very unwisely) I allow them to choose when they are at a rodeo/ropin/barrel show. As you can see, one chooses to, and one chooses not to. I wouldn't get on here ( or anywhere else), and tell other parents what they should do. I will say, my 2 girls are about the only ones I see around here, wearing helmets. Again, for myself, I probably shouldn't give them a choice. You would have to know my litteliest personality, for this to be funny. One of the older boys was ribbing her about wearing a helmet, and she told him," If you kick my butt I'll take it off". I guess she's not as worried about appearances as some.
0 x

City Guy
Rancher
Rancher

Postby City Guy » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:04 pm

Kid 50lbs Horse 1000lbs. Yeah that'll work. I'm not telling anyone what to do. I just expressed my opinion and I stick by it.
0 x

Boot Jack Bulls
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Boot Jack Bulls » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:17 pm

FYI, the size of the animal is not the problem. A 20 pound dog could kill my child too! Worring about what MAY happen to a child builds a society of loosers who cannot fend for themselves. No one asked for your personal views on kids and horses, this thread is to post pictures of the ones we love and our equine family members. If you wanna tell people your thoughts on how I am an irresponsible parent, start your own thread!
0 x

City Guy
Rancher
Rancher

Postby City Guy » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:38 am

It just dawned on me that some of you might think I was talking about ALL the pics! NO, not at all. Just the very first one. Baby in the saddle with no way of controlling the animal. Don't care who you are--that's dangerous! She will not grow up to be a loser just because an adult stands next to her in a photo. The other pics are enjoyable, some are inspirational. Sorry for any misunderstanding.
0 x

Boot Jack Bulls
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Boot Jack Bulls » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:06 am

city guy, what you fail to consider is that there is another adult close behind the horse in both pictures, just cropped out. Both of those geldings are broke, and had been used hard before she rode them. As with judging cattle on a picture alone, it doesn't tell the whole story. My child will be fine without your input, thanks!
0 x

City Guy
Rancher
Rancher

Postby City Guy » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:50 am

If there is an adult in those pictures where is their shadow?
0 x

Return to “Horse Talk!”