Transfer Paperwork

Breed your cows to the best bulls in the nation!
NEFarmwife
Cowhand
Cowhand

Re: Transfer Paperwork

Postby NEFarmwife » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:57 pm

SchenkAngusFarm wrote:
Luckiamute wrote:
SchenkAngusFarm wrote:
Yeah, it has been a disaster. We bought them open but they were not cheap. I don't want to give away too much but they were full blooded SAV's coming out of a complete dispersal. We were bidding against Deer Valley if that tells you the quality.

My father is calmer than me and he bought them so it's on him. So far they have produced all females so he has just turned them into recips. Either way, it's not ideal.

Because of that I don't buy at sales where I don't know the people anymore or at least have a good conversation. Some guys are good cattlemen and bad with keeping paperwork. I have no doubt the numbers on these are legit but they are essentially a business loss given that we can't do anything with them in terms of registration.

Was there a sale manager or management group in charge of the sale that you can contact? How about contacting the American Angus Association for help?

He's trying to help me with it. I have the guy's cell phone and have been trying to call it.

My thought it that eventually the Angus Association is going to have to go to instant transfers. Get rid of all of the paper certificates and move only to e-filing. It takes all of 30 seconds to transfer. I've just heard of these problems popping up too often for a lot of different reasons.

I went in and changed our registration papers to electronic this morning. Be great if it were all automated that way. I understand you'd need that registration paper in certain circumstances but maybe that could be a specific request.

Although the physical copy, the first registered cow my husband and I bought together, felt good to have in my hands. :)
0 x

SchenkAngusFarm
Cowhand
Cowhand

Re: Transfer Paperwork

Postby SchenkAngusFarm » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:01 pm

NEFarmwife wrote:
SchenkAngusFarm wrote:
Luckiamute wrote:
Was there a sale manager or management group in charge of the sale that you can contact? How about contacting the American Angus Association for help?

He's trying to help me with it. I have the guy's cell phone and have been trying to call it.

My thought it that eventually the Angus Association is going to have to go to instant transfers. Get rid of all of the paper certificates and move only to e-filing. It takes all of 30 seconds to transfer. I've just heard of these problems popping up too often for a lot of different reasons.

I went in and changed our registration papers to electronic this morning. Be great if it were all automated that way. I understand you'd need that registration paper in certain circumstances but maybe that could be a specific request.

Although the physical copy, the first registered cow my husband and I bought together, felt good to have in my hands. :)

I certainly understand that. It make sense and yes, I think they should be available for special occasions but I think they should be more commemorative at this point.

I just sold a bull to a guy last week through private treaty and he asked me when I would have the paperwork to him and I told him he already had it. I did it while he was loading him on the trailer. :D
0 x

Return to “Artificial Insemination (AI) for Cattle”