Finally some real food..............

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
cowgal604
Rancher
Rancher

Re: Finally some real food..............

Post by cowgal604 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:45 pm

Jeanne - I do not trust the quality of the food. I also don't think it makes much sense to feed children that don't need feeding when there are far bigger fish to fry, in my opinion. Leave the lunch programs in the areas that need it, but don't go about feeding every child in every school. Put the onus on the families. Set an expectation of what should be in the lunches and teach the families how to properly feed their children. Just reading on here I have learnt that most Americans don't trust the government enough to put their guns down (not saying they shouldn't have rights to them) but they trust the government to grow their child and influence everything down to their eating habits. I dunno...call me crazy, but not my kid.

Jeanne - Simme Valley
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Jeanne - Simme Valley » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:58 pm

Our biggest problem in the schools (IMHO) is the teachers trying to brain wash kids into their way of thinking. Eating habits - things they should be protesting. No teacher has the right to try to sway the way our children think.
You will find I am a strong NON BELIEVER in organic. I refuse to buy ANYTHING labeled organic. I will not support it. That & non-GMO and all these other fads are a waste of people's money. AS SAID - this is MY opinion and I am not trying to sway anyone else into thinking this way.
Parents still have the right to make a lunch for their children. No one is stopping them, to the best of my knowledge. Of course, my grandkids are 30ish. LOL I sure don't have any first hand knowledge!!!
" I do not trust the quality of the food." does this mean because it's not organic or because you don't trust the farmers that produced the food?
Simme Valley of New York - http://www.SimmeValley.com
"We make a living by what we get,
we make a life by what we give."

cowgal604
Rancher
Rancher

Post by cowgal604 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:24 pm

Jeanne - Simme Valley wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:58 pm
Our biggest problem in the schools (IMHO) is the teachers trying to brain wash kids into their way of thinking. Eating habits - things they should be protesting. No teacher has the right to try to sway the way our children think.
You will find I am a strong NON BELIEVER in organic. I refuse to buy ANYTHING labeled organic. I will not support it. That & non-GMO and all these other fads are a waste of people's money. AS SAID - this is MY opinion and I am not trying to sway anyone else into thinking this way.
Parents still have the right to make a lunch for their children. No one is stopping them, to the best of my knowledge. Of course, my grandkids are 30ish. LOL I sure don't have any first hand knowledge!!!
" I do not trust the quality of the food." does this mean because it's not organic or because you don't trust the farmers that produced the food?
I do disagree on the organics. Especially when it comes to eating foods that come from seeds that are GMO. Cancer is a cell mutation, so is most GMO foods. I was involved in a drug trial where I learnt a ton on human cells and reproduction. My mother in law also has a very rare auto immune disease that is said to have potential to be caused by heavy GMO in the body. And she is a huge non organic lady. Says its garbage and now she's in kidney failure with some rare disease.

People will always argue that food is what's killing us. But actually statistically people are living significantly longer than ever. The food isn't killing us...we are living longer and they are now capable of diagnosing things they have never been able to before, that's why cancer is more prevalent.

But for us...my mom wanted the farm in the first place so she could feed us what she grew. I don't feed my kid food that has a 2 year shelf life. That cant be good for you.

herofan
GURU
GURU

Post by herofan » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:43 am

sim.-ang.king wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:02 am
Unless you've eaten from the Obama era crap food mandate, you'll never understand why they are dumping it, and going with snack food.
Exactly. I can speak from first hand experience about the food. It’s already better from previous years, but the Obama era food was like eating cardboard with dust on it. It’s always been customary to make fun of school lunches, but the Obama food took it to a new level. For example, the breakfast biscuits were hard and tasted like dirt. The bacon was like a piece of rubber. A lot of things had no taste with a hint of cardboard. I could go on, but it’s horrible. Someone mentioned that hungry kids will eat whatever is put before them; if you were really, really hungry, as in your hadn’t eaten for a day or so, that’s true, but if you eat on a regular basis, a lot of kids dump the school lunch.