Took out a general............

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
Post Reply
User avatar
JMJ Farms
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4517
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:51 pm
Location: Middle Georgia
Has thanked: 291 times
Been thanked: 320 times

Re: Took out a general............

Post by JMJ Farms » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:13 pm

Caustic Burno wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:09 pm
I don’t know that I have my facts exactly right of 194 countries in the world. We send foreign aide to around 140.
Why? They hate our guts.

“All told, 30 countries receive 82% of all U.S. foreign aid, led by Afghanistan and Iraq, while 121 countries get less than $100 million each.”
Total 50 billion.
I may be a little off base but I’m pretty sure that we send money to them bc they kick back a substantial amount to our politicians, who just happen to be the same ones who approved sending it to them in the first place. But again, that’s just my thoughts.


Until we remember that the left wing and the right wing belong to the same bird and we come together as a nation then this country is in for more turmoil - Jogeephus

hurleyjd
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4664
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:52 am
Location: Yantis, Texas
Has thanked: 49 times
Been thanked: 220 times

Re: Took out a general............

Post by hurleyjd » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:50 pm

http://infographic.statista.com/normal/ ... _aid_n.jpg

Here is chart of countries receiving aid in 2017.

User avatar
Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty
Posts: 24806
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:02 pm
Location: Big Thicket East Texas
Has thanked: 277 times
Been thanked: 889 times

Re: Took out a general............

Post by Caustic Burno » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:56 pm

hurleyjd wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:50 pm
http://infographic.statista.com/normal/ ... _aid_n.jpg

Here is chart of countries receiving aid in 2017.
Mexico? Why?
Very rich country with a corrupt government. Sounds familiar.

http://worldpopulationreview.com/countr ... y-country/
Money doesn’t buy happiness, but the lack does buy misery.

hurleyjd
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4664
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:52 am
Location: Yantis, Texas
Has thanked: 49 times
Been thanked: 220 times

Re: Took out a general............

Post by hurleyjd » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:06 pm

JMJ Farms wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:13 pm
Caustic Burno wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:09 pm
I don’t know that I have my facts exactly right of 194 countries in the world. We send foreign aide to around 140.
Why? They hate our guts.

“All told, 30 countries receive 82% of all U.S. foreign aid, led by Afghanistan and Iraq, while 121 countries get less than $100 million each.”
Total 50 billion.
I may be a little off base but I’m pretty sure that we send money to them bc they kick back a substantial amount to our politicians, who just happen to be the same ones who approved sending it to them in the first place. But again, that’s just my thoughts.
Here is an article on the import-export bank that uses money to fund projects overseas and to purchase equipment from American companies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Export%E2 ... ted_States

hurleyjd
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4664
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:52 am
Location: Yantis, Texas
Has thanked: 49 times
Been thanked: 220 times

Re: Took out a general............

Post by hurleyjd » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:08 pm

Caustic Burno wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:56 pm
hurleyjd wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:50 pm
http://infographic.statista.com/normal/ ... _aid_n.jpg

Here is chart of countries receiving aid in 2017.
Mexico? Why?
Very rich country with a corrupt government. Sounds familiar.

http://worldpopulationreview.com/countr ... y-country/
I have no idea why maybe you can help, I only posted the link to the graph to show the countries in a graph that might show the aid and who gets it and where it goes.

User avatar
ccr
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Posts: 342
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:49 am
Location: ne texas
Has thanked: 127 times
Been thanked: 113 times

Re: Took out a general............

Post by ccr » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:20 pm

Caustic Burno wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:36 pm
JMJ Farms wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:05 pm
Looks like this deal is probably fixing to escalate. I have no doubt that our Presidents next action will be proportional to say the least. Really hate this but it’s been coming for a long time.
I agree!
I don’t understand why we have to play worlds police force.
This has been driven by the military industrial complex for 70 years.
It doesn’t matter the party they are puppets of the complex IMO.
I don’t have a problem taking them out and coming home. We threw that game plan out after WWI.
i agree, doesn't seem to matter what party is in, the generals and the war monger military industrial complex representatives control foreign policy
i know as much about this as anything else i don't know much about
happiness is healthy cattle

Redgully
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 998
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:24 am
Location: Karragullen, Western Australia
Has thanked: 542 times
Been thanked: 419 times

Re: Took out a general............

Post by Redgully » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:25 pm

If you isolate yourself from the world and stop being world police what is the risks of then ending up in another civil war. Sometimes it is best to be distracted.

SDM
Cowhand
Cowhand
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:02 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: Took out a general............

Post by SDM » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:32 am

Redgully wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:25 pm
If you isolate yourself from the world and stop being world police what is the risks of then ending up in another civil war. Sometimes it is best to be distracted.
The American "Civil War" of the 1860s really wasn't a civil war. The Confederacy was not fighting for control of the whole country. It was a war for independence as the Confederacy wished to secede from the Union.

Today I think Americans are as likely to fight over sports or the kardishians as anything else. I expect those actually willing to fight for something would all be on the same side.

Redgully
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 998
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:24 am
Location: Karragullen, Western Australia
Has thanked: 542 times
Been thanked: 419 times

Re: Took out a general............

Post by Redgully » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:38 am

SDM wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:32 am
Redgully wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:25 pm
If you isolate yourself from the world and stop being world police what is the risks of then ending up in another civil war. Sometimes it is best to be distracted.
The American "Civil War" of the 1860s really wasn't a civil war. The Confederacy was not fighting for control of the whole country. It was a war for independence as the Confederacy wished to secede from the Union.

Today I think Americans are as likely to fight over sports or the kardishians as anything else. I expect those actually willing to fight for something would all be on the same side.
You could have a war between those who want gun control and those who don't.....oh wait that wont work, well, it would be a short war!

User avatar
greybeard
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 19011
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:51 pm
Location: Cleveland Tx
Has thanked: 126 times
Been thanked: 618 times

Re: Took out a general............

Post by greybeard » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:14 pm

That would be referred to as the ultimate TRE.
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke
Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

User avatar
farmerjan
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2800
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:54 pm
Location: Shenandoah ValleyVirginia
Has thanked: 386 times
Been thanked: 272 times

Re: Took out a general............

Post by farmerjan » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:33 am

They are fixing to get in that position right here in Va. Never thought that this state (commonwealth) would get to this place. It is looking like it will be a mess here.

User avatar
TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 30244
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Heart of Texas
Has thanked: 322 times
Been thanked: 248 times

Re: Took out a general............

Post by TexasBred » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:27 pm

Redgully wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:38 am
SDM wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:32 am
Redgully wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:25 pm
If you isolate yourself from the world and stop being world police what is the risks of then ending up in another civil war. Sometimes it is best to be distracted.
The American "Civil War" of the 1860s really wasn't a civil war. The Confederacy was not fighting for control of the whole country. It was a war for independence as the Confederacy wished to secede from the Union.

Today I think Americans are as likely to fight over sports or the kardishians as anything else. I expect those actually willing to fight for something would all be on the same side.
You could have a war between those who want gun control and those who don't.....oh wait that wont work, well, it would be a short war!
Wasn't it Quigley that said "I never said I couldn't use one....said I never had any use for one". (In reference to a pistol)
“Tell me what you brag about and I'll tell you what you lack”

Spanish Proverb

User avatar
greybeard
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 19011
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:51 pm
Location: Cleveland Tx
Has thanked: 126 times
Been thanked: 618 times

Re: Took out a general............

Post by greybeard » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:58 pm

SDM wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:32 am
I expect those actually willing to fight for something would all be on the same side.
History has proven that Not to be so, (even in this country) but most emphatically all over the world.
OTOH, if only one side is willing to fight, then there isn't a fight.

(You are correct regarding how low the threshold has become regarding what is worth fighting over tho
I've recently seen verifiable news articles where people were willing to fight over fast food restaurant chicken sandwiches..and a 93 year renter old shot an apt custodian 3 times last weekend simply because his apt had a water leak.)
Some places, life's cheaper than others.
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke
Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Redgully
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 998
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:24 am
Location: Karragullen, Western Australia
Has thanked: 542 times
Been thanked: 419 times

Re: Took out a general............

Post by Redgully » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:49 pm

My neighbor was an old Italian who fought on the front line in russia during wwll, i always felt he would have no problem killing anyone who crossed him!

Buck Randall
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:45 pm
Has thanked: 70 times
Been thanked: 156 times

Re: Took out a general............

Post by Buck Randall » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:40 pm

greybeard wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:58 pm
SDM wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:32 am
I expect those actually willing to fight for something would all be on the same side.
History has proven that Not to be so, (even in this country) but most emphatically all over the world.
OTOH, if only one side is willing to fight, then there isn't a fight.

(You are correct regarding how low the threshold has become regarding what is worth fighting over tho
I've recently seen verifiable news articles where people were willing to fight over fast food restaurant chicken sandwiches..and a 93 year renter old shot an apt custodian 3 times last weekend simply because his apt had a water leak.)
Some places, life's cheaper than others.
You ever had one of those Popeye's sandwiches, though? Not saying I'd be looking for a fight over one, but if a guy had it coming anyway...

Post Reply