People will steal anything....

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
jltrent
GURU
GURU

People will steal anything....

Post by jltrent » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:47 am

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 625438001/

4 dead after hijacked UPS truck leads police on high-speed chase in Florida, FBI says......

Kinda hard to hide in one of these vehicles....It did not end well.......

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Re: People will steal anything....

Post by TexasBred » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:40 am

Saw yesterday where a guy was inside a store robbing it and when he ran outside with his loot someone had stolen his truck.
“Tell me what you brag about and I'll tell you what you lack”

Spanish Proverb

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Post by Caustic Burno » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:46 am

TexasBred wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:40 am
Saw yesterday where a guy was inside a store robbing it and when he ran outside with his loot someone had stolen his truck.
No honor among thieves.
But stealing the UPS truck for a getaway vehicle is definitely failing the IQ test.
Money doesn’t buy happiness, but the lack does buy misery.

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Bigfoot » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:07 am

I had the HVAC unit stolen off the side of my house by a methhead.
Your not a small business owner. Your a stay at home mom trapped in a pyramid scheme.

cowgal604
Rancher
Rancher

Post by cowgal604 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:14 pm

Bigfoot wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:07 am
I had the HVAC unit stolen off the side of my house by a methhead.
We had someone break into our farm building, steal a ton of humidifiers we had, then immediately post them for sale on Craigslist in the same city. That was an awkward meet up...

hurleyjd
GURU
GURU

Post by hurleyjd » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:36 pm

jltrent wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:47 am
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 625438001/

4 dead after hijacked UPS truck leads police on high-speed chase in Florida, FBI says......

Kinda hard to hide in one of these vehicles....It did not end well.......

One facts source said that the UPS driver was on his first day on the job. What a shame. I bet he and his family had
plans for Christmas but it will be a sad one for them.

bball
GURU
GURU

Post by bball » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:24 pm

Just awful. Guy working his job, trying to make ends meet and he is dead because a couple of scum bags would rather steal than earn. Liars an thieves are right up there with pedophiles imho...
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. -Aesop
Exercising compassion provides the most linear and fulfilling state of happiness.

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Post by Caustic Burno » Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:42 am

bball wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:24 pm
Just awful. Guy working his job, trying to make ends meet and he is dead because a couple of scum bags would rather steal than earn. Liars an thieves are right up there with pedophiles imho...
Both of the low life thieves were habitual criminals according to news reports with long rap sheets.
Those type people belong on the prison farm doing hard labor until they age out. We need to bring back chain gangs and the true prison farms with high riders. Cure a lot of societal problems today IMO. The Texas prison system actually made money for the state until
an LBJ appointee judge fixed it for us.
Judge William Justice of all the irony of his name. Now the prison system is a revolving door money pit.
Money doesn’t buy happiness, but the lack does buy misery.

Redgully
Rancher
Rancher

Post by Redgully » Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:27 am

bball wrote:
Nothing is lower than a pedophile. They rip out souls and leave them to live. Special place in be nice for them.

SmokinM
Rancher
Rancher

Post by SmokinM » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:52 am

A wise man once said “a bullet behind the ear”, ought to apply for most felony convictions. No repeat offenders, no feed bill, and these parents will start paying attention to what their kids are doing and start teaching them right from wrong. I am in favor of slower and more painful methods for pedophiles however.

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Post by greybeard » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:59 am

Redgully wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:27 am
bball wrote:
Nothing is lower than a pedophile. They rip out souls and leave them to live. Special place in be nice for them.
Well, BBall didn't say 'lower'...just said they were equally dispicable but
Some days I think you are correct RG, some days I believe the pedos are just a notch above the liars and thieves, simply because the liars steal the truth, which more precious than anything the human endeavor will ever have..with our innocent children being part of that truth..
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke
Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Post by callmefence » Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:39 pm

greybeard wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:59 am
Redgully wrote:
bball wrote:
Some days I think you are correct RG, some days I believe the pedos are just a notch above the liars and thieves, simply because the liars steal the truth, which more precious than anything the human endeavor will ever have..with our innocent children being part of that truth..
All of them should get the bullet behind the ear.
But the most dangerous criminals on the earth, the ones who cause the largest loss of inocent lives we should gut shoot them....that would be the distracted and drunk drivers and those who break the speed limit. :nod:
It ain't bragging if you can do it.
Red Bull Breeder.

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

Bright Raven
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Bright Raven » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:25 pm

callmefence wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:39 pm
greybeard wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:59 am
Redgully wrote:

All of them should get the bullet behind the ear.
But the most dangerous criminals on the earth, the ones who cause the largest loss of inocent lives we should gut shoot them....that would be the distracted and drunk drivers and those who break the speed limit. :nod:
I swear. The greatest threat to my life, liberty and pursuit of happiness is careless drivers. I am very serious about this. About a month ago, I was at an intersection. I had my left turn signal on. A Maysville City police officer was in the lane facing me as the light turned green. I was waiting on him to proceed so I could turn left. He had not noticed that the light had changed. I could very clearly see him holding his cell phone and looking at it instead of paying attention to the light.

I have driven for 50 years. Right now, there are more distracted drivers, careless drivers and drivers under the influence than I can ever remember. It seems like every other day, I encounter an oncoming car coming at me in my lane.
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

haase
GURU
GURU

Post by haase » Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:58 pm

We have dealt with drinking and driving for some years now, and then add texting on your phone to it, which is six times more dangerous, it makes you alot more aware while you're driving.

guidoLaMoto
Beginner
Beginner

Post by guidoLaMoto » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:43 pm

One in every 10,000 Americans will die every year on our highways....I wonder how many die from eating GMO foods grown with glyphosate? One total? Two, maybe? Shouldn't we forget regs on GMO or pesticides and outlaw cars?

Speaking of "they'll steal anything"... I'm a retired physician. I bought an office building about 40 yrs ago on the SW side of Chicago right on a busy intersection. It was furnished with some cheap-be nice plastic/fake aluminum & Naugahyde waiting room couches. I figured they were dangerous and about to collapse, so I piled them out on the sidewalk, figuring they wouldn't last long before someone carted them off....Wrong...They sat there for three days, untouched...I wised up. I put a sign on them: "$10 each."...They were gone by the next morning.